London Surgeon: Hospitals Like Afghan War Zones

i used to hang around on a 'brit' based board maybe 10 years ago . At that time they were bragging that their ' bobbies' didn't carry guns because they didn't have to . That might be changing for the Wankers !!

Last edited:
They already have banned a lot of knives. Amazing that, huh, because here they sit. What do you bet the perpetrator had an illegal knife.
Can you imagine how much worse it would be if all these savages had guns?

Can you imagine that not as many people would be killed if they had guns?
:cuckoo:

all those morons with knives wouldn't be so sure of themselves if the law abiding people were allowed to carry firearms
Yep, adding guns to the mix sure would calm things down. Well, you know, since that didn't work in the US and all.

Funny how well a piece of shit criminal behaves when thinks he might get shot. Only an idiot thinks law abiding people are better off if they are defenseless

Maybe the UK should ban knives and all other sharp objects huh?

They already have banned a lot of knives. Amazing that, huh, because here they sit. What do you bet the perpetrator had an illegal knife.
Can you imagine that not as many people would be killed if they had guns?
:cuckoo:

all those morons with knives wouldn't be so sure of themselves if the law abiding people were allowed to carry firearms
Yep, adding guns to the mix sure would calm things down. Well, you know, since that didn't work in the US and all.

Funny how well a piece of shit criminal behaves when thinks he might get shot. Only an idiot thinks law abiding people are better off if they are defenseless

aren't there laws against carrying concealed knives in the USA-----
????? like switchblades?

On second thought-----one of my potato peelers had an end that is even
better for yanking out eyes-------I am willing to give up the point on my
chef knife--------I can manage

as far as carrying a knife in the USA , its no problem in some states but its a problem in other states like New York and maybe California and other North Eastern states as a guess . ME , i carry a Swiss Army Knife , i bought the biggest i could find with a locking blade . Its 4 - 5 inches in length , is Swiss made , has a can opener , bottle opener , awl , scissors , a couple screw drivers and a few other things and looks like it would be illegal in the 'u.k.'. I carry it all the time in my pocket so its concealed . It is a pretty nice useful TOOL when i need it . If i wanted , i could carry most anything i like in a sheath on my hip in my state Rosie .

Here they do not totally ban knives. Other than those mentioned in US legislation below, yes, -some- places do state you can’t carry certain knives on your person, but they do not ban them. Then again some places might ban them. But federal law does not.
Here is a run down on the law-

1958 – The Switchblade Knife Act
Enacted in August 1958, The Switchblade Knife Act bans the creation, sale, importation, and transport of the switchblade for any commercial purposes. The Act also bans the possession and use of switchblades on Indian territories, federal lands, and any lands under federal jurisdiction. The possession or sale of switchblade knives is disallowed on Federal territorial or maritime jurisdictions like Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, and other US territories. The same banning of sales and ownership applies to military bases.

The act does not stop an individual from owning a switchblade or carrying the knife when not on federal property, and it does not regulate intrastate sale/purchase of the weapon. The Act includes a definition of the switchblade to make clear what knives are included in the law. The knives are those that open by pressure of the hand when pushing a part of the device or a button or any knife with an automatic opening function, whether it opens from gravity, inertia, or both.

In the late 1980s, the Switchblade Knife Act was amended to ban the possession, creation, importation, and/or sale of ballistic knives. Again, in 2009, the Act was amended once more. Essentially, the act applies to anyone traveling from one state to another within the nation or for those who are entering property governed by the federal government.
Knife Laws in the United States - Knife Den

aren't there laws against carrying concealed knives in the USA-----
????? like switchblades?

Last edited:
in my town------when attempting to enter the Municipal building or
Court house------hail clippers (even the really tiny ones) get
confiscated. I foresee a time when LONG FINGERNAILS----
will be banned.

"our parents never taught us that a specific version of the faith was wrong, instead telling us there were many ways to pray and worship, an upbringing opposite to divisive sectarianism, which can be politically motivated and trigger deep hatred" - Pakistani immigrant to the uk

in my town------when attempting to enter the Municipal building or
Court house------hail clippers (even the really tiny ones) get
confiscated. I foresee a time when LONG FINGERNAILS----
will be banned.
---------------------------------------------- TINY NAIL CLIPERS are a good example . Well , thats a different category as Government will restrict as they see fit no matter if its reasonable or not . And if a person follows the way things are going in the USA they should recognize that more and more restrictions and permissions that can easily be taken away by Government just rewriting a law is whats is happening as Constitutional RIGHTS are ignored and disregarded Rosie .

"our parents never taught us that a specific version of the faith was wrong, instead telling us there were many ways to pray and worship, an upbringing opposite to divisive sectarianism, which can be politically motivated and trigger deep hatred" - Pakistani immigrant to the uk

sheeeesh-----nuthin' like the Pakistanis I have encountered

sheeeesh-----nuthin' like the Pakistanis I have encountered

she also said: "overall, this feeling of difference always made me feel like we were special. it was only later in life that i understood that many around us didn't see us as a special family but as inferior"

Forum List

Back