Liberal Christians

Doesn't bother me. I just wonder why you want to discuss with liberals and then ask me whether I want to discuss it.... not that I give a damn since you're clearly not intelligent enough to discuss Christianity - judging by your fucking moronic belief that Jesus was 'liberal' and that Romans were 'conservative'.

When you grow a brain, let me know.

If you don't want to post on this topic, why are you here?

All you want to do is throw insults at me. I want to talk to politically liberal Christians.

I'd neg rep you for all those insults, but I have to spread it around.

Why should I not insult you? You insult me... but I forgot.... you can dish out your insults but have an issue when you get them back.

I'll post wherever I want.... if you don't like it, that's your tough luck. But you were the one who specified 'Liberal Christians'. My experience - there are very few 'Liberal Christians' on this site... most of them call themselves Liberals but they are not Liberals, they are Progressives. Much like you. Control freaks who want to decide how everyone should live.

OK. You've earned ignore. You are not addressing my posts. You're doing nothing but personal attack. Bye.

Last edited:
Okay - well. I don't know why you are looking for "liberal Christians" then, because it sounds like you just want to poke fun at the faith of believers, period.

No, not really. I'm interested in talking to Christians who do not practice in a church or have fundie views. I'm interested in talking to people who follow Jesus teachings and consider themselves politically liberal.

I do have my days when I want to "poke fun". Not now. Not today. I think it's safe to say most conservative Christians rub me the wrong way, and I do the same to them. Some days I'm angry about some stupid thing a Christian said or did and I unfairly "light into" someone who doesn't deserve it. Some days, some people do the same to me.

Most of the Christians I've met here are very conservative. I know there are liberals out there. I want to meet them.

Well, if that's not where you want to go, then don't go there. You want to talk about the bolded bit, then don't start in about your own belief systems. Ask questions about the bolded bit.

I don't do church anymore. Too much legalistic damage was done in my decades there.

I'm completely confused. You are telling me that I should not post what I've posted. Why are my own beliefs not relevant?

Last edited:
"Control freaks who want to decide how everyone should live?"

Those are right-wing nutjobs. Neocons. The opposite of liberals.

They don't want gays getting married.

They don't want women to have sovereign rights over their reproductive systems.

They don't want the poor getting anywhere. In fact, a $3/hour minimum wage sounds just peachy to them.

They're perfectly fine with children going to bed hungry. Because somehow they think they know what 'hungry enough' looks like.

They fly in direct opposition to the teachings of Jesus, and still wrap themselves in a flag, clutching a Bible.

No, not really. I'm interested in talking to Christians who do not practice in a church or have fundie views. I'm interested in talking to people who follow Jesus teachings and consider themselves politically liberal.

I do have my days when I want to "poke fun". Not now. Not today. I think it's safe to say most conservative Christians rub me the wrong way, and I do the same to them. Some days I'm angry about some stupid thing a Christian said or did and I unfairly "light into" someone who doesn't deserve it. Some days, some people do the same to me.

Most of the Christians I've met here are very conservative. I know there are liberals out there. I want to meet them.

Well, if that's not where you want to go, then don't go there. You want to talk about the bolded bit, then don't start in about your own belief systems. Ask questions about the bolded bit.

I don't do church anymore. Too much legalistic damage was done in my decades there.

I'm completely confused. You are telling me that I should not post what I've posted. Why are my own beliefs not relevant?

I'm telling you - don't suck people into a thread which is ostensibly about "Liberal Christians" and then start in with the "Jesus wasn't who he said he was, nor did he do what he himself said he came to do, and by the way, Adam and Eve aren't real."

That's a whole 'nother thread.

If you don't want to post on this topic, why are you here?

All you want to do is throw insults at me. I want to talk to politically liberal Christians.

I'd neg rep you for all those insults, but I have to spread it around.

Why should I not insult you? You insult me... but I forgot.... you can dish out your insults but have an issue when you get them back.

I'll post wherever I want.... if you don't like it, that's your tough luck. But you were the one who specified 'Liberal Christians'. My experience - there are very few 'Liberal Christians' on this site... most of them call themselves Liberals but they are not Liberals, they are Progressives. Much like you. Control freaks who want to decide how everyone should live.

OK. You've earned ignore. You are not addressing my posts. You're doing nothing but personal attack. Bye.

Don't mistake me for someone who's gonna give a shit about being 'ignored'. Your views of conservatives are laughable... as is your understanding of Christ... and, for that matter, your understanding of the Roman Empire.... and pretty much everything else.

But your drama queen antics are mildly amusing.

BD, would you be willing to tell us how you can reconcile the teachings of Jesus with liberal politics?

We live in a day and age where it is thought by RWNJ's that liberals can't be Christian.

BD, would you be willing to tell us how you can reconcile the teachings of Jesus with liberal politics?

We live in a day and age where it is thought by RWNJ's that liberals can't be Christian.

What did he teach? What was the most important message he sent out there. "LOVE." Love your neighbor as yourself. "GIVE."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0eFEQYwBw]Don Francisco - Steeple Song - YouTube[/ame]

Matthew 25:31-46 (New International Version)

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

What did he teach? What was the most important message he sent out there. "LOVE." Love your neighbor as yourself. "GIVE."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0eFEQYwBw]Don Francisco - Steeple Song - YouTube[/ame]

Matthew 25:31-46 (New International Version)

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

That would make Jesus supportive of human rights. It would make Jesus supportive of food stamps and unemployment insurance. It would make Jesus anti-war. It would make Jesus anti-death penalty. All liberal causes.

This is rather pointless, you’ll see her posts when quoted anyway.

Can’t help with the ‘liberal Christian’ thing because I’m neither; but your thread is valid in that they are there, and their faith and political ideology match-up well, in their practice of Christian humanism and Christ’s admonishment to improve the human condition.

This is rather pointless, you’ll see her posts when quoted anyway.

Can’t help with the ‘liberal Christian’ thing because I’m neither; but your thread is valid in that they are there, and their faith and political ideology match-up well, in their practice of Christian humanism and Christ’s admonishment to improve the human condition.

Oh, it works just fine. CG rarely says anything quote-worthy, and 'forum eyes' are usually trained to skip what they've already read, i.e., quotes.

There's soemthing like one billion people who don the title "Christian".

Their range of beliefs and attitudes is all over the map, even within the mainstream churches, like the RC chuirch, Baptists ect.

Given that?

Trying to impose ONE DOGMA and calling that Christian is kinda silly

In the thirties, you couldn't be Christian and Republican because the GOP was the "party of the rich and privelged" and not seen to be following Christ's help with the poor.

Now, evangelicals claim you cannot be Christian and liberal.

I say, nonsense.

put down the pipe

I am definitely a liberal. You are not.

Liberals focus first on liberty and equal rights. They speak up even when someone who they hate is being persecuted or oppressed. Liberals follow the principles of the Age of Enlightenment, they believe that the government rules only by consent, and that individuals have fundamental rights to life, liberty, and property. Those are the core beliefs of liberals. They see different ways to get to those beliefs, so there is a broad spectrum of beliefs in liberalism, but if you do not hold those core beliefs, you are not a liberal.

I am closer to those core values that you are. Most conservatives on this board are closer to those core beliefs than you are. Like I said, I am closer to being a liberal than most liberals on this board, mostly because most liberals on this board are actually progressives.

My political positions lean decidedly left, and more left than anyone else here.

You keep saying you'd like to meet Liberal Christians. You don't define to the several people asking, what that means. When people identify them as such, you have nothing to say. Was this a ruse?

I want to talk to some LIBERAL Christians, not right wingers.

Most liberals that are religious are Catholics....and the catholic church is equivalent to a cult...IMHO!

yeah, darn those crazy catholics for actually REALLY being pro life and not liking pretend wars of choice or the death penalty.

how "cultlike" of them.

p.s. you're wrong anyway.... episcopalians are liberal, too. they're not so fond of gay-bashing in addition to the things that bug catholics.

good try, though.:eusa_whistle:

There you go again, totally misrepresenting the position of an entire group of people based on what you like and dislike.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Gandhi

You must have missed the thread where we discussed how Gandhi did not say that, and how it makes people dishonest when they wrongly attribute quotes.

Then again, since you are dishonest anyway, you might not have missed it.

I would think all religious people would be liberal? You mean I got that wrong? Heck, we exist for a second in time and eternity waits with long arms, so why worry about money or property or things, worry about the hungry the sick the homeless the needy, help others and do not whine about material things, and if you are blessed as my religious friends sometimes say, help others on their way to that large time that makes this time so short and meaningless.

If you actually thought you would know that not all religious people are Christians. Why would a Druid be liberal?

Jesus Is A Liberal - Home Page

Sojourners: Christians for Justice and Peace

Liberal Christian Dating Site, Liberal Christian Personals, Liberal Christian Singles | Free Online Dating

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." Thomas Paine

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." Abraham Lincoln

Then you throw in your token quotes that actually disprove what you are trying to say, typical midcan idiocy.

There's soemthing like one billion people who don the title "Christian".

Their range of beliefs and attitudes is all over the map, even within the mainstream churches, like the RC chuirch, Baptists ect.

Given that?

Trying to impose ONE DOGMA and calling that Christian is kinda silly

In the thirties, you couldn't be Christian and Republican because the GOP was the "party of the rich and privelged" and not seen to be following Christ's help with the poor.

Now, evangelicals claim you cannot be Christian and liberal.

I say, nonsense.

Who said you could not be a Republican and a Christian in the 30s? Who is saying you cannot be a Christian and a liberal?

Forum List

Back