Liberal profs admit they’d discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement

Thee key is "openly conservative" .
I would not hire someone that talked politics during an interview or shuch either. Neither liberal nor conservative.
And openly conservative tipes stir up trouble in a primarially liberal environment such as higher education and the like.

Differing opinions do bother the left....

Good point!!!

What a silly, unfounded statement by you.

I would not hire someone that talked politics during an interview or shuch either. Neither liberal nor conservative.
And openly conservative tipes stir up trouble in a primarially liberal environment such as higher education and the like.

Good point!!!

Waaa...waaa... Conservatives are so funny, they cry so easily. The martyrdom syndrome is all conservatives know, a third of the more liberal profs say that given two equally qualified candidates they'd hire the person more open and similar to themselves. Wow does that surprise anyone but the chickenhawk crybabies of the right. Imagine all the tissues you'd need if you hired the conservative. You wingnuts are too funny.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...es-of-midcans-insights-into-contemporary.html

If there are any characteristics that the right wing exemplifies they are the whining, the sky is falling, and martyrdom syndromes. Someone is always plotting to destroy some past utopia that only they can see. Add the Dunning-Kruger effect and you have the perfect right winger, usually a conservative, often republican, but occasionally a libertarian sort of mortal. They are real beauts, guided by the narrative of taxes are bad and government is even worse, the corporations play them like banjos, and like a banjo they willingly acquiesce
in their own demise.

Last edited:
Waaa...waaa... Conservatives are so funny, they cry so easily. The martyrdom syndrome is all conservatives know, a third of the more liberal profs say that given two equally qualified candidates they hire the person more open and similar to themselves. Wow does that surprise anyone but the the chickenhawk crybabies of the right. Imagine all the tissues you'd need if you hired the conservative. You wingnuts are too funny.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...es-of-midcans-insights-into-contemporary.html

If there are any characteristics that the right wing exemplifies they are the whining, the sky is falling, and martyrdom syndromes. Someone is always plotting to destroy some past utopia that only they can see. Add the Dunning-Kruger effect and you have the perfect right winger, usually a conservative, often republican, but occasionally a libertarian sort of mortal. They are real beauts, guided by the narrative of taxes are bad and government is even worse, the corporations play them like banjos, and like a banjo they willingly acquiesce
in their own demise.

You really like going back to threads were you had your ass handed to you, don't you? Tell me something, do you still think that the man that argued that, if we didn't fight the commies in Vietnam, we would be fighting them in San Francisco, was a liberal?

Good point!!!

I once got hired from temp to perm becuase of my tolerance of a right wing employee always harassing me with right wing stuff.
I asked the manager why he hired me and he told me that if I had not killed Jon yet I could work with anyone.

In case you are not adult enough yet to realize it, the workplace is no place for politics or religion.

Same here squeeze. There are plenty of Republicans in my school but we don't advertise esp. since Christie's war on the NJEA.

But how many times on this board have libs tried to argue that colleges are not all left leaning and that diversity of opinion was welcomed? It's all bullshit.

The more they try to argue how tolerant they are, the more they expose their bigotry.

Well, when you try to parade Creationism as science, you're kinda going beyond "diversity of opinion."

Why do you always resort to straw men?

Actually, I usually don't. But around here they seem so popular, I wanted to give it a try. I have to admit, it has pleasant oaky notes, but was disappointingly immature with distinct elements of green pepper and markedly astringent.

Why wasn't the thread title,

By almost 2 to 1, liberal professors said they would not discriminate against a conservative job applicant over a liberal, when the two were equally qualified for the job.

Eh? Doesn't sound quite as interesting when you describe the situation accurately does it?

When you clean the rightwing garbage out of it...

Who knows? "Nutty professors" would have said the same thing. :lmao:

Sorry, Big Bang Buttercups, there have been a lot of different theories from the Scientific community on how the earth formed without God. How many? No telling. Big Bang did away with "the Universe is infinity" (never ending) Some of the Big Bangers say that there is a limit to the end of the universe, which coincides with where particles flew from a huge center, and it gets a little bigger every year (not infinity). In Men in Black, some universes were tiny and precious, and could fit on a cat necklace, but it was important or someone across the heavens would get mad and blow up planet earth if anything happened to the cat's necklace universe. lol

The word "God" comes from the same root for the word "good." In the Bible God (good) created the universe, and it's been that way since men could write down the story. It's outlasted the 40 or 50 year Big Bang theory and hundreds of other notions.

Who's to say that the Big Bang theory won't be a pile of paper rubble when the next hot idea comes out in the next few years?

But the story of God (good) creating the universe will always be here, because some of us will never throw out the baby with the bath water.

Why wasn't the thread title,

By almost 2 to 1, liberal professors said they would not discriminate against a conservative job applicant over a liberal, when the two were equally qualified for the job.

Eh? Doesn't sound quite as interesting when you describe the situation accurately does it?

When you clean the rightwing garbage out of it...

We have over a third that openly admit to discriminating, and a clear knowledge that everyone lies to make themselves look good, and you want me to actually believe that, just because a significant percentage says they wouldn't discriminate, they are telling the truth? How do you explain rdean's favorite statistic if that claim is true? Do you honestly think that conservatives routinely avoid academic fields?

So the premise of the survey is dependent on your theory that the liberals who said they wouldn't discriminate are lying?

good one. You never fail to deliver.

The hypothetical of 2 equally qualified candidates to choose from eliminates discrimination from the equation no matter which candidate you pick.

I think they should go to Bob Jones university, or Liberty U, or the like, and ask the same question.

The Supreme Court disagrees with you, as usual.

Really? Which case is that? Which case determined that if 2 candidates are equally qualified, the employer has to hire the conservative?

Cite that please.

There isn't a conservative here who if in a hiring decision were faced with 2 equally qualified candidates, one known to be liberal and one known to be conservative, would choose the liberal.

Unless perhaps, if she had nicer tits.

Why would I know which one is which? My experience in hiring people is that "equally qualified" never actually happens. One person always has a better interview, even if the resumes are almost identical.

Because that is the question they concocted as part of this survey.

One question, according to the researchers, “asked whether, in choosing between two equally qualified job candidates for one job opening, they would be inclined to vote for the more liberal candidate (i.e., over the conservative).”

So, maybe like me, for once, you are figuring out how bogus this whole deal is.

Waaa...waaa... Conservatives are so funny, they cry so easily. The martyrdom syndrome is all conservatives know, a third of the more liberal profs say that given two equally qualified candidates they hire the person more open and similar to themselves. Wow does that surprise anyone but the the chickenhawk crybabies of the right. Imagine all the tissues you'd need if you hired the conservative. You wingnuts are too funny.

in their own demise.

You really like going back to threads were you had your ass handed to you, don't you? Tell me something, do you still think that the man that argued that, if we didn't fight the commies in Vietnam, we would be fighting them in San Francisco, was a liberal?

What do you think? Was JFK or LBJ liberals?

They were both conservative cold war warriors who were liberal (Johnson more so) on social issues.

in their own demise.

What do you think? Was JFK or LBJ liberals?

It’s not every day that left-leaning academics admit that they would discriminate against a minority.

But that was what they did in a peer-reviewed study of political diversity in the field of social psychology, which will be published in the September edition of the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science.

Psychologists Yoel Inbar and Joris Lammers, based at Tilburg University in the Netherlands, surveyed a roughly representative sample of academics and scholars in social psychology and found that “In decisions ranging from paper reviews to hiring, many social and personality psychologists admit that they would discriminate against openly conservative colleagues.”

A 2007 report by sociologists Neil Gross and Solon Simmons found that 80 percent of psychology professors at elite and non-elite universities are Democrats. Other studies reveal that 5 percent to 7 percent of faculty openly identify as Republicans. By contrast, about 20 percent of the general population are liberal and 40 percent are conservative.

Survey shocker: Liberal profs admit they'd discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement - Washington Times

Not surprising at all, but I'm glad it's finally in the open. The Kool Aid drinkers admit they are drinking Hatorade.

well, if rev moon says it...

If you're applying for a job as a professor of sociology or political science, your politics are well known. You have to publish, and your ideology is going to be imbued in everything you write.

Sorry, Big Bang Buttercups, there have been a lot of different theories from the Scientific community on how the earth formed without God. How many? No telling. Big Bang did away with "the Universe is infinity" (never ending) Some of the Big Bangers say that there is a limit to the end of the universe, which coincides with where particles flew from a huge center, and it gets a little bigger every year (not infinity). In Men in Black, some universes were tiny and precious, and could fit on a cat necklace, but it was important or someone across the heavens would get mad and blow up planet earth if anything happened to the cat's necklace universe. lol

The word "God" comes from the same root for the word "good." In the Bible God (good) created the universe, and it's been that way since men could write down the story. It's outlasted the 40 or 50 year Big Bang theory and hundreds of other notions.

Who's to say that the Big Bang theory won't be a pile of paper rubble when the next hot idea comes out in the next few years?

But the story of God (good) creating the universe will always be here, because some of us will never throw out the baby with the bath water.

My aunt sent me this picture, I thought you would get some enjoyment from it.

full-auto-albums-the-dnc-heart-beat-picture4713-421061-339808116040771-100000347561275-1120619-256754970-n.jpg

It’s not every day that left-leaning academics admit that they would discriminate against a minority.

But that was what they did in a peer-reviewed study of political diversity in the field of social psychology, which will be published in the September edition of the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science.

Psychologists Yoel Inbar and Joris Lammers, based at Tilburg University in the Netherlands, surveyed a roughly representative sample of academics and scholars in social psychology and found that “In decisions ranging from paper reviews to hiring, many social and personality psychologists admit that they would discriminate against openly conservative colleagues.”

A 2007 report by sociologists Neil Gross and Solon Simmons found that 80 percent of psychology professors at elite and non-elite universities are Democrats. Other studies reveal that 5 percent to 7 percent of faculty openly identify as Republicans. By contrast, about 20 percent of the general population are liberal and 40 percent are conservative.

Survey shocker: Liberal profs admit they'd discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement - Washington Times

Not surprising at all, but I'm glad it's finally in the open. The Kool Aid drinkers admit they are drinking Hatorade.

I am sure the conservatives would discriminate against the liberals if the numbers were reversed.

It isn't right, but if its not illegal, why worry?

Good point!!!

I once got hired from temp to perm becuase of my tolerance of a right wing employee always harassing me with right wing stuff.
I asked the manager why he hired me and he told me that if I had not killed Jon yet I could work with anyone.

In case you are not adult enough yet to realize it, the workplace is no place for politics or religion.

You think politics aren't discussed in academia? God are you ever a dolt. There couldn't be a more political job than to be professor of sociology, history or political science.

Forum List

Back