Lets force Walmart, at gunpoint, to give $5/hour raise because we are so caring

If a company purchasing it's own stock is not market manipulation I don't know what is. .

anybody is free to buy stock no idea why one person is manipulating and another is not???

When an individual purchases a share of stock they expect to sell that share some day and perhaps collect dividends in the meantime. When a company purchases a share of it's own stock they DESTROY IT. They destroy it for the sole purpose of increasing the value of the remaining outstanding shares of stock. The very definition of price manipulation.

When a company purchases a share of it's own stock they DESTROY IT. .

no they own it they don't destroy it. Doing so makes outstanding shares worth more so it is in effect a way to give owners their profits. Do you understand they own stuff to collect their profits. Are you a communist without knowing it??

Because, if there were a supply problem PRICES would be increasing, interest rates would be much higher and corporations would not be sitting on piles of cash.

what on earth??? if for example you supply a quality car for $1000 everyone would buy it and prices would be going down.

no they own it they don't destroy it. Doing so makes outstanding shares worth more so it is in effect a way to give owners their profits. Do you understand they own stuff to collect their profits. Are you a communist without knowing it??

Do they destroy it or not? Yes or No. Easy question. And stock buybacks have nothing at all to do with profits and everything to do with stock options for executives. Here, educate yourself,

Column: The biggest scam bankrupting business and the middle class

Because, if there were a supply problem PRICES would be increasing, interest rates would be much higher and corporations would not be sitting on piles of cash.

what on earth??? if for example you supply a quality car for $1000 everyone would buy it and prices would be going down.

Yes, if quality cars were a thousand dollars there would most certainly be a "supply" problem.

Something has to be done to get someone to make more pie. .

yes to make or supply new pie. This is called supply side economics. Do you understand now???

I understand that supply side economics doesn't work in today's economy. No company is going to step up and make more pie until the consumers have a way of paying for that pie. Right now, all the companies are doing is either sitting on their hands or attempting to get more of the pie that is already there. Wages are stagnant, the gas savings have all been spent, and consumers have tapped out their credit lines.

Do they destroy it or not? Yes or No. Easy question. And stock buybacks have nothing at all to do with profits and everything to do with stock options for executives. Here, educate yourself,

Column: The biggest scam bankrupting business and the middle class
While distributions to shareholders, relative to income, have been stable for a long time, the split between dividends and share repurchases has changed significantly. Until the early 1980s, less than 10 percent of distributions involved share repurchases. Now, about 50 to 60 percent do.

Liberals would destroy Walmart just as Stalin destroyed soviet economy:

Walmart by the numbers:

Revenue $482 Billion
profit $14 Billion
$5 raise $11 billion
profit after raise $ 3

Cut retail profits by 80% and cause another liberal Great Depression tomorrow!! And lets never be tricked, this is but one of 10001 interventions a liberal will want because the liberal will lack the ability to understand capitalism!!
You're in charge now do whatever you want. Let's see if it works. Didn't the last time or the time before that

. No company is going to step up and make more pie until the consumers have a way of paying for that pie.
you are totally clueless. Invent or supply a quality $1000 car and people will be able to afford it 10 times over. Don't you read????

I understand that supply side economics doesn't work in today's economy.

here are your ABC's we got from the stone age to here because Republicans supplied new inventions. Now you know how an economy and wages grow. Do you understand?

I understand that supply side economics doesn't work in today's economy..

you said you want more pie or more supply?? So then you encourage supply not discourage it

I thought profit was encouragement. If you can make a profit, you do it. Then you pay taxes. I am like Warren Buffet, I have yet to meet an investor that refused to engage in a profitable activity because of the tax rate.

I am like Warren Buffet, I have yet to meet an investor that refused to engage in a profitable activity because of the tax rate.

of course thats 100% stupid and typical of Buffett. What you pay in taxes is then not available for investment

Forum List

Back