List all of the programs the GOP wants to Defund. Then ask..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ClosedCaption, Apr 6, 2011.

1. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,303
    ...and then what?

Defund the Dept of Education and then what? Charters that arent in business will take all the left over students? Or everyone will suddenly stop working to home school their kids? I dont know...So I'm asking

Defund Planned Parenthood and then what? Adoptions of American children will suddenly go through the roof? People will stop having sex once they realize they cant get free condoms? Since most women seeking abortions already have one child what should they do if they cannot care for the child?

The Republican or Conservative answer never seem to acknowledge what is inevitable from cutting or defunding any number of programs (Medicare, Medicade, SS, Welfare, Unemployment etc). The only thing that is done is mock those positions. Like "Oh no! If we cut medicare old people will be eating dog food!" They never say that this is wrong they just mock it.

I just listened to waaaay too much Limbaugh and Hannity this afternoon. But mocking that position without explaining why this is worthy to be mocked seems empty.

"Waaaaa the house will burn down if you set a fire in the living room!" type mocking. Then never explain why the fire they want to set wont cause the house to burn. Their solution to everything is "freedom" "liberty" "make me feel good".

2. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,933
    The dummycrat run public school indoctrination system is a complete sham!

WSJ: We've Become a Nation of Takers, Not Makers

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,667
    Well, first off, this is complete asshattery.

Secondly, your answer to everything is to take somebody else's money and spend on imbecilic shit that never works and always cost more and more money.

4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    In time, the economy will bounce back and tax revenues will soar. Re-funding will occur.

5. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,895
    Who gives a fuck? People really need to take responsibility for their own lives.

If you are too stupid to wear a damn condom - bummer for you. Not. My. Problem. Deal with it. Hope you like children or like having abortions. A condom costs $1.00. An abortion is $300.00. A baby is a ...A helluva lot more expensive. Either way- tough shit - you're gonna pay one way or another. Actions have consequences.

It's your life- take responsibility for it and shut the fuck up. Government is not your mommy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. ClosedCaption

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,303
    I know, I know everything is wrong with everything. I'm concerned at the lack of perfection also but what is the cons plan? We know you don't like things that are not perfect. So what is the answer besides give everyone freedom from govt then it will figure itself out?

The first 3 posts highlight my op perfectly

7. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,081
    1. The essential functions of the federal government would be national defense, courts, intellectual property and international relations. Add to this the mandatory costs of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, plus interest payments, subtracted from expected revenue, the government is in deficit.

2. Any program that is currently federal could probably be handled better and cheaper by the states, figuring that local folks would keep a closer eye on the funds being spent…For example:

a. Federal housing programs should be completely disbanded, as they were the reason for the mortgage meltdown. And, clearly, the right to a home is not in the Constitution.

b. Federal highway and mass transit programs, budgeted at $41.3 billion in 2011. Eisenhower’s Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956 was supposed to expire in 1972, “designed to create a national 41,250-mile highway system to be completed by 1969.” It has been expanded to 160,000 miles. The 18.4 cents federal fuel tax to fund the plan could be assumed by the states (I know, the Constitution gives the feds the power to establish ‘post roads’… can’t we assume that to have been done?). Federal Highway Funding | Downsizing the Federal Government

8. ClosedCaption

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,303
    Do you really want to cross paths with someone from a state like Alaska education system? *shudders*

I think the reason for federal education is to have some standard for all Americans. Seriously,what will happen when the state becomes broke for whatever reason? No school? Shut down of schools? That sounds like a disaster. And people who fan afford to leave, will leave. And the ones who can't will be stuck withs choice of home schooling (which can't be done in a two parent working household) or no school.

I know, I know...tough shit for those that can't, but it will coat on one end or the next

9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Whoever said that perfection was an option, Captain Strawman?

10. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

That's all really heart wrenching, but the truth is, we don't have the money.

Start off by saying we have so many dollars to spend then allocate them to the most pressing needs. When you run out, stop spending.