Liberals Seek Health Care Access for Illegals

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Fearful that they're losing ground on immigration and health care, a group of House Democrats is pushing back and arguing that any health care bill should extend to all legal immigrants and allow illegal immigrants some access, The Washington Times reported on Monday.

The Democrats, trying to stiffen their party's spines on the contentious issue, say it's unfair to bar illegal immigrants from paying their own way in a government-sponsored exchange. Legal immigrants, they say, regardless of how long they've been in the United States, should be able to get government-subsidized health care if they meet the other eligibility requirements.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=20

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/27/liberals-seek-health-care-access-illegals/

you disingenuious bastards. Spent all summer calling the tea party goers liars. and extreme.. good for congressman Joe Wilson, he was spot on.

Last edited:
I am personally through believing a goddamn thing a democrat says and I bet I'm not alone either.

illegal immigrants should be allowed to buy and pay for their own health insurance...almost half of them are paying for it now and it would be unjust to us American tax payers to have to pay for these people's health care through the emergency rooms with our taxes reimbursing emergency room care or through higher rates on our own insurance to help cover the cost.

I do not believe we should FUND any illegal's health insurance, but i do believe they should be able to buy it so that WE DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR EXPENSIVE, emergency room care.

At least some of the money they make illegally here, would make it back in to the American economy and we would not be paying for their health care, they would be paying for their own.

and every one of you lying democrats here called us stupid for believing illegals were going to get health insurance. called us extreme and stupid and lying. what a bunch of assholes.

illegal immigrants should be allowed to buy and pay for their own health insurance...almost half of them are paying for it now and it would be unjust to us American tax payers to have to pay for these people's health care through the emergency rooms with our taxes reimbursing emergency room care or through higher rates on our own insurance to help cover the cost.

I do not believe we should FUND any illegal's health insurance, but i do believe they should be able to buy it so that WE DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR EXPENSIVE, emergency room care.

At least some of the money they make illegally here, would make it back in to the American economy and we would not be paying for their health care, they would be paying for their own.

Fearful that they're losing ground on immigration and health care, a group of House Democrats is pushing back and arguing that any health care bill should extend to all legal immigrants and allow illegal immigrants some access, The Washington Times reported on Monday.

and every one of you lying democrats here called us stupid for believing illegals were going to get health insurance. called us extreme and stupid and lying. what a bunch of assholes.

STOP LYING willow, it doesn't become you!

Democrats never ever said that illegals could not BUY their health insurance with their OWN money.

Democrats said that no illegal will get the government to pay for their health insurance.

No tax monies towards the purchase of their health care with affordability credits.

What's next willow...you gonna stop illegals from BUYING FOOD?

sheesh

you want us all to be ID'd in order to buy or sell anything in this country? And you think we are NUTS...you are LOONY....to want us all to have a NUMBER in order to buy or sell in the SUPPOSED FREE MARKET???? you can't do this without doing it to all businesses or it would be unfair to the insurance industry.

gesus mary and joseph, just plain NUTS....you are being a political HACK and not thinking straight imo!

Last edited:
See, i can do it too! sheesh

The Democrats, trying to stiffen their party's spines on the contentious issue, say it's unfair to bar illegal immigrants from paying their own way in a government-sponsored exchange.

Last edited:

Democrats never ever said that illegals could not BUY their health insurance with their OWN money.

Democrats said that no illegal will get the government to pay for their health insurance.

No tax monies towards the purchase of their health care with affordability credits.

sheesh

you want us all to be ID'd in order to buy or sell anything in this country? And you think we are NUTS...you are LOONY....to want us all to have a NUMBER in order to buy or sell in the SUPPOSED FREE MARKET???? you can't do this without doing it to all businesses or it would be unfair to the insurance industry.

gesus mary and joseph, just plain NUTS....you are being a political HACK and not thinking straight imo!

I got dibs on 666 !! :lol:

sheesh

that's not what the article says asshole and you know it. the illegals are going to be included in National Health care if the democrats get theri way,, that is the one and only reason they voted no on every ammendment that would have verified their citizenship,, what a bunch of lying assholes you all are you may as continue lying cause no one is ever gonna believe a word you bastards say anyway. ever again

Last edited:

sheesh

:clap2:

Not to mention that if anyone and everyone can buy health care the price goes down for everyone.

Willow's point is a good one, Barry and his roving clown show have been swearing up and down illeagals are not included in the plan, and threatening 'leagal action' if you say otherwise.

Now we see that was EXACTLY what they were doing.

Barryland supporters, are you seeing this douche for what he is yet?

Obama isn't a house Dem.

Epic fail.

It's probably unconstitutional to bar insurance companies from selling insurance anyway.

Quote: Originally Posted by get_involved
"The Democrats, trying to stiffen their party's spines on the contentious issue, say it's unfair to bar illegal immigrants from paying their own way in a government-sponsored exchange".

NO, it's unfair that other people follow the rules and LEGALLY wait for years to immigrate to the U.S.

Liberals seek health-care access for illegals - Washington Times
The Washington Times is simply Fox News in print. That said, what is the purpose of this thread? Clearly, it is nothing more than a partisan attack with no hint of critical thought or problems solving intent.
It is another example of the poorly educated reacting to current events emotionally and posting an issue (which deserves intelligent debate) without framing it contextually or demonstrating any understanding of the complexity of the issue - socially, historically, economically, culturally or regionally.

Last edited:
Quote: Originally Posted by get_involved
"The Democrats, trying to stiffen their party's spines on the contentious issue, say it's unfair to bar illegal immigrants from paying their own way in a government-sponsored exchange".

NO, it's unfair that other people follow the rules and LEGALLY wait for years to immigrate to the U.S.

Liberals seek health-care access for illegals - Washington Times
The Washington Times is simply Fox News in print. That said, what is the purpose of this thread? Clearly, it is nothing more than a partisan attack with no hint of critical thought or problems solving intent.
It is another example of the poorly educated reacting to current events emotionally and posting an issue (which deserves intelligent debate) without framing it constextually or demonstrating any understanding of the complexity of the issue - socially, historically, economically, culturally or regionally.

No such thing as intelligent debate, no such thing as an intelligent democrat. Here's an idea, treat them in the ER then deport their illegal asses back home.

not to defend illegals but some state's economies depend on illegals, central washington would be screwed now if it wasn't for migrant workers. I don't really want to provide them with health care, if they want to pay for it then so be it but they are here and they are not going to leave maybe we should start treating them like humans. Next time you eat a Washington Apple think about who picked it.

not to defend illegals but some state's economies depend on illegals, central washington would be screwed now if it wasn't for migrant workers. I don't really want to provide them with health care, if they want to pay for it then so be it but they are here and they are not going to leave maybe we should start treating them like humans. Next time you eat a Washington Apple think about who picked it.

so you have zero unemployment for Real Americans in Washington?

ILLEGAL is KEY, I don't wish to pay for ILLEGAL activities. Do YOU?

Ah, someone who posts with context and a regional issue. Those apples, are they grown primarily on family farms, or Big Farma (hey, I may have coined a new phrase)? Are the itinerant workers provided housing by their employer? Paid in cash, or by check with the usual deductions for SS and Medicare and taxes? What happens when one is injured on the job? Does the local economy benefit from their labor and spending, or is their use of local resources (health care, education for their children, etc.) a drain on the local economy (another way to think of this is, does local/state government subsidize local farms/ Big Farma's cost of labor)?

ILLEGAL is KEY, I don't wish to pay for ILLEGAL activities. Do YOU?
we already pay for it here. If they go to the hospital who do you think is paying for it now?
I would rather these people pay for their own health care, recieve some sort of work visa or other visa so next time they don't have use my SSN number to work in this country.
And yes there is real american jobs here but go to central washington, they drive the economy there. Places like Yakima and the Tri Cities would be screwed if the Mexicans just upped and left. They are here and there is nothing that we could do that would be effective in getting rid of them.

Forum List

Back