Liberal Press Boosts the Terrorists

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Adam's Apple, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Al Qaeda Loves Our Unpatriotic Media
    By Cliff Kincaid for www.aim.org
    August 18, 2005

Our media will rally around a reporter who goes to jail to protect her sources. But when the Pentagon tries to keep potential propaganda material from falling into the hands of the enemy, the media are in court with the ACLU against the Pentagon.

The Washington Post has pulled out of a Pentagon-sponsored Freedom Walk to commemorate 9/11 and support our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan because it was deemed too political.

Meanwhile, the New York Times, CBS, and other news organizations have joined with the ACLU in demanding that the Pentagon release more sensational photos and videos of Iraqi prisoner abuse. The inevitable result of such disclosure, according to General Richard B. Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is that Islamic terrorists will exploit the material and kill Americans. Do our media care?

Our media will rally around a reporter who goes to jail to protect her sources. But when the Pentagon tries to keep potential propaganda material from falling into the hands of the enemy, the media are in court with the ACLU against the Pentagon.

The American people have to wise up to the media's tricks. We are involved in a propaganda war that may be more important than what happens on the battlefield. Newsweek's false "Koran in the toilet" story was only one example of how we are losing the media war. It caused violent protests across the Middle East and 17 deaths. The new prisoner abuse images, obtained by an Army soldier who helped uncover the scandal, is not "false" in the Newsweek sense. But it will be exploited to give a false or warped perception of what U.S. military personnel are doing in Iraq. As Myers says in a court document, "It is probable that Al-Qaeda and other groups will seize upon these images and videos as grist for their propaganda mill which will result in, besides violent attacks, increased terrorist recruitment, continued financial support, and exacerbation of tensions between the Iraqi and Afghani populaces and U.S. and Coalition forces."

Actually, it won't just be Al Qaeda. Our own media will endlessly exploit the photographs. The story will be so big that cable-television news might temporarily drop the Natalee Holloway story. Our media seem to operate by the standard of using and exploiting anything that will undermine the war and President Bush. Lately, this has been Cindy Sheehan, the poor brainwashed mother of a dead soldier. But more Abu Ghraib photos would be too good to ignore, at least for most of our media.

for full article: http://www.aim.org/aim_column/3951_0_3_0_C/

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree totally. THE TRUTH SHOULD ALWAYS BE HIDDEN FROM THE PUBLIC.

3. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    THE TRUTH SHOULD ALWAYS BE HIDDEN FROM THE PUBLIC. Is that a directive from the libs' handbook? There is plenty of evidence available that the truth is very much different than is being reported by the liberal reporters in the MSM.

4. Allanon68

Allanon68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And there is PLENTY of evidence that would indicate that its going much worse than the republicans would have you believe as well.. That much is a fact. Just my opinion, I say that cause I dont feel like scouring the web and posting links.

5. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    So you base your opinion on nothing but sheer wishful thinking? We know.

6. Allanon68

Allanon68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess you could say that from my earlier post. But you cannot deny that there is substantial evidence to indicate that the war in IRAQ is much worse than we hear in the news. Especially in the beginning when everyone was in a "Patriotic" sort of mood. I will also say that there is evidence that might support the other side. Just depends on what YOU choose to believe. I choose to believe that being in IRAQ is doing NOTHING to benefit America. Absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact the money spent there would be much much better off here. Especially now. Boy I feel so much safer now that Bush has half the military over in Iraq. Boy that makes me feel safe. I mean all the terrorists must be in IRAQ right ? Oh wait, the grand plan, First IRAQ , then IRAN, then the rest of the middle east. BWWAHAHAHAHAHA..

/ Saracasm.

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Actually the war in Iraq is much BETTER than we hear in the news.

You anti americans want the terrorists to win. You're sickening.

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Forum Troll Form. Please check all that apply.

Dear Troll Candidate,

Thank you for your troll. Your troll has been evaluated by our panel of experts. Here are the results of our tests.

We found that your troll was...
    [ ] Incomprehensible
    [ ] Offensive
    [x] Just plain stupid
    [x] Without merit
    [x] Grammatically incorrect
    [x] Laced with spelling and punctuation errors
    [x] Laden with circular reasoning
    [x] Laced with misunderstandings of basic scientific principles
    [x] Somewhat too revealing of your minimal mental abilities
    [x] Too similar to other trolls submitted by candidates in the past.

You could improve your troll considerably by...
    [x] Including a few actual facts.
    [x] Taking remedial English lessons
    [x] Mentioning NPR more.
    [ ] Mentioning Memory Sticks more.
    [x] Mentioning that you are a professional.
    [x] Stating more falsehoods as facts than you already have.
    [x] Swearing more.
    [x] Including more colorful personal insults.
    [x] Using the phrases "you people" or "those people" more.
    [x] Modifying your insults to cover larger groups of people at once.
    [x] Ranting incoherently.
    [ ] Using religious or racial slurs.
    [x] Using the words "junk", "crap", "garbage", "quagmire", "flimsy" and "Professional" more frequently.
    [x] Using childish taunts.
    [ ] Including fake laughter such as "ha ha ha" or "har de har de har".
    [ ] Focusing on just one outrageous topic will give your troll more punch.
    [x] Ignoring any facts, and using more absolutes in your troll.
    [x] Using all capital letters.
    [x] Focusing more on those areas in which "your" opinion is better than "their" opinion.
    [x] Exaggerate more, you need not be limited by facts. Examples: Say that you only used a camera for 10 seconds. Say that it was garbage. Say that the viewfinder was invisible. Say that the grip was unholdable. Say that the shutter was unpressable. Say that the colors were all wrong. Say that you could tell it was garbage by just looking at it. Say that the controls are all in the wrong places. Say that the camera color is wrong. Say that it is too heavy or light or too much or too little plastic or say that it was made by Sanyo or even elves; it dosen't matter what you say. Just say anything that pops into your head, you can do it. Think stream of consciousness.

Please get a...
    [x] life
    [x] grip
    [x] job
    [x] clue
    [x] book on basic politics
    [x] note from your mom

You should...
    [x] Have someone who can read review your postings.
    [x] Save your postings out and think later if you really want to send them.
    [x] Take your meds.
    [ ] Not have "one for the road" next time.
    [x] Stay in school.
    [x] Go think whatever you want, we don't care.
    [ ] Think about other people's feelings before you post.
    [x] Get your ego boost some other way.
    [ ] Realize that by trolling a group you hurt everyone, not just the people you are mad at.
    [x] Go away so we can talk about politicss.
    [ ] Put up a web site with your great opinions on it to show the world.
    [ ] Take down your web site, your photos are horrible.

Suggested other activities besides trolling.
    [x] Posting something constructive.
    [x] Doing actual thinking.
    [x] Helping someone else.
    [x] Spending some time with your family instead of your computer.
    [ ] Working off that big pot belly.
    [x] Get your ego boost instead by helping out at a local hospital.
    [ ] Consider another hobby that does not require contact with other humans such as wood burning, breeding flowers, painting or mortuary science.

Thanks for your submission.

You have [x] passed [ ] passed with honors [ ] failed.

Just FYI, this is officially replacing :trolls: in all my posts.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

pretty cool form ya got there Hobbit---I'm gonna be pretty damn curious to see if terrorist attacks diminish since the MSM and press is spending all their time covering Katrina and the Supreme Court. Could it be that they chill out a little if they aren't gonna hit the headlines?? Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

10. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Once again. There appears this disconnect between what is plainly written and what you liberals say is there. The input is there for all to see, in black and white, nowhere in the article did the author agrue that the truth should always be hidden. Yet that is what you claim to see. Your output makes no sense; if you were a machine you would need some serious maintenance.

Either you liberals are just plain full of crap with regards to the facts, or something in your brain with regards to reading skill is malfunctioning. I would suggest either medication of some sort, or a serious introspection. Has it occured to you that if you have to BS things to suport your worldview, said worldview is probably incorrect? I suggest reading "Radical Son" by David Horowitz.

As for you, Allanon, I have no idea what WOULD make you people feel safer. How about you just convert to Islam and pledge yourself to the global jihad? Total submission and rolling over seems to be the only way your type knows how to "defend" themselves.

But whatever. Defending America is never in the interests of liberals, because you think we don't deserve to win. Your snide remarks toward patriotism, even your blatant endorsement of the enemies that want to destroy this country would have, a few years ago, caused me great shock. But now I have come to the realization that leftists are not just people who have a different idea of how America should be defended, but you don't even really want it defended.