Liberal Press Boosts the Terrorists

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Al Qaeda Loves Our Unpatriotic Media
By Cliff Kincaid for www.aim.org
August 18, 2005

Our media will rally around a reporter who goes to jail to protect her sources. But when the Pentagon tries to keep potential propaganda material from falling into the hands of the enemy, the media are in court with the ACLU against the Pentagon.

The Washington Post has pulled out of a Pentagon-sponsored Freedom Walk to commemorate 9/11 and support our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan because it was deemed too political.

Meanwhile, the New York Times, CBS, and other news organizations have joined with the ACLU in demanding that the Pentagon release more sensational photos and videos of Iraqi prisoner abuse. The inevitable result of such disclosure, according to General Richard B. Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is that Islamic terrorists will exploit the material and kill Americans. Do our media care?

Our media will rally around a reporter who goes to jail to protect her sources. But when the Pentagon tries to keep potential propaganda material from falling into the hands of the enemy, the media are in court with the ACLU against the Pentagon.

The American people have to wise up to the media's tricks. We are involved in a propaganda war that may be more important than what happens on the battlefield. Newsweek's false "Koran in the toilet" story was only one example of how we are losing the media war. It caused violent protests across the Middle East and 17 deaths. The new prisoner abuse images, obtained by an Army soldier who helped uncover the scandal, is not "false" in the Newsweek sense. But it will be exploited to give a false or warped perception of what U.S. military personnel are doing in Iraq. As Myers says in a court document, "It is probable that Al-Qaeda and other groups will seize upon these images and videos as grist for their propaganda mill which will result in, besides violent attacks, increased terrorist recruitment, continued financial support, and exacerbation of tensions between the Iraqi and Afghani populaces and U.S. and Coalition forces."

Actually, it won't just be Al Qaeda. Our own media will endlessly exploit the photographs. The story will be so big that cable-television news might temporarily drop the Natalee Holloway story. Our media seem to operate by the standard of using and exploiting anything that will undermine the war and President Bush. Lately, this has been Cindy Sheehan, the poor brainwashed mother of a dead soldier. But more Abu Ghraib photos would be too good to ignore, at least for most of our media.

for full article: http://www.aim.org/aim_column/3951_0_3_0_C/

THE TRUTH SHOULD ALWAYS BE HIDDEN FROM THE PUBLIC. Is that a directive from the libs' handbook? There is plenty of evidence available that the truth is very much different than is being reported by the liberal reporters in the MSM.

And there is PLENTY of evidence that would indicate that its going much worse than the republicans would have you believe as well.. That much is a fact. Just my opinion, I say that cause I dont feel like scouring the web and posting links.

Allanon68 said:
And there is PLENTY of evidence that would indicate that its going much worse than the republicans would have you believe as well.. That much is a fact. Just my opinion, I say that cause I dont feel like scouring the web and posting links.

So you base your opinion on nothing but sheer wishful thinking? We know.

I guess you could say that from my earlier post. But you cannot deny that there is substantial evidence to indicate that the war in IRAQ is much worse than we hear in the news. Especially in the beginning when everyone was in a "Patriotic" sort of mood. I will also say that there is evidence that might support the other side. Just depends on what YOU choose to believe. I choose to believe that being in IRAQ is doing NOTHING to benefit America. Absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact the money spent there would be much much better off here. Especially now. Boy I feel so much safer now that Bush has half the military over in Iraq. Boy that makes me feel safe. I mean all the terrorists must be in IRAQ right ? Oh wait, the grand plan, First IRAQ , then IRAN, then the rest of the middle east. BWWAHAHAHAHAHA..

/ Saracasm.

Allanon68 said:
I guess you could say that from my earlier post. But you cannot deny that there is substantial evidence to indicate that the war in IRAQ is much worse than we hear in the news. Especially in the beginning when everyone was in a "Patriotic" sort of mood. I will also say that there is evidence that might support the other side. Just depends on what YOU choose to believe. I choose to believe that being in IRAQ is doing NOTHING to benefit America. Absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact the money spent there would be much much better off here. Especially now. Boy I feel so much safer now that Bush has half the military over in Iraq. Boy that makes me feel safe. I mean all the terrorists must be in IRAQ right ? Oh wait, the grand plan, First IRAQ , then IRAN, then the rest of the middle east. BWWAHAHAHAHAHA..

/ Saracasm.

Actually the war in Iraq is much BETTER than we hear in the news.

You anti americans want the terrorists to win. You're sickening.

Allanon68 said:

/ Saracasm.

Forum Troll Form. Please check all that apply.

Dear Troll Candidate,

Thank you for your troll. Your troll has been evaluated by our panel of experts. Here are the results of our tests.

We found that your troll was...
[ ] Incomprehensible
[ ] Offensive
[x] Just plain stupid
[x] Without merit
[x] Grammatically incorrect
[x] Laced with spelling and punctuation errors
[x] Laden with circular reasoning
[x] Laced with misunderstandings of basic scientific principles
[x] Somewhat too revealing of your minimal mental abilities
[x] Too similar to other trolls submitted by candidates in the past.

You could improve your troll considerably by...
[x] Including a few actual facts.
[x] Taking remedial English lessons
[x] Mentioning NPR more.
[ ] Mentioning Memory Sticks more.
[x] Mentioning that you are a professional.
[x] Stating more falsehoods as facts than you already have.
[x] Swearing more.
[x] Including more colorful personal insults.
[x] Using the phrases "you people" or "those people" more.
[x] Modifying your insults to cover larger groups of people at once.
[x] Ranting incoherently.
[ ] Using religious or racial slurs.
[x] Using the words "junk", "crap", "garbage", "quagmire", "flimsy" and "Professional" more frequently.
[x] Using childish taunts.
[ ] Including fake laughter such as "ha ha ha" or "har de har de har".
[ ] Focusing on just one outrageous topic will give your troll more punch.
[x] Ignoring any facts, and using more absolutes in your troll.
[x] Using all capital letters.
[x] Focusing more on those areas in which "your" opinion is better than "their" opinion.
[x] Exaggerate more, you need not be limited by facts. Examples: Say that you only used a camera for 10 seconds. Say that it was garbage. Say that the viewfinder was invisible. Say that the grip was unholdable. Say that the shutter was unpressable. Say that the colors were all wrong. Say that you could tell it was garbage by just looking at it. Say that the controls are all in the wrong places. Say that the camera color is wrong. Say that it is too heavy or light or too much or too little plastic or say that it was made by Sanyo or even elves; it dosen't matter what you say. Just say anything that pops into your head, you can do it. Think stream of consciousness.

Please get a...
[x] life
[x] grip
[x] job
[x] clue
[x] book on basic politics
[x] note from your mom

You should...
[x] Have someone who can read review your postings.
[x] Save your postings out and think later if you really want to send them.
[x] Take your meds.
[ ] Not have "one for the road" next time.
[x] Stay in school.
[x] Go think whatever you want, we don't care.
[ ] Think about other people's feelings before you post.
[x] Get your ego boost some other way.
[ ] Realize that by trolling a group you hurt everyone, not just the people you are mad at.
[x] Go away so we can talk about politicss.
[ ] Put up a web site with your great opinions on it to show the world.
[ ] Take down your web site, your photos are horrible.

Suggested other activities besides trolling.
[x] Posting something constructive.
[x] Doing actual thinking.
[x] Helping someone else.
[x] Spending some time with your family instead of your computer.
[ ] Working off that big pot belly.
[x] Get your ego boost instead by helping out at a local hospital.
[ ] Consider another hobby that does not require contact with other humans such as wood burning, breeding flowers, painting or mortuary science.

Thanks for your submission.

You have [x] passed [ ] passed with honors [ ] failed.

Just FYI, this is officially replacing :trolls: in all my posts.

Hobbit said:
Forum Troll Form. Please check all that apply.

Dear Troll Candidate,

Thank you for your troll. Your troll has been evaluated by our panel of experts. Here are the results of our tests.

We found that your troll was...
[ ] Incomprehensible
[ ] Offensive
[x] Just plain stupid
[x] Without merit
[x] Grammatically incorrect
[x] Laced with spelling and punctuation errors
[x] Laden with circular reasoning
[x] Laced with misunderstandings of basic scientific principles
[x] Somewhat too revealing of your minimal mental abilities
[x] Too similar to other trolls submitted by candidates in the past.

You could improve your troll considerably by...
[x] Including a few actual facts.
[x] Taking remedial English lessons
[x] Mentioning NPR more.
[ ] Mentioning Memory Sticks more.
[x] Mentioning that you are a professional.
[x] Stating more falsehoods as facts than you already have.
[x] Swearing more.
[x] Including more colorful personal insults.
[x] Using the phrases "you people" or "those people" more.
[x] Modifying your insults to cover larger groups of people at once.
[x] Ranting incoherently.
[ ] Using religious or racial slurs.
[x] Using the words "junk", "crap", "garbage", "quagmire", "flimsy" and "Professional" more frequently.
[x] Using childish taunts.
[ ] Including fake laughter such as "ha ha ha" or "har de har de har".
[ ] Focusing on just one outrageous topic will give your troll more punch.
[x] Ignoring any facts, and using more absolutes in your troll.
[x] Using all capital letters.
[x] Focusing more on those areas in which "your" opinion is better than "their" opinion.
[x] Exaggerate more, you need not be limited by facts. Examples: Say that you only used a camera for 10 seconds. Say that it was garbage. Say that the viewfinder was invisible. Say that the grip was unholdable. Say that the shutter was unpressable. Say that the colors were all wrong. Say that you could tell it was garbage by just looking at it. Say that the controls are all in the wrong places. Say that the camera color is wrong. Say that it is too heavy or light or too much or too little plastic or say that it was made by Sanyo or even elves; it dosen't matter what you say. Just say anything that pops into your head, you can do it. Think stream of consciousness.

Please get a...
[x] life
[x] grip
[x] job
[x] clue
[x] book on basic politics
[x] note from your mom

You should...
[x] Have someone who can read review your postings.
[x] Save your postings out and think later if you really want to send them.
[x] Take your meds.
[ ] Not have "one for the road" next time.
[x] Stay in school.
[x] Go think whatever you want, we don't care.
[ ] Think about other people's feelings before you post.
[x] Get your ego boost some other way.
[ ] Realize that by trolling a group you hurt everyone, not just the people you are mad at.
[x] Go away so we can talk about politicss.
[ ] Put up a web site with your great opinions on it to show the world.
[ ] Take down your web site, your photos are horrible.

Suggested other activities besides trolling.
[x] Posting something constructive.
[x] Doing actual thinking.
[x] Helping someone else.
[x] Spending some time with your family instead of your computer.
[ ] Working off that big pot belly.
[x] Get your ego boost instead by helping out at a local hospital.
[ ] Consider another hobby that does not require contact with other humans such as wood burning, breeding flowers, painting or mortuary science.

Thanks for your submission.

You have [x] passed [ ] passed with honors [ ] failed.

Just FYI, this is officially replacing :trolls: in all my posts.

pretty cool form ya got there Hobbit---I'm gonna be pretty damn curious to see if terrorist attacks diminish since the MSM and press is spending all their time covering Katrina and the Supreme Court. Could it be that they chill out a little if they aren't gonna hit the headlines?? Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Minuteman said:
I agree totally. THE TRUTH SHOULD ALWAYS BE HIDDEN FROM THE PUBLIC.

Once again. There appears this disconnect between what is plainly written and what you liberals say is there. The input is there for all to see, in black and white, nowhere in the article did the author agrue that the truth should always be hidden. Yet that is what you claim to see. Your output makes no sense; if you were a machine you would need some serious maintenance.

Either you liberals are just plain full of crap with regards to the facts, or something in your brain with regards to reading skill is malfunctioning. I would suggest either medication of some sort, or a serious introspection. Has it occured to you that if you have to BS things to suport your worldview, said worldview is probably incorrect? I suggest reading "Radical Son" by David Horowitz.

As for you, Allanon, I have no idea what WOULD make you people feel safer. How about you just convert to Islam and pledge yourself to the global jihad? Total submission and rolling over seems to be the only way your type knows how to "defend" themselves.

But whatever. Defending America is never in the interests of liberals, because you think we don't deserve to win. Your snide remarks toward patriotism, even your blatant endorsement of the enemies that want to destroy this country would have, a few years ago, caused me great shock. But now I have come to the realization that leftists are not just people who have a different idea of how America should be defended, but you don't even really want it defended.

the best thing for the US is to break the partisanship
that distorts the reality.

Maybe its just me but it seems both sides became so paranoid
they can't handle the truth.

Here a little example of liberal bias I could pull
some conservative bias too, what happened to reporting the
news

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucjl/200509...BT9wxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

LOOKING THE OTHER WAY By John Leo
Sun Sep 4, 8:10 PM ET

On Aug. 6, as her 15 minutes of fame was just beginning, Cindy Sheehan used an odd term in a TV interview with Mark Knoller of CBS. She referred to the foreign insurgents and terrorists in Iraq as "freedom fighters." Knoller cut those words out of his report, he told me, because he "really wasn't interested."

He should have left them in. In fact, alarm bells should have rung in his brain. First of all, it's startling that an anti-war mother would talk that way about people who blow up children and who may have killed her own son. Second, "freedom fighters" in this context is the telltale lingo of the hard, anti-American left. When the grieving mother starts talking that way, it's news.

Knoller recalls that other reporters on the scene were watching his interview that day in Texas, but apparently they weren't any more interested in Sheehan's little linguistic adventure than he was. Apparently none bothered to report it. The "freedom fighter" remark reached the public only because an anti-war group, Veterans for Peace, filmed the CBS interview. It was picked up by an anti-Cindy Sheehan Web site, sweetness-light.com, where bloggers and conservative commentators noticed and circulated it.

Sheehan, before and after her arrival in Texas, said a great many colorful things that failed to interest mainstream reporters. Some of her acid comments registered with the public mostly because of George Will's powerful column of Aug. 25 and his similar comments on the Sunday ABC-TV news show "This Week." A few made it on to cable news. Others simply failed to make it into the mainstream media.

It's worth reviewing what she said: The neocons deliberately allowed the terrorist attacks of 9/11. American soldiers are "being sent to kill innocent people" in Iraq. Her son, Casey Sheehan, "died for oil" and was "murdered" by President Bush. The United States is "not worth dying for." The president, who "stole the election," is part of the "Bush crime family," a "lying bastard," a "fuhrer," a "filth spewer," "the biggest terrorist in the world," and an "evil maniac" who is guilty of "blatant genocide."

Sheehan also compared Lynne Stewart, the radical lawyer convicted of aiding terrorists, to Atticus Finch, the heroic lawyer who battled racism in the book and movie "To Kill a Mockingbird." She has been accused of making vaguely anti-Semitic remarks, but she attributes those remarks to her political opponents. On "Hardball," she said the American attack in Afghanistan was "almost the same thing" (i.e., just as evil) as the invasion of Iraq.

The mainstream media's lack of interest in these little verbal grenades is astonishing. According to a computer search, not one of them made it into news coverage by The New York Times. The Times has a public editor, or ombudsman, who might want to ask why. One explanation for the news failure is that the media wedded themselves early to a simple narrative line: The president, holed up on his ranch, refuses to meet with and comfort a grief-stricken mother. This narrative became frozen in cement when columnists of the left began talking about the "moral authority" of a parent who loses a son in war.

This story line -- moral mom vs. stone-hearted president -- didn't allow much room to note Sheehan's great contempt for America. There is also the vituperation she has been showering on Bush for years. She campaigned against him in 2004, vigorously promoting his impeachment, not seeking a meaningful heart-to-heart chat with the "evil maniac." Nor did reporters point out that Bush would set himself up for more abuse if he sat down with Sheehan, probably in the meeting and surely in the press conference afterward.

By sticking to the anguished-mother story line and declining to publish her outlandish verbal abuse, mainstream reporters protected the public from an inference that would otherwise have been obvious: that Sheehan had either gone around the bend psychologically or, more likely, had simply thrown in her lot with the extreme America-hating left. Whenever the mainstream media inched toward actual information about what Sheehan was up to, they employed the familiar "conservatives are claiming" construction, not directly reporting Sheehan's odd comments and extreme politics.

On the whole, the mainstream media depicted Cindy Sheehan as a moral figure without blemish. Maybe reporters and editors felt paralyzed by the "absolute moral authority" rhetoric or justified by polls showing declining support for the war. Some reporters, of course, detest Bush and oppose the war. For whatever reason, they weren't able to break from the original soft narrative line about a mother's grief and tell us what was really going on.

"But whatever. Defending America is never in the interests of liberals, because you think we don't deserve to win. Your snide remarks toward patriotism, even your blatant endorsement of the enemies that want to destroy this country would have, a few years ago, caused me great shock. But now I have come to the realization that leftists are not just people who have a different idea of how America should be defended, but you don't even really want it defended."

And defending America's honor is no longer a republican priority. LIE/HIDE/CONCEAL is now normal. TO HELL WITH HONOR AND INTEGRITY. AMERICA DOESN'T NEED IT.

I guess these men could also be considered UNPATRIOTIC. LOL!!!!

"We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts -- not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution."
- Abraham Lincoln

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
- Theodore Roosevelt

"Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."
- Abraham Lincoln

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing. "
- Thomas Jefferson

"freedom fighters"

What I would usually call people who are defending thier nation from a FOREIGN INVADER/OCCUPIER.

Allanon68 said:
I mean all the terrorists must be in IRAQ right ?
/ Saracasm.

It's odd that you make that statement. Just recently I read a commentary that said that's exactly what has happened. The majority of the world's terrorists have congregated in Iraq to fight the enemies of their declared jihad. If Bush hadn't declared war on the terrorists, no telling how many of their hideous plans for America would have been realized by now. And we all know from the materials recovered from captured terrorists (Zawqari's computer among other things) that they had many plans for the destruction of America. Their mantra had become "The Saturday crowd (Jews) first, the Sunday crowd (Christians) afterwards." So when you say that being in Iraq has done nothing to benefit America, I would beg to differ.

Minuteman said:
"freedom fighters"

What I would usually call people who are defending thier nation from a FOREIGN INVADER/OCCUPIER.

Was there freedom in Iraq under Saddam? Go ask some of the people who voted in their election and proudly displayed their purple fingers.

rtwngAvngr said:
Actually the war in Iraq is much BETTER than we hear in the news.

You anti americans want the terrorists to win. You're sickening.

Could you please back up your comments calling me Anti American ? Just because I disagree with Bush and the war does not make one Anti American. It makes me a free thinker and not a damn blind loyalist like you are !! You would have made a great Nazi you know that ? Hitler would have loved you cause you would follow without question. You would basically be a robot. Should I start calling you Bender ? MEEP MEEP.. I AM RTWngAVngR...What would you have me do sir...MEEP MEEP.. lol

Adam's Apple said:
Was there freedom in Iraq under Saddam? Go ask some of the people who voted in their election and proudly displayed their purple fingers.[/QUOTE

I fail to see how IRAQI's voting in a fixed election makes America a safer place to live.

Allanon68 said:
Adam's Apple said:
Was there freedom in Iraq under Saddam? Go ask some of the people who voted in their election and proudly displayed their purple fingers.[/QUOTE

I fail to see how IRAQI's voting in a fixed election makes America a safer place to live.

The election being fixed is a false premise, but i'll ignore that part.

When people are empowered to improve their situation in their own countries they are not susceptible to recruitment by terrorists, who use hopelessness and the lack of other options in life to bolster their numbers. Clear enough?

Forum List

Back