Let's Talk Key West!

We were there long ago in August, loved the drive and the views, when we arrived I decided I would jog, I lasted a few blocks and gave up, something I never do. The heat was a killer. Our boys enjoyed the pools, the open bars where they gave the musicians dollars bills, and they especially liked the hippies who created odd necklaces out of silverware as the sun set and everyone cheered. They wore their hippiewear for the rest of the trip. Enjoy the journey, that's the best part.

Don't forget to eat conch salad and key lime pie.

:drool:

what is conch salad? Is it vegetarian?
It's kind of a fish? You do eat those, don't you? :eek: Shoot, I guess you don't.

Anyway, if the girls do and you aren't offended by what other people eat and will be there on the 27 and 28 it is mini lobster season and doubly crazy down there. But if you can find someone to take you lobstering or teach you to the girls will have an absolute blast doing it.

sunsets at fort zachary taylor or mallory square. you can do tours where you can jetski around the island. get a cheeseburger in paradise at margaritaville.

And "conch fritters" are everywhere you go as well!

Caribbee+Key+conch+fritters.jpg

Conch is what comes out of the conch shell! :eusa_shhh:

conch_fritters_logo.jpg

It is a nice place to visit but a writer should not live there, all that marlin fishing, heavy drinking, and those mutant cats really damaged Hemingway's art.

Hate to be a buzzkill, but you will likely catch fire.

It'll be hot for sure but Florida is such a beautiful state, it's hard to complain about it.

Start googling now and avoid the tourist traps. In fact google that, avoid tourist traps in the florida keys. Enjoy a laid back, hot, vacation. The nights will be great even without going to clubs.

I went to Key West in June, 1990, the beginning a regrettably long series of vacations with Delilah, who is a miserable traveller, allegic to every flora or fauna imaginable. Since I've learned to simply vacation with one of the slaves, who are teens.

If I returned, I would rent

MV5BMTM0OTM5OTAxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkzNjkyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

Then I'd hang out in

IMG_9776.JPG

Then I would go fishing for one of these:

97a2592f9742582317e36a9cc8373855c0cd0a15

I went to Key West in June, 1990, the beginning a regrettably long series of vacations with Delilah, who is a miserable traveller, allegic to every flora or fauna imaginable. Since I've learned to simply vacation with one of the slaves, who are teens.

If I returned, I would rent

MV5BMTM0OTM5OTAxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkzNjkyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

Then I'd hang out in

IMG_9776.JPG

Then I would go fishing for one of these:

97a2592f9742582317e36a9cc8373855c0cd0a15

What about adopting a mutant cat, you have to do that!

Mind you if I ever got out of Sloppy Joe's I would love to go marlon fishing just once.

Can you use a mutant cat for bait?

Don't forget to eat conch salad and key lime pie.

:drool:

Nasty. I don't recommend it.

Key West has great wind surfing for beginners. Ultra blue water(sometimes). Bottle nose porpoise, decent beach bars... OK snorkling.

I have to agree with Huggy on the Conch....salad, fritters, whatever.......just buy one order of fritters, let everyone have a taste, and move on...

Much like a "crab cocktail" in Seattle.
:razz:

Key West has great wind surfing for beginners. Ultra blue water(sometimes). Bottle nose porpoise, decent beach bars... OK snorkling.

I have to agree with Huggy on the Conch....salad, fritters, whatever.......just buy one order of fritters, let everyone have a taste, and move on...

Hey! Hey! Hey!...you sayin the crab cocktail was "nasty"???..disappointing I underget.. But NASTY???? I'm SHOCKED!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey! Hey! Hey!...you sayin the crab cocktail was "nasty"???..disappointing I underget.. But NASTY???? I'm SHOCKED!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If I had to pay for it, that would have been Nasty.

Happily, I've received my reimbursement check.:cool:

If I had to pay for it, that would have been Nasty.

Happily, I've received my reimbursement check.:cool:

:clap2:

Forum List

Back