CDZ Letting 16 year olds vote if they pass a test

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Would you be in favor of letting 16 year olds being allowed to vote if they passed a fairly difficult voter competency test that 85% of adults had failed in when given? Let's assume they could study for the test all they want, take it once a day like their driver's permit test, and therefore had to be knowledgeable and/or at least have the dedication to keep studying and trying again and again until they passed. There could even be an additional restriction that they have had a job at some point. When they turn 18, they can simply vote.

A majority of the millenniums can't even name the Fifty states. Not to mention the Three Branches of Government. What makes you think 16-year-olds would be allowed to vote if they pass a competency test?

I agree to letting 16-year-olds vote IF...

... they pay more than $5,000 a year in Federal taxes.

I propose we make republicans take a very simple to vote. We will.show them 3 stories from 3 major news outlets and they have to correctly identify the real one.

I propose we make republicans take a very simple to vote. We will.show them 3 stories from 3 major news outlets and they have to correctly identify the real one.
d. None of the above.

... they pay more than $5,000 a year in Federal taxes.
They may want to start early...maybe when they're still 15. By the time they turn 17, maybe they will be able to accomplish that feat. Lol

I remember reading a story, I believe it was an incident that happened to Julian Bond. As part of a registration campaign in the South. He was forced to take a literacy test to vote in rural Georgia. They produced a newspaper that Bond (a university graduates and child of two prestigious scholars) easily read. Out of desperation, they produced a newspaper in Chinese. They were astounded when Bond said he could read it. When they asked for a translation, he said...

"Yea, it says this N* isn't going to vote in Georgia"

Only a few years later, Julian Bond was the Representative of the 32nd District to the Georgia State Assembly.

That, my children, is revenge best served cold.

I remember reading a story, I believe it was an incident that happened to Julian Bond. As part of a registration campaign in the South. He was forced to take a literacy test to vote in rural Georgia. They produced a newspaper that Bond (a university graduates and child of two prestigious scholars) easily read. Out of desperation, they produced a newspaper in Chinese. They were astounded when Bond said he could read it. When they asked for a translation, he said...

"Yea, it says this N* isn't going to vote in Georgia"

Only a few years later, Julian Bond was the Representative of the 32nd District to the Georgia State Assembly.

That, my children, is revenge best served cold.
He is still an idiot.

No, I have mad respect for Julian Bond. He worked hard to secure voting rights for Blacks in the South and worked from within the system to establish civil rights for Blacks.
I don't agree with everything Mr. Bond has said, particularly in his later years. But, I respect his contributions to America.

You don't watch the Weather Channel?

No, those weird lines confuse me.

Weather%2BMap.jpg

Besides, where I live, the weather news is never good.

Would you be in favor of letting 16 year olds being allowed to vote if they passed a fairly difficult voter competency test that 85% of adults had failed in when given? Let's assume they could study for the test all they want, take it once a day like their driver's permit test, and therefore had to be knowledgeable and/or at least have the dedication to keep studying and trying again and again until they passed. There could even be an additional restriction that they have had a job at some point. When they turn 18, they can simply vote.

No.

Forum List

Back