Limbaugh doesn't understand the difference?

Discussion in 'Media' started by Amelia, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    I don't understand Limbaugh's opposition to Romney. Limbaugh is totally hung up on Romneycare. Sounds like he honestly thinks that a governor doing what his state wants is tantamount to a president taking over the healthcare of the entire nation.

I understand the average American being confused about the difference between states rights and federal rights but coming from Limbaugh this mystifies me.

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    he is about making money off his veiwers, they are TP and dont care about facts

3. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,634
    Wrong, again.

Rush makes money off of companies who purchase ad spots on his broadcasts. Because his audience is larger than anyone else's those companies pay a lot more for those spots than they would for spots on, say, Ed Schultz's show, or anyone else's for that matter.

4. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,673
    He understands the difference; he just doesn't care. You don't sell books and amass listeners by being honest on this score and he knows it.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I confess that I have never listened to him but, going solely on what I have read, the guy is an idiot.

6. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119

I don't think he is an idiot. Not usually. I do listen to him.

It took me a LONG time to warm up to him. In the 1990's when I was p.o.-ed at members of the Republican party (not at theoretical Republican ideals but at the kind of blowhards Republicans sent to congress) - back then when he used the term Feminazi so much - I wouldn't have even tried to leave the radio on throughout an entire hour of his bluster.

Now I'm usually able to see good ideas amid the showmanship. Also, a lot of what people write and say about him is based on tweaks he intentionally makes knowing that people will take it out of context. He sets it up. He predicts that this is the soundbite people will use. People use it. The next day he makes fun of them for it.

I find those segments amusing. :lol:

As he has gotten older and had to deal with embarrassments such as his drug use, he has developed more empathy. He had a serious lack of it, and still does lack it on occasion, but not as bad.

So basically .... I think he has mellowed in his old age. :cool:

7. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    ... but I still don't understand why he acts like he and/or America can't/won't be able to understand the difference between a program chosen by a state and one forced on a nation.

Maybe it is only an act to try not to seem too much of a typical establishment Republican.

Hopefully by the time Romney sews up the nomination, Limbaugh will be back to his more clear thinking self.

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,053
    We don't need anymore establishment Republicans like Romney.

9. toxicmedia

toxicmedia Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    Rush Limbaugh's product is the cultivation of discontent. He's an integral part of the GOP's efforts to solidify thier base, and there is nothing wrong or unethical about what he does.

That said....I feel sorry for anyone who mistakes his diatribes, however sincere, as the "thruth", or "facts"

10. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119

What is an "establishment Republican"?

If Romney is an establishment Republican, then maybe we do.

We didn't need McCain in 2008. Romney would have been the right person for the job then given the economic challenges we faced. On the economic front, he's still the best of the field by a long shot now. In 2008, Huckabee and his anti-Mormon wing fouled it up (p.s., how the heck was Huckabee considered conservative in any way but social?). But now the anti-Mormon contingent is having trouble finding a candidate who can stand up to scrutiny, so Romney is likely to win the nomination.

Just because someone acts like a grown up and has experience is not a good reason to write him off as "establishment" as if establishment is a bad thing. We're not 20-year-olds and this isn't the 60's.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011