let me get serious for a second...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan, May 24, 2004.

1. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I've learned my lesson about getting political on the board, but I can't help myself. Also, I'm not posting this in the general sections because I'm not trying to start some big argument, just letting everyone know how I feel...

For some reason, Andy Rooney never struck me as someone who I would agree with so fully, and yet this is about as true as anything I've read on the war:

In my opinion the Americans in those pictures need to be locked up for a long long time. Obviously, they're not fit to live in normal society, I think.

And, sadly, in my mind, this whole thing has made this war look like a major debacle to all of our opposers. You can argue statistics all you want, but statistics aren't what the average anti-American muslim is seeing all over the place anymore. And, while I realize these prison people were a very small group out of a huge regime, they're getting all the airtime while the honorable soldier is being ignored, which just pisses me off even more. I have a sinking feeling that this incident is going to cause more terrorism than ever before.

And, in addition to that, one of my very good friends is being shipped off to the army tomorrow, and probably Iraq soon.

And to top it all off, the Senate is voting on a bill that will bring back the draft, and the new proposed draft will not exempt college students.

Sorry to get so long on here, this stuff's been bothering me a lot lately, and I needed to vent. As much as I know it irks most people on here, I'm probably voting Democrat in November.

2. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    yeah that was disgusting what those retards did, and yes they should get something out of it. but my problem is this; when everyother country breaks the geneva convention its no big deal "thats how they do things over there". when we do it, its the end of the world.
    by the way... why take fucking pictures of yourself actiing like a fucking idiot while committing shit like that

3. Jack

Jack "Dirty Jack"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey Dan,

isn't funny how the liberals and probably all your professor's make such a big deal out of it. Second World War the Germans shot many of our prisoners and the Japs cut heads off. This is war. Also why doesn't Rooney make a big deal about the beheading or the civilians who were killed burned and hung from bridges. Only the liberal media will keep this story going and anything that might hurt Bush and it seems you fall into that trap. Like Zel Miller "who is a Democrat " said better to have panties on your head then no head at all.