Liberals: How Did The Airplane Get Invented When There Was No FAA?

As you may know, the first heavier than air, powered flight took place in 1903 yet the FAA wasn't established as an independent agency until 1958!

My question for you Liberals is this: How could such a revolutionary vehicle like that be invented and flown at a time when there was no gov't agency to guide and assist in those efforts?

1. There seem to be only two ironclad rules of government: Rule no.1: Always try to expand;
Rule no. 2: see Rule no. 1. Beck, Balfe, “Broke,” p. 115

2. Senator James L. Buckley spoke at the Heritage Foundation, on his book “Freedom at Risk: Reflections on Politics, Liberty, and the State," and made a similar point:

"Consider, by example, Title 42 of the US Code: Laws dealing with public health and welfare. United States Code: Title 42,TITLE 42—THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE | LII / Legal Information Institute Today, this federal law is 1700 pages more than it was prior to the New Deal. The reason is the creation of more and more bureaus and agencies endowed with ever broader responsibilities and discretion in defining the rules that govern our activities and our lives. And these rules have the full force of law! Congress has increased the number of rules whose infractions are criminalized, waiving the common law requirement that one knows he is breaking the law. Today, one can be jailed for violating a regulation that one had no reason to know even existed!

a. While the officials in these agencies are generally good people, they become focused on their particular portfolio of duties, that, often, they cannot see the consequences on other parts of society. Put this together with human nature, and one can see bullying, and misuse of power, especially when these individuals are immune to penalty, and supported by free and extensive legal representation: they have sovereign immunity in their positions.

b. A remedy would be the ability of citizens to sue the federal government to protect their legitimate interests, for damages. While currently unconstitutional, the Congress can waive sovereign immunity,

c. Such a congressional waiver would not only protect the citizenry, but would go far toward defining the limits of federal authority.

d. While not unconstitutional, regulation may be considered extra-constitutional. There may be some point where it is considered to be an unconstitutional delegation of legislative authority to an agency or bureau. Under Obamacare, or Dodd-Frank Reform we see legislation where regulators have not yet determined what the regulation should be…how can Congress allow a law without knowing what the impact will be?

I know, Doc, that you would like to see where agencies and bureaus actully perform and create...but they mainly restrict and entrap.

As soon as the Wright Brothers had what they thought was a marketable plane they tried to market it to the Government.

:lol::lol::lol:
They also licensed it to be built in Europe. Good thing there was no "Free Trade" restrictions or loopholes to jump through at that time right?
I know, Doc, that you would like to see where agencies and bureaus actually perform and create...but they mainly restrict and entrap.
Couldn't have said it any better myself!

Last edited:
I remember when Ronald Reagan convinced the nation that business should regulate itself because they understand the operational logic, incentives, and competitive requirements of their industry better than government bureaucrats.

Because of Reagan...

For the last 30 years - inside our regulatory apparatus - we have replaced Ph.d's with industry insiders. (Because the OP likely gets all his information from the Rightwing machine, he doesn't know that all regulatory agencies have been captured by big money. He doesn't know that government works for the businesses who fund their elections. Obama, the great anti-Wall Street crusader, not only gets most of his money from Wall Street, but has surrounded himself with men like Timothy Geithner, the archetype Wall Street insider. Democrats are being naive if they think Obama works for anyone besides business)

This is why Alan Greenspan, Richard Rubin, Hank Paulson, and almost every other federal decision maker came straight from Wall Street - because, we were told, business knows best. (This faith in business to watch itself is as simplistic as believing that inventing an airplane and controlling air traffic are the same thing. And it says nothing about the perverse incentives that arise when you have the fox guard the hen house)

The federal business insiders running financial markets for the last decade were urged to take a closer look at what was happening in the derivatives market. They refused to do so because they were too close to the industry players who were making a fortune. They looked the other way despite being warned that a time bomb was about to explode over the global economy. Their failure contributed to one of the greatest financial meltdowns in history. Contrast this with the tight regulations of the postwar years when we had 30+ years of stability in financial markets.

The OP has been lied to by the machine… to the tune of major profits for those who have captured his information system.

God help us. . . because the OP votes, and there is an entire army of people who have swallowed the same kool aid.

Last edited:
The OP has been lied to by the machine… to the tune of major profits for those who have captured his information system.

God help us. . . because the OP votes, and there is an entire army of people who have swallowed the same kool aid.
Not true. Do you not see the "Paul/Kucinich2012" tag next to my Avatar?

Bush was owned by Haliburton
Obama is owned by G.E.

What's the difference again? Oh yeah, just the "D" and "R".

Oh and I support the OWS protesters. Go figger.

The problem is the Liberals believe Gov't is the solution when Gov't (and America itself) has been captured by the Banksters and IS THE PROBLEM!

Go checkout Max Keiser if you want to really know what I think. He's a bit more eloquent than I.

Forum List

Back