Liberals, Surely Now It's Time for CAR Control

Discussion in 'Political Satire' started by mikegriffith1, Oct 31, 2017.

1. jon_berzerk

jon_berzerk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,622

indeed

2. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,734
    You prove my point. Cars are far more regulated than guns. Any yahoo can have a gun. There is no control over anything. People aren't vetted, properly trained, and don't even carry liability insurance for the damage they can cause. Guns aren't inspected, and many may be unsafe to use. Of course, if anyone even suggests some of these things, expect a shitstorm of hysteria in return.

3. mikegriffith1

mikegriffith1 Mike Griffith

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,916
    But clearly more car control is needed. Just look at the deaths and injuries caused by cars each year. So obviously we do not regulate cars enough. Indeed, clearly it is time to rethink America's fetish with private car ownership. After all, people don't kill people--cars kill people. If people weren't driving so many cars, there would be far fewer car-related deaths.

4. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,734
    Meh, pretty soon cars will be automated anyway.

5. mikegriffith1

mikegriffith1 Mike Griffith

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,916
    Just yesterday in the Washington, D.C., area, a man deliberately ran over two people with his car. But count on liberals to say that this is just the price we must pay for the freedom to own and drive cars.

As the law stands now, I can walk into a car dealership and buy a car with no criminal background check and no mental health check. As long as I can pay for the car with cash or financing, and can display proof of car insurance, I can drive off with a machine that kills far more people per year than guns kill.

Liberals, why won't you be civilized and humane and starting supporting strict car control laws?