Liberals, do you side with Barack Obama or Noam Chomsky?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dr.Drock, Jan 10, 2012.

?

Do you agree with Chomsky or Obama?

1. Obama, assasinating terror suspects is best.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Chomsky, assasinating terror suspects is worse than torturing them.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Chomsky takes Obama to task | Cian Murphy | Law | guardian.co.uk

Chomsky was speaking at the launch of a new academic journal, State Crime, and was referring to the increasingly controversial US tactic of assassination of al-Qaida leaders and associated individuals. For Chomsky, this practice goes far beyond what he called the Bush administration's 'kidnapping' to Guantanamo Bay. The current strategy is, he claimed, developing into a 'massive global assassination campaign'.

2. WatertheTree

WatertheTree Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Bumped for the old man that has spent his life challenging established power.

3. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,750
    I'm afraid I have a hard time getting upset about dead terrorists who hide beyond our ability to bring them to justice in conventional ways. I agree that killing that traitorous shithead was not strictly legal or the way anyone would have preferred but having a guy like that in the cross hairs and just letting them go is not something most people could have done. Chomsky is alright I guess but philosophers bore me to tears, I have my own very pragmatic philosophy, what use do I have for someone else's?

4. WatertheTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Chomsky is -not- a philosopher you fucking nitwit. He is a linguist and a historian, which is far from philosophy.

You poor uneducated fool. Want a good read?
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Power-Indispensable-Chomsky-Noam/dp/1565847032/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326240981&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Understanding Power: The Indispensable Chomsky (9781565847033): Noam Chomsky, John Schoeffel, Peter Mitchell: Books[/ame]

Best 15$ you will ever spend in your life. Keep you from looking like a dummy on political forums.

5. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,750
    The name calling really does not help whatever case you are trying to make, I've read Chomsky, you may not call him a philosopher but his writings damn sure read like philosophical ramblings rather than any kind of real life guide to leading stupid ass humans.

6. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    Doesn't really matter, does it? I mean, check it out ...

That black squatter sleeping in the Lincoln Bedroom did what the impotent little Bush-Baby couldn't - He killed bin Laden and never lost an American life. He did it again in Libya. While the pubs were creaming their jeans over their token black who didn't even know that Libya is a country, our president (that black guy who runs rings around the pubs) teamed up with others on the same side and killed Gaddafi while the orange guy was playing golf. In between times, he has wiped out more Taliban and a quaeda leaders and deported more illegal aliens than any other president, AND, in his spare times, he shoots some mean hoops AND has created and/or saved in excess of THREE MILLION JOBS.

All this while you repubs are giving more money to the 1% and getting all kinds of hard for a truly disgusting fat pig in New Jersey.

I ask this question every few days and, so far, no repub/teadrinker has been able to answer it:

What have the Republicans done?

7. Dreamingwolf

Dreamingwolf Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    well he didnt do anything in lybia, he just didnt screw it up. Europe was the lead there, and the revolutionaries on the ground did all the leg work.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. WatertheTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Your a fucking liar. There is no philosophy in Noam Chomsky's writings at all. He doesnt speculate. He states facts which are documented and backed up.

Fucking moron lying piece of shit

9. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,750
    The natives are getting restless, had to add more foul mouthed name callers to my ignore list in the last couple of days then in all the time before. Goodbye name caller.

10. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    I bet you don't blame bush for authorizing the practice though, do you?