Lookin' For An Obama Turn-around!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I, for one, want to see President Obama rise in the polls.

Haven’t you noticed the fall-off in the internecine USMB battles since the precipitous drop in the President’s fortunes? What happened to all of the posts about the death of the Republican party, the self assured posts about the ‘shoe-in’ election of 2012, all the fabulous Obama-pic avatars,

I want more strife, more tussles, more blood-pressure raising confrontations!
I don’t come here to make nice!

“Yes he is!” “No, he’s not!”

“Yes he will! No, he won’t!’

Ah, the good old days…

So, he had one bad week…OK, a really bad one.

1. Southers withdraws his name.

2. Supreme Court throws a monkey-wrench into the monetary advantage of labor unions/Democrats

3. Air America goes bankrupt

4. Senator Brown is elected, which may mean the end of healthcare ‘reform’

5. The President unveils his new banking plan, and the markets have a hissy-fit

6. Bernanke sees some resistance to confirmation

7. Unemployment number won’t bend to his will

Maybe a bit worse than I thought.

Wait, there must be some way to prop up this empty suit, this chalk outline of a President.

I’m calling on all the warriors out there, both sides of the aisle, make some suggestions.

I’ll start with these:

1. Bomb Iran: his approval will skyrocket!

2. Quick, immediate tax cuts for all: watch unemployment drop like a stone.

3. Claim he was only kidding about ‘healthcare reform.’

4. Fire Eric Holder.

5. Sign onto a weekly show on Fox.

Good luck, Mr. President!

Politics is hard stuff, you expect miracles? More and more I credit FDR and even LBJ for the hard things they accomplished. It seems genuine toughness is required sometimes. Our image in the world has improved and we can only hope that lessens the hatred some feel towards our interference, even in cases where that judgment is not justified. UHC is still a dream but aren't all good things dreams till they happen. Could one even imagine passing social security today? So we inch forward, someday, hopefully, if the planet survives future thinkers will look back and say those darker times are over. As I witness and study politics today, I realize too strongly the biblical injunction, money is the root all evil. Run a candidacy based on 'they will take your money' (in America) and your chances are good. Nothing else matters.

"Reasoning is a robust source of hope in a world darkened by murky deeds." Amartya Sen

Politics is hard stuff, you expect miracles? More and more I credit FDR and even LBJ for the hard things they accomplished. It seems genuine toughness is required sometimes. Our image in the world has improved and we can only hope that lessens the hatred some feel towards our interference, even in cases where that judgment is not justified. UHC is still a dream but aren't all good things dreams till they happen. Could one even imagine passing social security today? So we inch forward, someday, hopefully, if the planet survives future thinkers will look back and say those darker times are over. As I witness and study politics today, I realize too strongly the biblical injunction, money is the root all evil. Run a candidacy based on 'they will take your money' (in America) and your chances are good. Nothing else matters.

"Reasoning is a robust source of hope in a world darkened by murky deeds." Amartya Sen

Typical progressive.... "Ok, things are bad but look how much the world loves us!"

Haven’t you noticed the fall-off in the internecine USMB battles since the precipitous drop in the President’s fortunes? What happened to all of the posts about the death of the Republican party, the self assured posts about the ‘shoe-in’ election of 2012, all the fabulous Obama-pic avatars,

Ah, the good old days…

2. Supreme Court throws a monkey-wrench into the monetary advantage of labor unions/Democrats

Wait, there must be some way to prop up this empty suit, this chalk outline of a President.

I’m calling on all the warriors out there, both sides of the aisle, make some suggestions.

I’ll start with these:

4. Fire Eric Holder.

Sorry, nobody is listening to Republican advise still.. :lol:

Ah, the good old days…

I’ll start with these:

4. Fire Eric Holder.

What did still need advice on?

And, you might have your hands over your ears and not be listening, but I am quietly confident that the POTUS heard the message - very loudly - when Downtown Scottie Brown arrived to take "Teddy's seat". The People spoke.... woe betide any politician that does not listen.

As in the case of so many political and social conumdrums, you and I often agree on some things and not on others, and often it's a question of where to draw the line.

FDR changed the landscape in so many ways, many of them I would not reverse.

From his 1944 "Second Bill of Rights" speech:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation; The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;

The right of every family to a decent home;

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The right to a good education.

So, all of the above?

Government control of the marketplace?

Even FDR stopped at 'adequate health care.'

"...the biblical injunction, money is the root all evil."
I believe it is the "love of money."

And, if you are going to us the Bible as authority, where do you find the progressive taxation that would pay for all of the above?

Ah, the good old days…

I’ll start with these:

4. Fire Eric Holder.

Thsi country is center-right and it always has been, he campaigned on a right center message, got elected and immediately went to the extreme left. FNC, this weekend will review his campaign promises and match up what he said to what he did, it's titled " in his own words," if you are a liberal who supports Obama this is not going to be pretty to watch. I think it will be aired tomorrow.

FNC is creaming CNN with 5-1 viewers choosing FNC, FNC is stomping all over The Dumb Down America Channel, MSNBC with a 6-1 viewership. These ratings have been taken over the last 6 months.

As in the case of so many political and social conumdrums, you and I often agree on some things and not on others, and often it's a question of where to draw the line.

FDR changed the landscape in so many ways, many of them I would not reverse.

From his 1944 "Second Bill of Rights" speech:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation; The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;

The right of every family to a decent home;

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The right to a good education.

So, all of the above?

Government control of the marketplace?

Even FDR stopped at 'adequate health care.'

"...the biblical injunction, money is the root all evil."
I believe it is the "love of money."

And, if you are going to us the Bible as authority, where do you find the progressive taxation that would pay for all of the above?

It is quite clear in the bible, money is not the root of all evil. But the LOVE of money is. Anyone who WORSHIPS and LOVES money more than anything else is in trouble with GOD..

Ah, the good old days…

I’ll start with these:

4. Fire Eric Holder.

You can be in denial until the cows come home, but the Massachusetts election tells everyone just how hard of a right turn this country has made, and it will make it again in Nov 2010. The Tsunami cometh.

Typical progressive.... "Ok, things are bad but look how much the world loves us!"

You know what CG? Someday we may need to rely on the support of the world.

Politics is hard stuff, you expect miracles?

You and your progressives do....it's all about me me me me me me I I I I I I I I I gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme take take take take take take with you guys.....You want everything handed to you by the government so when you fuck it all up you can pass the buck and say "but but but the government said.....!!!!!!! It's not my fault!!!!!! Bush did it!!!!!!!

I'm so sick and tired of this crap...and so is the rest of America!!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back