Libs care so much about minorities & women that only a white male celeb kept his job after apology

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Reza Aslan, Kathy Griffin and Bill Maher: TV takes offense – selectively

The last couple of weeks could serve as a case study for anyone looking into where political correctness, free speech and the priorities of TV networks intersect. It all began with Kathy Griffin posing with a severed head that resembled Donald Trump. The shock comic was berated for the stunt, had several bookings cancelled and was promptly fired from her New Year’s Eve gig at CNN. Then Bill Maher referred to himself as a “house n*****” in some off-the-cuff “banter” on his HBO show. The cable giant called it “inexcusable”, but he kept his job after apologising twice, and partaking in a carefully controlled comeback show on which black guests lined up to tell him how much of an idiot he had been. The CNN host, scholar and writer Reza Aslan was then fired for calling Donald Trump a “piece of shit” on Twitter, while pointing out that the president was opportunistically using the London terror attacks as a way to support his own proposed Muslim ban.

The apologies all followed a similar pattern: contrite-ish and cringeworthy. Griffin’s mea culpa was all about crossing the line of good taste, a habit on which her career is based. “I went way too far. The image is too disturbing. I understand how it offends people. It wasn’t funny. I get it. I’ve made a lot mistakes in my career, I will continue. I ask your forgiveness,” she said. Maher put it down to being caught up in the moment. “I regret the word I used in the banter of a live moment. The word was offensive, and I regret saying it and am very sorry,” he wrote. Aslan’s was all about linguistic miscalculation. “I should have used better language to express my shock and frustration at the president’s lack of decorum and sympathy for the victims of London. I apologize for my choice of words,” he said.

Three instances of offense, three apologies, but only one person kept his job...

Minorities have no reason to support the Democrat party.

Forum List

Back