Let Detroit Go Bankrupt

OH NO DOUBT that NAFTA was a bipartisan effort, though MORE republicans voted for it than Democrats voting for it...enough Democrats supported it to call it a BIPARTISAN EFFORT....(they BOTH screwed us)

And with even more respect back at ya.... :) Clinton DID say he would sign the NAFTA bill IF it was PASSED by congress during his campaign, but by no means was it part of his presidential run or focus of his presidential run or a platform for his presidential run.....

One of the reasons I didn't vote for Hillary.

OH NO DOUBT that NAFTA was a bipartisan effort, though MORE republicans voted for it than Democrats voting for it...enough Democrats supported it to call it a BIPARTISAN EFFORT....(they BOTH screwed us)

And with even more respect back at ya.... :) Clinton DID say he would sign the NAFTA bill IF it was PASSED by congress during his campaign, but by no means was it part of his presidential run or focus of his presidential run or a platform for his presidential run.....

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree and start calling each other names then.

poopyhead

Why do people think Bankruptcy is a bad thing?'

It's not, it's healthy for companies in their state. Let them declare chapter 11...negotiate the contracts they have and rebuild.
Bankruptcy does not mean the company disappears; it is just owned by someone new (as has occurred with several airlines). Bankruptcy punishes those who took excessive risks while preserving those aspects of a businesses that remain profitable.
Enough with these fucking bailouts.

They pay 73 dollars a fucking hour for the average employee. Competitors are paying 43 dollars an hour.

The average American worker hourly wage is like 25 bucks an hour.

Fuck these unions, they think there is an endless supply of money on the other side and just take and take and take.
Bankruptcy DOES MEAN that the vendors that they owe money to, get stiffed, and they start from day one with a clean slate of who they owe money to....it DICKS alot of people related to the auto industry....ALOT....a year or two down the road, they may get 25 cents on the dollar of what they are owed by the big three...

it also could make future consumers hesitant to buy one of their cars because these companies MAY NOT be there somewhere down the road due to their bankruptcy and consumers will be worried about the warranties on their cars and whether the auto companies will be their to honor their warranty and service their vehicles....

I am uncertain on what is the right way to go....chapter 11 is still a viable solution in my opinion, but i thought this should be thrown out there as some of the negatives to a chapter 11 verses a bailout, where all associated companies/vendors to the auto industry would not be hurt as much....these other companies could also file bankruptcy if they are not paid their bills by the Auto companies if the suto companies go in to chapter 11....

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree and start calling each other names then.

poopyhead

I just talked to one of my die hard republican buddies. I told him what we are talking about. One thing he and I agree on, and one thing that he will argue with other Republicans about, on that we need to buy more AMERICAN products and stop selling out.

And he said the idea that Honda's or Toyota's are better than American cars is strictly perception. There was some truth to it in the past, but not so much anymore.

Sort of reminds me of when you guys called Democrats big tax and spenders because that was their MO back in the 80's. That was then, this is now.

So Del, stop trashing America. If you love China so much, why don't you marry it. :lol:

No. Let the banks go chapter 11 and start over.

When I choose between a company that makes something and employs a lot of people vs. a bank that doesn't even make a product, I choose saving the company that actually makes something.

And besides Del, you had 6 solid years where we tried it your way. This is your mess. Now sit there and watch as we fix the mess your kind created.

No more sending jobs overseas and giving tax breaks to the companies that go.

No more pitting American workers against slave labor so you can save a buck.

We worry that China is going to become the next superpower yet here we are financing it.

It's too much to fathom. My head is going to explode. You guys are a bunch of sellouts and it makes me sick.

It doesn't have to be this way. If the economy were good and if you made a decent wage, you could afford a couple grand more for a car.

Would it really break you if the dollar stores turned into $2 stores and they sold all American products? I'd gladly shop at the $2 store.

Cheap asses.

Without the banks, nobody could buy your shitty cars.. No bank? No loans..

Or you could build a better car for two grand less. I don't care what my salary is,, if I can buy a better car for two grand less I'm going to buy it.. that's what competition is all about. so if you want us to buy American then give us what Henry Ford originally gave us a good car for a fair price,, or you could just be stubborn and let the union bosses price you right out of business. If we gave you 50 billion today you would still go outta business if you keep doing what yer doing.

Without the banks, nobody could buy your shitty cars.. No bank? No loans..

Or you could build a better car for two grand less. I don't care what my salary is,, if I can buy a better car for two grand less I'm going to buy it.. that's what competition is all about. so if you want us to buy American then give us what Henry Ford originally gave us a good car for a fair price,, or you could just be stubborn and let the union bosses price you right out of business. If we gave you 50 billion today you would still go outta business if you keep doing what yer doing.

So you really are anti American. Nice.

Oh trust me, there will always be banks. But if the Big 3 go away, they won't come back.

No doubt. I agree. The Big 3 need to change the way they operate. But thank God for unions. Otherwise, they'd try to cut into the employees pay and continue giving the exec's huge bonus'. One of the CEO's of one of the Big 3 said he would work for nothing. Why not? He got a $200 million dollar retirement from Home Depot.

You have what we call the house slave mentality. I work with a guy just like you. He was defending foreign car manufacturers and I was trying to explain to him that it could happen to him next. We sell tax and accounting stuff. I'm sure Indians can make the same products we make for less. So why doesn't my company just outsource to India? Hey, it'll save the consumers a fucking buck.

So I ask you again, what do you do? I want to see why you are so clueless and careless when it comes to American wages.

So you really are anti American. Nice.

Oh trust me, there will always be banks. But if the Big 3 go away, they won't come back.

No doubt. I agree. The Big 3 need to change the way they operate. But thank God for unions. Otherwise, they'd try to cut into the employees pay and continue giving the exec's huge bonus'. One of the CEO's of one of the Big 3 said he would work for nothing. Why not? He got a $200 million dollar retirement from Home Depot.

You have what we call the house slave mentality. I work with a guy just like you. He was defending foreign car manufacturers and I was trying to explain to him that it could happen to him next. We sell tax and accounting stuff. I'm sure Indians can make the same products we make for less. So why doesn't my company just outsource to India? Hey, it'll save the consumers a fucking buck.

So I ask you again, what do you do? I want to see why you are so clueless and careless when it comes to American wages.

I know. And, AlQada just said the same thing about obamalama,, they are taking very careful notes..

proves you don't read... you just get mad....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank God for unions?

Dude, Unions are a part of the reason the big 3 are failing. For years they have been taking and taking and taking thinkign there is a endless amount of money on the other side.

GM pays 73 bucks an hour, competitors pay 43 and the average american makes around 25.

Then you have the government throwing regulation after regulation on the big 3, I am surprised by now we all aren't driving the same color.

I believe in GM, hell I own GM, I have a Denali.

Nationalized Unions = one of the worst things to come out of the 20th century

Small, company-wide unions are a good thing to make sure the company is living up to safety expectations and monetary competitiveness created by the workers of said company.

[/B]

I know. And, AlQada just said the same thing about obamalama,, they are taking very careful notes..

proves you don't read... you just get mad....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What do you do for a living? Let me show you that your wages are going to go down too.

Or maybe they can't go any lower because you make minimum wage.

Thank God for unions?

Dude, Unions are a part of the reason the big 3 are failing. For years they have been taking and taking and taking thinkign there is a endless amount of money on the other side.

GM pays 73 bucks an hour, competitors pay 43 and the average american makes around 25.

Then you have the government throwing regulation after regulation on the big 3, I am surprised by now we all aren't driving the same color.

Small, company-wide unions are a good thing to make sure the company is living up to safety expectations and monetary competitiveness created by the workers of said company.

Let him thank god for the unions. I thank god for Toyota! They know how to build a car.. why? they believe in Quality Assurance.

What do you do for a living? Let me show you that your wages are going to go down too.

Or maybe they can't go any lower because you make minimum wage.

Listen to me closely bud.... I DO NOT WORK

can you hear me now?:lol:

I sit on my azz at home on this computer! Do you work? If you do your boss gets the short end of the stick cause yer on here as much as I am.. :lol:

come to think of it this may be a large part of what's wrong with the American Economy,,, nobody really works! :lol:

Thank God for unions?

Unions got more and more because they had the power to get more and more. In good times, the CEO's went to the bank, and God bless the unions for making the companies share the wealth with the employees.

If employees at Exxon were in unions, then they would be greedy too. Why should only the CEO's and VP's get paid bonus'?

And you would be greedy too if you were able to negotiate your pay. But you can't, because you are not in a union.

Do you know why you make so much money? Because Unions make what they make. They brought up all of our wages.

Anyways, small company unions are a joke. I worked for one once.

The worst thing to come out of the 20th century was Reaganomics and the Reagan Revolution.

I don't have time to reply to all the nonsense you spew. Your party lost. The way you talk is the way the GOP talked for the last 8 years. You are wrong and we will show you that you were wrong. Now is the time for you to shut up and watch us fix America. And don't worry, we'll bring you along with us.

Anyways, I bet you look forward to the day when we all live like Bo & Luke Duke. Everyone in town is broke except for Boss Hog.

I'm done with this conversation. You've been drinking the Corporate coolaid too long. My brother is a VP and he even knows you are wrong.

He'll agree with you on the common sense stuff, like the jobs bank thing is bullshit, but unions are not causing the Big 3 to fail. The guys at the top are.

Think about the auto fat cats in DC today all getting off of their private jets, wearing their 2000 dollar suits and gucci loafers, getting into their limos and standing outside the capitol building with a tin cup full of pencils to sell.

still want to bail those assholes out?

I sit on my azz at home on this computer! Do you work? If you do your boss gets the short end of the stick cause yer on here as much as I am.. :lol:

Oh I'm on here way too much, but I get my job done.

And, I will not listen to a person who doesn't even fucking work.

You probably have zero real world experience.

Go back to bed. :lol:

Dickhead, I never said it was soley based on unions. It is based on poor management and foresight as well. However to say the greed of the unions ahd nothing to do with it is ridiculous. Unions and government interventions on the big 3 have also helped lead to their downfall.

Oh I'm on here way too much, but I get my job done.

And, I will not listen to a person who doesn't even fucking work.

You probably have zero real world experience.

Go back to bed. :lol:

so! you are drawing a paycheck and you are on here arguing for hours everyday! Do you make union wages?? And we the taxpayer are supposed to bail yer sorry azzes out? omg! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back