Living Wage Bernie Pays His Employees $12/hr

Trump's interns pay him to work...
==]
Trump has had to hire actors to bump up the size of his crowds and still can't fill most venues while Bernie has standing room only with crowds OUTSIDE the venue because they can't all get in.

==]
Trump has had to hire actors to bump up the size of his crowds and still can't fill most venues while Bernie has standing room only with crowds OUTSIDE the venue because they can't all get in.

I don't know how true that is.... and it wouldn't change who I voted for anyway. Not sure why people think that "voting for who has a larger crowd" is a brilliant voting strategy....

But just having looked at the videos I've seen.... your claim doesn't seem all that impressive. Trump usually has huge venues, and Bernie has small venues. Easy to pack a room, when it's a small room. I have a 900 sq foot condo. 40 people could make it look packed. That doesn't mean I have the support of the entire nation, no matter how packed a small room is.

==]

I don't know how true that is.... and it wouldn't change who I voted for anyway. Not sure why people think that "voting for who has a larger crowd" is a brilliant voting strategy....

But just having looked at the videos I've seen.... your claim doesn't seem all that impressive. Trump usually has huge venues, and Bernie has small venues. Easy to pack a room, when it's a small room. I have a 900 sq foot condo. 40 people could make it look packed. That doesn't mean I have the support of the entire nation, no matter how packed a small room is.
===========
I wouldn't classify auditoriums as " small " venues.

And his turnout NUMBERS ( overall ) are much higher than Trumps.

Sanders probably draws 2 1/2 times as many people -- if you don't count the media that follows Trump like a 15 year old boy would follow a naked girl.

Trump has been a media whore for many years, his celebrity status draws the crowds more than his message of plank..

. I would pay them enough to be worth their trip to get to the training session, and also enough to purchase a lunch or drink and/or snacks if work more than say 3 hours but no more than 6 hours total. If a person works 8 hours they should be given minimum wage IMHO. Not sure why it is acceptable to have people train or work for nothing. If a person asked to be trained or to sit in on an unscheduled session or training seminar in which the person seeks out and see's as beneficial to themselves, then maybe they would be on their own, but if they are sent by a college or educational department to a location or job market for training, then I think agreements should be made prior that would assist the student in doing so..

How much is "enough to be worth their trip"? In a free market system, we can determine that by the fact people agree to take the job at a given wage. If the wage is too low, people don't take the job. If the wage is too high, employers simply won't employ people. As a result, the natural system will move the wage to the "enough to be worth their trip" level.

But you propose to enforce a wage at the Federal level for "intern". How would the Federal government know what that wage is? If they set it too high, no one get's an intern job, and if they set it to low, no one takes the intern job.

You think some government official is going to know what is the affordable wage in jobs across 50 states, from rural to urban, in low cost of living to high cost of living areas? Of course not. Only the free market can find out those wages across all areas.
. You attribute alot in my name in your post, so are you using me as a platform for your ranting maybe ? I was talking about a musician that may have been sent to the studio lets say for a training session, and how I could pitch in and help if the person needed a little help.. Now what you created out of that was quite interesting..

Your comments seemed more general than that. "If a person works 8 hours they should be given minimum wage IMHO" and "Not sure why it is acceptable to have people train or work for nothing" and "if they are sent by a college or educational department to a location or job market for training, then I think agreements should be made prior that would assist the student in doing so"

That seemed like a wider scope than what you suggest now. But ok....

I would say the same basic economic principals still apply either way. The fact is, there are some internships, which are not worth minimum wage. A great example would be the dealership I worked at. The dealership used to have 3 open apprenticeship positions.

Now they have none. Reason? Too costly. When you join an apprenticeship to be a mechanic, the dealership is effectively paying you to break cars, until you don't break them anymore. They not only have to pay you a wage to break cars, but then pay the experienced mechanic to fix what you break.

When the Min-wage was low, they could afford to do this. But now that it's $8/hr in Ohio, can't afford it. Thus no apprenticeship program.
. Break cars ? Wow. One would think it would be based upon helping to fix cars that come in broken... Hmmm

If they already knew how to fix them, then they wouldn't be in an apprenticeship position. They would be hired as a mechanic.

I worked as an apprentice. That's how I know. I broke every car I touched, which is why I'm not a mechanic now. And I asked my employer about this, and that is literally why they stopped doing the apprenticeship. Too expensive now to pay someone to break cars.
. So your position is training should be free?

:lol:

It's really amazing how desperate you guys are to find a "scandal" to pin on Sanders.

Bernie Sanders Demands $15 Minimum Wage But Pays Interns $12 PER HOUR

You mean THAT scandal? Jesus...wake the hell up.

That's my point.

The fact that Bernie Sanders pays his interns more than any other Presidential candidate or Congressman is not a "scandal".

You are correct. It is hypocrisy. They should be paying $15 at a minimum. Now, how about addressing that?

That's my point.

The fact that Bernie Sanders pays his interns more than any other Presidential candidate or Congressman is not a "scandal".

Your point is an invalid as you are. If you are a Presidential candidate that espouses a $15.00 minimum wage and yet you pay your staff $12.00 - you are, by definition, a hypocrite.

What wage has Sanders advocated be paid to interns?

Well, obviously if Sanders wants $15.00 per hour minimum - don't you think he is cheating his employees out of $3.00 per hour?

No. They are interns and he's going way, way above what he has to pay them by 12 fucking dollars an hour.

Careful! That is considered sexual harassment.

Bernie's doin ok. $12 for part-time interns is reasonable. They aren't complaining. They know working for greedy white Republican dude isn't a better alternative.

No worse than republicans claiming they are going to help out the American people and support amnesty and unfair trade deals

Still haven't gotten any white Republican dude takers. I asked how much they would pay these part-time interns. They won't take a stab at it. I think it's because i'm asking for honesty. They may not be capable of that anymore.

That's my point.

Your point is an invalid as you are. If you are a Presidential candidate that espouses a $15.00 minimum wage and yet you pay your staff $12.00 - you are, by definition, a hypocrite.

Well, obviously if Sanders wants $15.00 per hour minimum - don't you think he is cheating his employees out of $3.00 per hour?

No. They are interns and he's going way, way above what he has to pay them by 12 fucking dollars an hour.

Somebody raised you wrong.

You seem to be the one lacking any morals.

Morals? Who said anything about morals? I have no idea where you're going with this, you appear to be just picking fights for the hell of it.

Morals? Who said anything about morals? I have no idea where you're going with this, you appear to be just picking fights for the hell of it.

You started it.

If you don't want me to post, then don't respond to my posts.

You started it.

What did I start? I'm just trying to make sense of you. Not really concerned if you post or not.

You started it.

What did I start? I'm just trying to make sense of you. Not really concerned if you post or not.

Read the thread. You replied to my post.

You started it.

Read the thread. You replied to my post.

Nope, I think you're mistaken on that, I was responding to RandallFlag.

==]

===========
I wouldn't classify auditoriums as " small " venues.

And his turnout NUMBERS ( overall ) are much higher than Trumps.

Sanders probably draws 2 1/2 times as many people -- if you don't count the media that follows Trump like a 15 year old boy would follow a naked girl.

Ok. I'll take your word for it.

Forum List

Back