LOL! So what are you about to eat right now? No judgements, all posts welcome!

If you are ever near Newberry SC, on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, stop in the Tractor Supply Warehouse parking lot and check out the taco truck that's there every weekend. Seriously good street tacos from that place for only 2.50 ea.

When I lived in Amarillo, there was a place called "El Giro" that I checked out because it was rated in Texas Monthly magazine as having one of the top 100 taco places in the ENTIRE state of Texas. Ended up going there at least 2 or 3 times a month just because of their tacos (they also had great homemade flan).

Well, when I moved to SC, I was thinking I would never get good tacos again because of the area. Happy to say, I was wrong, because the tacos that come out of the truck in the TSC parking lot are almost exactly what I was getting in Amarillo from the place that was rated to have one of the top 100 taco places in Texas. Happy find! And now, my fiancee and her family know that if it's Friday (and sometimes Sat. and Sun.), I'm gonna be getting tacos from that truck. They also have excellent mulitas, and I'm gonna try their burritos sometime soon.

Some of the best mexican food comes out of those trucks.
We had a mexican chick who used to stop by the shop every day selling tacos out of the trunk of her car.
I'd gladly give $500 bucks for her recipe for those tacos.
Man Do I ever miss em.

The Wife had a girl that worked for Her and her grandmother made the best tamales I've ever eaten and her green salsa was kick ass,unfortunately she doesnt work there anymore.

We've been on a search for some good tamales lately.
Tried a local place and they sucked!! They put a half inch layer of masa and barely any meat.
We found this guy doing some searching on the internet.
His prices are WAY high as in $15 bucks for a half dozen!! Thats more than double the going rate for tamales!!
It's kind of a pain in the ass to get them since he only takes orders on Tuesday and Wednesday and you have to pick them up at a local farmers market.
They damn well better be good at that price!!!

Oh! I wanna know more! Eggwash? Cornmeal? Break it down for me, pls!
My last 2 salmon patty makings were a pretty much a bust.

1668718914866.png

I start with this basic recipe...

I don't have any tarragon so used a mix of basil, oregano, and parsley. Left out the red pepper because it doesn't agree with me or the wife. Then crunched up some Ritz crackers for the cracker mix with some garlic powder mixed in. Put the crab meat in my little grinder to make it like hamburger meat then mixed in half of the crunched crackers and other stuff. Made the patties and patted in the rest of the crunched crackers on the outside of the patty to give it a breading on the outside.

When finished with that put it in the fry pan with lots of butter and make like a hamburger. Takes about fifteen minutes or so to get a nice golden brown crust. Then serve.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Dinner tonight is simple pasta with a marinara sauce. Tomorrow night we are eating at the Lone Eagle Grill. So we are taking it easy tonight.

I'm partial to blackened grouper, it's a colloqiual thing.
I like grouper and tuna blackened also. Walleye is free though. Walleye night fishing is outrageous right now. Not uncommon to get three man limit in 20 minutes to an hour right after sunset.

I like grouper and tuna blackened also. Walleye is free though. Walleye night fishing is outrageous right now. Not uncommon to get three man limit in 20 minutes to an hour right after sunset.

Blackened tuna?
Never heard of blackening tuna. When making ahi tuna you sear it a couple minutes per side but not enough to blacken.
If you went that far with it it'd taste like starkist out of a can.
I stick to cajun blackened redfish which is where it all started and was invented by Paul Prudhomme.

Blackened tuna?
Never heard of blackening tuna. When making ahi tuna you sear it a couple minutes per side but not enough to blacken.
If you went that far with it it'd taste like starkist out of a can.
I stick to cajun blackened redfish which is where it all started and was invented by Paul Prudhomme.
You blacken the spices on top of it just to the point where the very top of the meat is slightly crunchy. Seals in the juices. Good stuff

I know how to make blackened fish as well as tuna.
Interesting I would have thought the tuna would get over done using the blackening method.
Might have to give it a try.
Really good. I make some blackened shrimp tacos that may be my favorite of all them. Tuff to say they are all so good. Spent some time at Fort Polk. Cajun food was every where Really developed a taste for it.

Really good. I make some blackened shrimp tacos that may be my favorite of all them. Tuff to say they are all so good. Spent some time at Fort Polk. Cajun food was every where Really developed a taste for it.

Being nextdoor in Texas we have a bunch of cajun/creole food.
The Wife and I's favorites are still blackened redfish and gumbo both chicken and sausage and seafood...oh,and of course a big pot of crawfish.
The price of seafood has gotten so high a big pot of gumbo is expensive as hell!!
Even before bidenflation took hold we'd spend a hundred bucks or more in seafood just to make a pot of gumbo.
These days it's ridiculously expensive.

Being nextdoor in Texas we have a bunch of cajun/creole food.
The Wife and I's favorites are still blackened redfish and gumbo both chicken and sausage and seafood...oh,and of course a big pot of crawfish.
The price of seafood has gotten so high a big pot of gumbo is expensive as hell!!
Even before bidenflation took hold we'd spend a hundred bucks or more in seafood just to make a pot of gumbo.
These days it's ridiculously expensive.
I catch kill or grow most of what I eat. About all I buy at the store is milk,bread and eggs. I am on lake Erie right now so walleye and perch is my fish source. Do gave to buy the shrimp as I will not wait till I go south for those tacos. I'll go south likely Jan 2nd then I will switch to actual seea food. I will, shrimp, crab and fish. Love me some blue crab.

I catch kill or grow most of what I eat. About all I buy at the store is milk,bread and eggs. I am on lake Erie right now so walleye and perch is my fish source. Do gave to buy the shrimp as I will not wait till I go south for those tacos. I'll go south likely Jan 2nd then I will switch to actual seea food. I will, shrimp, crab and fish. Love me some blue crab.

To make a good pot of gumbo you'd be gathering a shitload of seafood.
Same with a nice crawfish boil.
While it's possible you'd spend a great deal of time and effort to pull it off.
Far easier to just ass up the money.

To make a good pot of gumbo you'd be gathering a shitload of seafood.
Same with a nice crawfish boil.
While it's possible you'd spend a great deal of time and effort to pull it off.
Far easier to just ass up the money.
When that is made its normal a planned joint effort around the marina. That being said I spend most my day on the water. I am there all day. April thru may 10 to 12 hours running fishing charters six days a week. May through August 12 to 16 hours same thing. September to early Nov about 8 hour per day. Use to run duck trips Nov. Thru Jan 3 every day. Now just three days a week. Down south I spend 4 to 6 hours a day on the water and do some golfing and drinking along with it. Currently if no duck trip I go fishing at sun down. Spend 20 minutes to an hour on water then typically about 40 minutes cleaning the fish. It's what I want to do doesn't feel like work.

Last edited:
When that is made its normal a planned joint effort around the marina. That being said I spend most my day on the water. I am there all day. April thru may 10 to 12 hours running fishing charters six days a week. May through August 12 to 16 hours same thing. September to early Nov about 8 hour per day. Use to run duck trips Nov. Thru Jan 3 every day. Now just three days a week. Down south I spend 4 to 6 hours a day on the water and do some golfing and drinking along with it. Currently if no duck trip I go fishing at sun down. Spend 20 minutes to an hour on water then typically about 40 minutes cleaning the fish. It's what I want to do doesn't feel like work.

Any pics of your boat?

Forum List

Back