Liberals' War On Fast Food

I guess you're more used to being cornholed than us folks in flyover country.

This is a BBQ thing right?

Well wages haven't gone up..and meat prices have.

That's due to what?

:lol:
Recently it had something to do with corn feed. Could be new regulations from the FDA but I don't want to spend the time researching it. Gas went up first part of the Summer and jumped a bit when ISIS took those oil fields.

Not a tough question:

The answer is to put more money into people's hands by decreasing taxes.

I'm guessing fast food workers aren't making enough to be affected by that. In other words, they're barely paying taxes as it is, if at all.

Fast food margins are thin as things stand.

Increase wages; increase prices.

Increase prices sufficiently and you're priced out of the market.

Solutions?

Close and lay everyone off - or

Automate

End discussion.

f1add12a7101463ea5d1207818727ce4.ashx
Fast food margins are thin as things stand.

Increase wages; increase prices.

Increase prices sufficiently and you're priced out of the market.

Solutions?

Close and lay everyone off - or

Automate

End discussion.

So, you think someone making $7,500/yr should float a loan of $748.00 to the government?

Should? I'm not talking about "shoulds." I'm simply pointing out that fast food workers are probably not paying taxes, in reality. By the way, they probably not only get the $748.00 back, they also qualify for a ton of assistance.

IMO it is the business of the federal and local government in the interest of the general welfare to regulate known toxins and pollutants and take whatever reasonable measures are necessary to ensure that these are not included in our food in a way that the people have no way to know or protect themselves.

It is not the legitimate business of a government of a free people to dictate to them what they MUST consume or MAY NOT consume in order to be healthy or to manipulate markets on that basis in any way. Tell us what the conventional wisdom is re nutrition and health, but that is all the government should be doing. We must be allowed to be stupid as well as wise or else we have no liberty at all.

The federal government should have no ability whatsoever to regulate any part of McDonald's other than require them to reasonably inform the people of what is in the product they are selling and to make it illegal to knowingly sell food containing harmful contaminants. But it is nobody's business but McDonald's and their customers what the McDonald's menus must be, and it should be nobody's business but McDonald's and their employees what those employees will be paid.

So, you think someone making $7,500/yr should float a loan of $748.00 to the government?

Should? I'm not talking about "shoulds." I'm simply pointing out that fast food workers are probably not paying taxes, in reality. By the way, they probably not only get the $748.00 back, they also qualify for a ton of assistance.

Probably? I'm not talking "probably." I'm simply pointing out that removing income from someone's paycheck that makes $7,500/yr is ridiculous, regardless of whether or not they "probably" get it back.

Probably? I'm not talking "probably." I'm simply pointing out that removing income from someone's paycheck that makes $7,500/yr is ridiculous, regardless of whether or not they "probably" get it back.

Cool. Either way, they get the money.

IMO it is not ridiculous at all. In the early years, Hombre (Mr. Foxfyre) and I often worked a number of sideline jobs to supplement wages from our primary jobs. He has worked weekend inserting the funnies into newspapers, we have had a motor paper route, I have worked as an on-call researcher and legal assistant, etc. etc. etc. None of those sideline jobs would support anybody, but you put it all together with our base salaries and we earned a taxable income. When I did our taxes at the end of the year, I was really happy that many of those sideline employers did withhold taxes so we didn't have to cough up the whole thing at tax time.

Most McDonald employees do not expect to make a living at McDonalds. Most employees are students or senior citizens supplementing social security income or housewives looking to earn a little 'mad money' or they are just working to do a little better than unemployment until they can land a 'real' job.

But everybody needs to pay some taxes and have some skin in the game, and that includes McDonald's employees. To have half the country not paying federal taxes but having the power to vote what the other half will pay is just wrong.

IMO it is not ridiculous at all. In the early years, Hombre (Mr. Foxfyre) and I often worked a number of sideline jobs to supplement wages from our primary jobs. He has worked weekend inserting the funnies into newspapers, we have had a motor paper route, I have worked as an on-call researcher and legal assistant, etc. etc. etc. None of those sideline jobs would support anybody, but you put it all together with our base salaries and we earned a taxable income. When I did our taxes at the end of the year, I was really happy that many of those sideline employers did withhold taxes so we didn't have to cough up the whole thing at tax time.

Most McDonald employees do not expect to make a living at McDonalds. Most employees are students or senior citizens supplementing social security income or housewives looking to earn a little 'mad money' or they are just working to do a little better than unemployment until they can land a 'real' job.

But everybody needs to pay some taxes and have some skin in the game, and that includes McDonald's employees. To have half the country not paying federal taxes but having the power to vote what the other half will pay is just wrong.

Relevant if the income per year we were discussing was more than $7,500.00

I'd actually be happy if they automated fast food joints cause I'd be able to actually have food the way I wanted it without fear of the obnoxious self-important little twits behind the counter spitting in my food (I'm allergic to onions and hate raw tomatoes)

I miss Big Macs...

Always amazes me that people can think, hey let's change this one part of the equation and leave everything else the same. Change one part and other parts will adapt too.

It's nice to see that others see this liberal thought pattern

Let them complain when they have no jobs at all. It only makes sense to forgo human workers. Less chance of orders getting screwed up, an end to robberies.
The technology already exists to pretty much make fast-food outlets operate using robotics.
Watch how many fast food outlets begin replacing $15.00 hour simians with robotics.
The only reason this hasn't happened industry-wide is b/c the franchise owners up till now could pay minimum wage and make about 2-3% net profit.
The only reason so many people wanted to be franchise owners is b/c even though the profit margin is WAY below other profit margins the guaranteed volume in sales make fast food a solid business to be in.
Reduce the low net profit and a franchise owner is better off closing the business and starting an auto parts store. Or moving to robotics.

Sure it does.

And it did as far back as the 1900s.

We called them automats.

Automat - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

How'd they work out?

They worked out very very well! The only reason why the old automats failed is because the cashier machines could not take paper money. The technology wasn't that advanced. Automated fast food is growing in Europe and Japan.

You've been to Europe and Japan, I gather?

When I was there, automats were basically in places that people couldn't set up shop. Like on Subway platforms and train stations.

Otherwise? There are a plethora of food places with real live people working in them.

I guess you're more used to being cornholed than us folks in flyover country.

This is a BBQ thing right?

Well wages haven't gone up..and meat prices have.

That's due to what?

:lol:
Recently it had something to do with corn feed. Could be new regulations from the FDA but I don't want to spend the time researching it. Gas went up first part of the Summer and jumped a bit when ISIS took those oil fields.

The farmers changed the herds from
Herefords to Angus, which cost more and pork has gone up due to the diarrhea virus that is killing off the ham...another is the use of feed grains for ethanol...

Forum List

Back