Liberal magazine whines that Trump followers will be saying "Merry Christmas" this year

I've said 'Merry Christmas' a total six times today while shopping and not once did someone react poorly or did I feel unsafe. Fucking drama queens.

I tend for the happy holidays, but it depends on my mood.

Whatever you say, enjoy the friendship and fun and joy and share it all year long

it is not just what you say but how you share and what you do. It's a feeling that makes people warm on the inside and sparkle on the outside. It's contagious in the best way.

I am kind and courteous in almost every interaction I have with other people. I prefer honey, but I am not above giving someone vinegar if they deserve it. It's quite easy dealing with people when you're a guinenly nice person.
You're not a nice person, you called me some very nasty names in another thread.

That's because you are a miserable and sanctimonious asshole. You've beared false witness against me on numerous occasions and then whine when I give you the vinegar you deserve.

It was always been safe to say Merry Christmas, but that doesn't jibe with those that desperately need to feel victimized.
I always loudly proclaim "Merry Christmas" when I get my receipt from the cashier. I get some dirty looks but WTF?
To be explicit, I get dirty looks from customers, not cashiers. The cashiers are normally pleasant and cheerful and appreciate the comment and generally thank me. I do it to get the customers attention.

I've said 'Merry Christmas' a total six times today while shopping and not once did someone react poorly or did I feel unsafe. Fucking drama queens.

Whatever you say, enjoy the friendship and fun and joy and share it all year long

it is not just what you say but how you share and what you do. It's a feeling that makes people warm on the inside and sparkle on the outside. It's contagious in the best way.

I am kind and courteous in almost every interaction I have with other people. I prefer honey, but I am not above giving someone vinegar if they deserve it. It's quite easy dealing with people when you're a guinenly nice person.
You're not a nice person, you called me some very nasty names in another thread.

That's because you are a miserable and sanctimonious asshole. You've beared false witness against me on numerous occasions and then whine when I give you the vinegar you deserve.
You are a liberal who is constantly trying to disavow responsibility for what your fellow liberals do.

I asked you to denounce the McCarthyite tactics that the LGBT movement is using on people who have opposed same-sex marriage, wrecking their careers, destroying their opportunities in life, and you refused.

Now you deny there is a liberal war on Christmas, and claim you say "Merry Christmas."

It's just more of the same bullshit.

If you support a cause, then you have responsibility for what people in that cause are doing.

It's racist against Jews to say Merry Christmas.
I know plenty of Jews who have no problem with Christmas, in fact, some of our most beloved Christmas carols were written by Jewish songwriters.

David Lehman’s Top 10 Christmas Songs Written by Jews

10. “The Christmas Waltz,” music and lyrics by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne. “Listen to Sinatra’s version of this interestingly self-referential lyric.”

9. “Silver Bells,” music by Jay Livingston, lyrics by Ray Evans.

8. “Winter Wonderland,” music and lyrics by Felix Bernard. “Michael Feinstein was my source on this one. And I’m surprised! The lyrics involve an impromptu wedding ceremony performed by a Parson Brown. The most interesting lyrical moment is the rhyme of ‘snow man’ and ‘no, man.’ ”

7. “Santa Baby,” music and lyrics by Joan Ellen Javits and Philip Springer. “Very enjoyable song. The closest thing to a jazz song here. ‘Santa Baby, hurry down the chimney tonight.’ It adapts the conventions of Christmas songs to become a kind of love and seduction song. Eartha Kitt sings a swell version.”

6. “Sleigh Ride,” lyrics by Mitchell Parrish. “Sometimes people encounter it as a musical backdrop. On a personal note, I remember flying between the U.S. and England in the 1970s, and at Heathrow or Gatwick or JFK, you would always hear that. I had never liked it particularly, but because of the association it is very dear to me. Parrish—born Michael Hyman Pashelinsky in Lithuania—wrote the lyrics to one of the most famous of all jazz standards, Hoagy Carmichael’s ‘Stardust.’ ”

5. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” music by Buck Ram, lyrics by Walter Kent. “Like ‘White Christmas’ and ‘Have Yourself,’ this song was popular during World War II, and it appeals to a certain nostalgia and homesickness, not only on the parts of the troops abroad, but the loved ones at home.”

4. “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm,” music and lyrics by Irving Berlin. “This is a great song that is sometimes overlooked when people think of great Christmas songs, in part because of the other major Berlin effort in this category, and in part because it is one of the few songs on this list that can be done come snow or shine, year in and year out.”

3. “Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow,” lyrics by Sammy Cahn, music by Julie Styne. “This is my own favorite of the ‘Jingle Bells’-type Christmas song. I love the way it is used as the exit music in Die Hard.”

2. “The Christmas Song” (“Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire”), music and lyrics by Mel Tormé and Bob Wells. “These first two picks are traditional Christmas songs—they mention the holiday explicitly, are full of heartfelt sentiment, and may jerk a few tears.”

1. “White Christmas,” music and lyrics by Irving Berlin. “Bing Crosby’s version is the best-selling single ever.”

From ‘Winter Wonderland’ to ‘White Christmas,’ the Top Ten Christmas Songs Written by Jews

I know plenty of Jews who have no problem with Christmas, in fact, some of our most beloved Christmas carols were written by Jewish songwriters.

David Lehman’s Top 10 Christmas Songs Written by Jews

10. “The Christmas Waltz,” music and lyrics by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne. “Listen to Sinatra’s version of this interestingly self-referential lyric.”

9. “Silver Bells,” music by Jay Livingston, lyrics by Ray Evans.

8. “Winter Wonderland,” music and lyrics by Felix Bernard. “Michael Feinstein was my source on this one. And I’m surprised! The lyrics involve an impromptu wedding ceremony performed by a Parson Brown. The most interesting lyrical moment is the rhyme of ‘snow man’ and ‘no, man.’ ”

7. “Santa Baby,” music and lyrics by Joan Ellen Javits and Philip Springer. “Very enjoyable song. The closest thing to a jazz song here. ‘Santa Baby, hurry down the chimney tonight.’ It adapts the conventions of Christmas songs to become a kind of love and seduction song. Eartha Kitt sings a swell version.”

6. “Sleigh Ride,” lyrics by Mitchell Parrish. “Sometimes people encounter it as a musical backdrop. On a personal note, I remember flying between the U.S. and England in the 1970s, and at Heathrow or Gatwick or JFK, you would always hear that. I had never liked it particularly, but because of the association it is very dear to me. Parrish—born Michael Hyman Pashelinsky in Lithuania—wrote the lyrics to one of the most famous of all jazz standards, Hoagy Carmichael’s ‘Stardust.’ ”

5. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” music by Buck Ram, lyrics by Walter Kent. “Like ‘White Christmas’ and ‘Have Yourself,’ this song was popular during World War II, and it appeals to a certain nostalgia and homesickness, not only on the parts of the troops abroad, but the loved ones at home.”

4. “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm,” music and lyrics by Irving Berlin. “This is a great song that is sometimes overlooked when people think of great Christmas songs, in part because of the other major Berlin effort in this category, and in part because it is one of the few songs on this list that can be done come snow or shine, year in and year out.”

3. “Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow,” lyrics by Sammy Cahn, music by Julie Styne. “This is my own favorite of the ‘Jingle Bells’-type Christmas song. I love the way it is used as the exit music in Die Hard.”

2. “The Christmas Song” (“Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire”), music and lyrics by Mel Tormé and Bob Wells. “These first two picks are traditional Christmas songs—they mention the holiday explicitly, are full of heartfelt sentiment, and may jerk a few tears.”

1. “White Christmas,” music and lyrics by Irving Berlin. “Bing Crosby’s version is the best-selling single ever.”

From ‘Winter Wonderland’ to ‘White Christmas,’ the Top Ten Christmas Songs Written by Jews
I don't buy it. Conservatives are racist against Jews by saying Merry Christmas at a time when Jews need our support. Many of Trump's cabinet picks are anti-Semitic. But Jews are welcomed by Liberals and we look forward to working with them as we wage our battle against terrorism.

You are a liberal who is constantly trying to disavow responsibility for what your fellow liberals do.

I asked you to denounce the McCarthyite tactics that the LGBT movement is using on people who have opposed same-sex marriage, wrecking their careers, destroying their opportunities in life, and you refused.

Now you deny there is a liberal war on Christmas, and claim you say "Merry Christmas."

It's just more of the same bullshit.

If you support a cause, then you have responsibility for what people in that cause are doing.

Wrong again. I am a libertarian and I have stated on numerous occasions that businesses should be able to serve or not serve people as they see fit. I don't think anyone should have their lives destroyed over gay marriage or for being gay. You love to bear false witness and then haughtily rail against it. That's your modus
operandi.

Good lord, I am talking to person that believes cards with the words 'Christmas' couldn't be found. lol. That's why having a conversation with is mostly a fool's errand.

I don't believe that for a second.

That's b/c it's bullshit. lol
No it is not bullshit. Liberals are a friend of the Jew but conservatives are insensitive and say things to them like "Merry Christmas".
OK, we won't say Merry Christmas anymore. That's like saying "Heil Hitler." Got it!
It's not quite like that but yeah, close enough

it's hanukkah

it's the spirit of joy that matters, not the words

you are offended by a name of a day? Jesus was jewish, it was his birthday.

Israel is celebrating christmas, has for more than a thousand years.

No reason for jews to be offended, nor feel a warm greeting is racist

Merry Christmas is a beautiful feeling! I personally love it.

Hitler celebrated Christmas! What a festive guy he was!!

3024022-inline-hitler-regalo-natale-285955.jpg.cf.jpg

article-0-0F46E57D00000578-462_964x597.jpg.cf.jpg

vatican46_11.jpg.cf.jpg

Nazi_Christmas_6.jpg.cf.jpg

Forum List

Back