Libs on DU Waking Up:let's keep our heads in the sand b/c we don't like the messenger

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2472831

let's keep our heads in the sand b/c we don't like the messenger

I am talking about a thread I started earlier this morning on a critical acquisition by UAE Dubai, the Helmsley Building, which apparently is connected to or part of Grand Central Station. But that thread was locked because the source is "not allowed" on DU.
Yes, let's stay in the dark because we don't like "that source" (who apparently I dare not name).
whatever.

rtwngAvngr said:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2472831

let's keep our heads in the sand b/c we don't like the messenger

I am talking about a thread I started earlier this morning on a critical acquisition by UAE Dubai, the Helmsley Building, which apparently is connected to or part of Grand Central Station. But that thread was locked because the source is "not allowed" on DU.
Yes, let's stay in the dark because we don't like "that source" (who apparently I dare not name).
whatever.

What does that mean, "not allowed" on DU?

• Banned
trobinett said:
What does that mean, "not allowed" on DU?

DU is total censorship, man. If you go on there as a conservative you are immediately banned and your comments deleted. That's why these lib-bots think they're right. They're raised like little hothouse idiots over there. Sources not approved by the party apparatus are not even allowed to be linked to.

I come over here and talk with you fine conservative people, and I still think that many liberal ideas are right.

• Banned
deaddude said:
I come over here and talk with you fine conservative people, and I still think that many liberal ideas are right.

What can I say, you're a stubborn jackass? :)

deaddude said:

I would be interested in having you name 5 please.

trobinett said:
RWA stated:

So, is DU another board, and one that we can`t link from or to?

Sounds weird. :smoke:

no. we can. jimmy's not a nazi like these thugs. it's democraticunderground.com it's a hoot really. You can try to log in and argue but you'll be banned in about a second.

rtwngAvngr said:
no. we can. jimmy's not a nazi like these thugs. it's democraticunderground.com it's a hoot really. You can try to log in and argue but you'll be banned in about a second.

nah, you just post the opposite of what you believe and you can survive for years

manu1959 said:
I would be interested in having you name 5 please.

Conservation of the environment

Taxation required for neccesary public programs

Preference of peace to war

Protection of Civil Liberties

Marriage or civil unions for Homosexuals

Note: I am not as extreme as some liberals regarding my liberal beliefs, I do believe in compromise.

deaddude said:
Conservation of the environment

Taxation required for neccesary public programs

Preference of peace to war

Protection of Civil Liberties

Marriage or civil unions for Homosexuals

Note: I am not as extreme as some liberals regarding my liberal beliefs, I do believe in compromise.

Other than that last one, I would hardly call those Liberal ideas. Who doesn't prefer peace to war? Everyone wants their Civil Liberties protected, it's a matter of how far the protection goes and exactly what a Civil Liberty is that is the difference.

manu1959 said:
nah, you just post the opposite of what you believe and you can survive for years

I can't let myself do that. It's too convincing. I could start a people's revolution by accident. this kind of power can't be played around with! :soul:

Jimmyeatworld said:
Other than that last one, I would hardly call those Liberal ideas. Who doesn't prefer peace to war? Everyone wants their Civil Liberties protected, it's a matter of how far the protection goes and exactly what a Civil Liberty is that is the difference.

you are right about this, on many issues the devil is in the details

Conservation of the environment, the Left does tend to consider this more important than the Right

Taxation required for neccesary public programs, it all comes down to what you define as a neccesary public program the right tends to favor cutting taxes to some programs which I think are neccesary.

Preference of peace to war, somtimes the right is just a little too "gun ho" for my tastes.

Protection of Civil Liberties, you already pretty much covered that in your post Jimmy

deaddude said:

The sheer fact that you can speak your mind and not get banned here, shows the difference between a conservative board and a liberal one like DU.

deaddude said:
you are right about this, on many issues the devil is in the details

Conservation of the environment, the Left does tend to consider this more important than the Right

Conserving the envrionment is all well and good but not at the cost of our economic independence.

Taxation required for neccesary public programs, it all comes down to what you define as a neccesary public program the right tends to favor cutting taxes to some programs which I think are neccesary.

Im all for cutting out needless programs. Unfortunately, there hasnt been a single program that had funds "cut" in the last 100 years. They simply didnt receive as big an increase the following year as they thought they would get. Nothing ever gets "cut" in the government unfortunately.

Preference of peace to war, somtimes the right is just a little too "gun ho" for my tastes.

I prefer to not be bothered by anyone else in this world and live in peace for the rest of my days. However, if someone threatens you and then follows through in attacking you, you cant sit back and say "our bad." You have to kick their ass and make an example to all those that might try to the same thing.

insein said:
The sheer fact that you can speak your mind and not get banned here, shows the difference between a conservative board and a liberal one like DU.

Yes it does and I think this board is generally superior to DU. That said, I thought the reason i can come here and speak my mind without getting banned was that I can come here and speak my mind reasonably without resorting to unneccesary expletives. In other words because I am just that cool.

:laugh:

Forum List

Back