'Like a playbook': Former track star speaks of years of grooming by creepy Canadian coach

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Another human beings life ruined by the "progressive, First World nation of Canada. This is par for the course in Canada. The abuses against the young and the poor by the powerful, is a distinctive Canadian trait.

No greater abuser than the creepy covert Canadian police. She uses the word "grooming". I've used the same word myself referring to certain member in the Canadian system.

Mary Jane Richards closes her eyes and remembers what it was like to run.

"I just felt like I was flying," she says.

In the 1990s, for three straight years, Richards was an Ontario and Canadian cross-country champion. She was the first to cross the finish line in almost every big race she entered. She had an international ranking.

But when she crashed, it wasn't an injury that brought her down.

Rather, it was the gradual grooming, Richards says, by her running coach, Peter Des Brisay — which started as something akin to a father-daughter relationship but crossed the line to include inappropriate massages, explicit emails and sexual intercourse.

Now 44, Richards remains athletic — but running is no longer part of her regime.

"It was just so intertwined with the trauma," she says. "The trajectory was looking like I was going to end up going to the Olympics [and then] the entire thing imploded, because of the abuse."

Seems like there were a lot of people who witnessed this perverse relationship and did nothing meaningful to either stop it or to bring it to the attention of the authorities.

The end of her running career? that was not inevitable.

Forum List

Back