Linguistic Analysis: Donald Trump talks like a 4th grader

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Donald Trump talks like a 4th grader: linguistic analysis

Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump talks like a 4th grader, according to a linguistic analysis performed by Politico's Jack Shafer. Shafer ran the text of Trumps' responses in the recent Republican debate through the Flesch-Kincaid test, designed to determine how difficult a given passage is to understand for English readers:

Run through the Flesch-Kincaid grade-level test, his text of responses score at the 4th-grade reading level. For Trump, that’s actually pretty advanced. All the other candidates rated higher, with Ted Cruz earning 9th-grade status. Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, and Scott Walker scored at the 8th-grade level. John Kasich, the next-lowest after Trump, got a 5th-grade score.

This explains his polls numbers and popularity with far-right GOPers.

Hey, when you got nothing, and you hate a man, rather than attack his policy positions, sling mud, right?

Some of my favorite people are kids. Kids are so innocent, they tend to tell the truth and be more honest than the ruthless, hating, deceitful, Machiavellian pieces of shit we have in DC now. Do you know what I mean?

kindergarten568.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad since it looks like it's really held him back....
He could have been somebody,done something with his life...

What I wouldn't give to see Rump sit down for an interview with Bill Buckley.

Why? What a waste of time.

Buckley would have the laid out agenda of the establishment, with one goal, to destroy Trump.

Let's see. Buckley is CIA, CFR, SMOM, Skull and Bones, and a former Bilderberger. What could he possibly have to contribute to the conversation? The man is poison.

"Mr. Buckley," one non-fan wrote in 1967, "you are the mouthpiece of that evil rabble that depends on fraud, perjury, dirty tricks, anything at all that suits their purposes. I would trust a snake before I would trust you or anybody you support."

Responded Buckley: "What would you do if I supported the snake?"

What I wouldn't give to see Rump sit down for an interview with Bill Buckley.

Why? What a waste of time.

Buckley would have the laid out agenda of the establishment, with one goal, to destroy Trump.

Let's see. Buckley is CIA, CFR, SMOM, Skull and Bones, and a former Bilderberger. What could he possibly have to contribute to the conversation? The man is poison.

"Mr. Buckley," one non-fan wrote in 1967, "you are the mouthpiece of that evil rabble that depends on fraud, perjury, dirty tricks, anything at all that suits their purposes. I would trust a snake before I would trust you or anybody you support."

Responded Buckley: "What would you do if I supported the snake?"

You misread me. Not for the politics at all -- who cares about that, far as I'm concerned they could talk about football --- but for the intellectual mismatch.
Just to watch Rump squirm. That's it. I have no doubt immediately following the interview Rump would sue him. As he does with everything that doesn't rhetorically fellate the Hair Apparent.

It's directly related to my sigline below, which is as I read it the point of the OP article.

Last edited:
There are a lot of legitimate reasons to critique Donald Trump. This one is simply stupid and childish and right on par with the kind of debate we've all come to expect from the OP.

The way he always wiggles sideways to keep from answering any questions and then says "trust me" ...

Used car salesman.

There are a lot of legitimate reasons to critique Donald Trump. This one is simply stupid and childish and right on par with the kind of debate we've all come to expect from the OP.

He won't be elected but if he were, he would be the leader of the free world. As such, he should be held to higher standards than that of a grade school bully.

Too bad since it looks like it's really held him back....
He could have been somebody,done something with his life...

And if daddy hadn't left him an enormous fortune?

How many times could you afford to declare bankruptcy and still have plenty left to spend on more bad investments?

I've got to agree with Luddly...................Donald the Chump talks like a used car salesman, because any time you ask him direct questions, he either tells us he's got plans (without explaining them), or he starts talking about places he's been or how rich and smart he is.

Matter of fact, I watched his campaign event yesterday and found out he knows a lot about Middle Eastern airports, but he didn't give any answer as to how he would deal with China.

Besides...................what do airports in Qatar or Dubai have to do with our trade with China?

Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump talks like a 4th grader, according to a linguistic analysis performed by Politico's Jack Shafer. Shafer ran the text of Trumps' responses in the recent Republican debate through the Flesch-Kincaid test, designed to determine how difficult a given passage is to understand for English readers:

Run through the Flesch-Kincaid grade-level test, his text of responses score at the 4th-grade reading level. For Trump, that’s actually pretty advanced. All the other candidates rated higher, with Ted Cruz earning 9th-grade status. Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, and Scott Walker scored at the 8th-grade level. John Kasich, the next-lowest after Trump, got a 5th-grade score.

If you take Obama off the teleprompter, he's no great shakes either.

If you take Obama off the teleprompter, he's no great shakes either.

Let's face it, the last time we heard more than a 5th-grade reading level from any major POTUS candidate was probably Kennedy, or maybe Stevenson. Dumbdown has been dominant for decades.

A 4th grade level is appealing to the far right as they don't understand big words or complicated ideas. Expressions like "you're stupid" or "you're fired" or "I'm very rich" work for that group.

The candidates talk 5th grade because of the lack of education on the far right. :lol:

That's quite likely the case – Trump's policy positions are naïve, inane, simplistic, and sophomoric; clearly he's incapable of pursuing sound, responsible governance.

That's quite likely the case – Trump's policy positions are naïve, inane, simplistic, and sophomoric; clearly he's incapable of pursuing sound, responsible governance.

Trump's policy positions are naïve, inane, simplistic, and sophomoric; clearly he's incapable of pursuing sound, responsible governance.

You trying to get Obama supporters to vote for him?

The candidates talk 5th grade because of the lack of education on the far right. :lol:

^ Reactionary
A 4th grade level is appealing to the far right as they don't understand big words or complicated ideas. Expressions like "you're stupid" or "you're fired" or "I'm very rich" work for that group.

Yeah, Trump should base his campaign on substance like, hope, hope n change!, I'm not Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Forum List

Back