Lesbians whining because doc refused to be baby's doctor

That's not the point. I know you want to argue the world where you want it to be, not where it is. Do you really want doctors to be able to refuse to treat someone? Shall we go back to segregated hospitals? Oh sure, nowadays it wouldn't be blacks and whites...maybe Muslim and everyone else? Gay and straight only hospitals?
Well, that situation would certainly coincide with Identity Politics, in which Americans are encouraged to become more divided, but that's another issue.

I do know the following: (1) I don't want a bigot who is guided by their god above science treating my kids, (2) that forcing such a person to treat my kids puts them in unacceptable danger, (3) that forcing such a person to treat my kids will only exacerbate their bigotry and make them worse.

So, what do we do.

My best guess - and that's all I have - is that a vast majority of doctors are not a bigot like this one. I like the fact that this made news. Perhaps instead of attacking and punishing the doctor, it would be an opportunity for us to go in the opposite direction and have some calm, rational, respectful public conversation on this issue. Perhaps if, instead of attacking and screaming at the doctor, we could find some areas of agreement and soften her stance or change her mind.

But, full disclosure, I admit that won't happen. Too many narcissists running around on both sides at this point for that. Calm, rational, respectful public conversation is now, sadly, a thing of the past.

It's great to be able to say "well, I just wouldn't want them treating my child". Okay, but what if they are the only game in town? The only doctor to save your child's life refuses to treat them because YOU, not the child, are "fill in the blank".

The couple were openly discriminated against, legally, and they shared that information on social media. People responded, rightfully, with anger and disgust over her actions. No government was involved, just people reacting to a disgusting human being using her faith as an excuse to discriminate.

Oh, good God. The old leftist bugaboo of apocalyptic hypothetical situations. What is this, "Little House on the Prairie"? "We must force everyone everywhere to conform, on the off-chance that there might be a handful of people living in the middle of nowhere with only one doctor for hundreds of miles, and no cars, and then the doctor turns out to hate [fill in the blank]!"

Yeah, whatever.

Well, as one of those people living out in the middle of no where with only life-flight as a valid emergency response, it's not hypothetical.

That's certainly YOUR choice, and in no way justifies you imposing your will on others to accommodate your choice and make it less inconvenient for you.

My advice to you, should you happen to discover the only doctor in your prairie town doesn't like you, is to make better choices of living environment.

Yes, it's my choice to live on the property thats been in my family for decades, is where I was raised and is where I want my children raised. But I should move if the only doctor in town is a bigot. Great world you want to live in.

We tried your white/straight only world...and opted for a better one.

Well, that situation would certainly coincide with Identity Politics, in which Americans are encouraged to become more divided, but that's another issue.

I do know the following: (1) I don't want a bigot who is guided by their god above science treating my kids, (2) that forcing such a person to treat my kids puts them in unacceptable danger, (3) that forcing such a person to treat my kids will only exacerbate their bigotry and make them worse.

So, what do we do.

My best guess - and that's all I have - is that a vast majority of doctors are not a bigot like this one. I like the fact that this made news. Perhaps instead of attacking and punishing the doctor, it would be an opportunity for us to go in the opposite direction and have some calm, rational, respectful public conversation on this issue. Perhaps if, instead of attacking and screaming at the doctor, we could find some areas of agreement and soften her stance or change her mind.

But, full disclosure, I admit that won't happen. Too many narcissists running around on both sides at this point for that. Calm, rational, respectful public conversation is now, sadly, a thing of the past.

It's great to be able to say "well, I just wouldn't want them treating my child". Okay, but what if they are the only game in town? The only doctor to save your child's life refuses to treat them because YOU, not the child, are "fill in the blank".

The couple were openly discriminated against, legally, and they shared that information on social media. People responded, rightfully, with anger and disgust over her actions. No government was involved, just people reacting to a disgusting human being using her faith as an excuse to discriminate.

Oh, good God. The old leftist bugaboo of apocalyptic hypothetical situations. What is this, "Little House on the Prairie"? "We must force everyone everywhere to conform, on the off-chance that there might be a handful of people living in the middle of nowhere with only one doctor for hundreds of miles, and no cars, and then the doctor turns out to hate [fill in the blank]!"

Yeah, whatever.

Well, as one of those people living out in the middle of no where with only life-flight as a valid emergency response, it's not hypothetical.

That's certainly YOUR choice, and in no way justifies you imposing your will on others to accommodate your choice and make it less inconvenient for you.

My advice to you, should you happen to discover the only doctor in your prairie town doesn't like you, is to make better choices of living environment.

Yes, it's my choice to live on the property thats been in my family for decades, is where I was raised and is where I want my children raised. But I should move if the only doctor in town is a bigot. Great world you want to live in.

Where you decide what you want in life and YOU do what's necessary to make it happen, rather than forcing others to accommodate you? It's a great world for people with a sense of conscience and personal responsibility. I guess it would suck for a lazy, spoiled asshole like you who's outraged at the idea that your life should inconvenience YOU, not other people.

What's it like, having the universe revolve around you?

Yeah, whatever.

Where you decide what you want in life and YOU do what's necessary to make it happen, rather than forcing others to accommodate you? It's a great world for people with a sense of conscience and personal responsibility. I guess it would suck for a lazy, spoiled asshole like you who's outraged at the idea that your life should inconvenience YOU, not other people.

So being treated equally in Public Accommodation with race, religion, country of origin, etc...in only a few places is "forcing accommodation"? Have you felt this way since 1964 or just recently?

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

6a00d8341c730253ef01774299ae9c970d-800wi

Yeah, whatever.

So being treated equally in Public Accommodation with race, religion, country of origin, etc...in only a few places is "forcing accommodation"? Have you felt this way since 1964 or just recently?

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

I haven't been alive since 1964. But as it happens, I have always thought that forcing people to conform to someone else's personal preference via government power is a bad thing, and to be avoided.

Yeah, whatever.

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

Psst...nobody has refused to serve the homos. They just refused to participate in their unholy rituals, the parody of our marriage of sacrament, that when bastardized by homos becomes a disgusting travesty of marriage, an affront to God, and a celebration of perverted sexual practices.

Christians are going to opt out, whether they have permission or not.

Incidentally, the couple in this case didn't bring charges.

The state did. It's a classic case of state infringement on religious liberty.

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

I haven't been alive since 1964. But as it happens, I have always thought that forcing people to conform to someone else's personal preference via government power is a bad thing, and to be avoided.
So what have you done to get rid of Title II of the CRA that requires Public Accommodation for race, religion, country of origin, etc.? Why not go after these laws at the Federal level instead of attacking state and local laws? Where are the "states rights" defenders?!?!?

I don't know if this has been covered in this thread, but:

Should the doctor be forced to see the child?

Well lets see...if the doctor refused to treat the child because her parents were black...she would be sued or "forced" to see the child. If the doctor refused to treat the child because the parents were Christians, she would be sued or "forced" to see the child. Shall I go on? If it had been any other minority, the doctor would have been "forced" to see the child. Not so with those nasty queers in Michigan. No need. Let 'em bleed.

Well, let's see. We should judge the right and wrong answer based on your personal assumptions as to what would happen in hypothetical situations, because we all know that your imaginary world is completely accurate and realistic.

Or not.

My kids are mixed-race. If the doctor I take them to indicated that he had a problem with their race, I would find a new doctor immediately. I wouldn't sue, and I sure as hell wouldn't insist on that doctor treating them against his will. I'm not entitled to have him or anyone else like me, or think what I want them to think about me. And there's no way I want someone hostile to my children having anything to do with them, much less playing a central role to their life, health, and well-being.
They didn't sue either, but the doc is an overtly religious dumb bitch for caring about the parents and not the patient.
I have no idea what the doc is. It's mystifying imo. I have to provide a professional service to people whose "lifestyles" I don't approve of all the time. It has not effect on the effort I expend. I think she said their homosexuality would affect her ability to have a patient/doc relationship. I can only assume by that she means she believes their orientation has some negative impact upon their ability to be parents, which is absurd because gays can be good or bad parents just as straights can be.

What do you expect from some of these right-wing bigoted hate-mongers.....If you ask me, she (the doctor) thought that their gayness was going to rub off on her....you know....just like legitimate rape, and God planned to bring a child to the world through rape, they are that inane.

Yeah, whatever.

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

The only reason she is acquiescing is because she approves of other types of discrimination and not saying anything is the same as approval. They want to take the country back, remember, backward.....back to the time when blacks had to drink from different fountains and go to different schools. Fearful people.....that's all they are.

So...you did make threats. I'll keep an eye on the news. I want to see your perp walk.
Nope. Telling an organization to fire someone before their business is no longer a business isn't a threat, but you're pretty fucking nuts and think that someone walking up and down the sidewalk with a sign is a threat so you have no idea what one actually is.
Actually the fact you think it's ok to terrorize people in their own homes only bolsters the point. You are a Left wing terrorist and if you aren't on the FBI radar already, it's only a matter of time.
I used to work for the dark lords. I've had an FBI file for decades. They are the ones who granted my security clearance.
Holding a security clearance at one time does not make you special, though you probably think it does. I've had one too. BFD. It won't stop an entry team from kicking down your door.
He doesn't have a security clearance. They were watching him because they thought he was the Green River Killer, before they realized he's just a stupid wannabe.
I can actually imagine him taking that as a "security clearance".

Nope. Telling an organization to fire someone before their business is no longer a business isn't a threat, but you're pretty fucking nuts and think that someone walking up and down the sidewalk with a sign is a threat so you have no idea what one actually is.
Actually the fact you think it's ok to terrorize people in their own homes only bolsters the point. You are a Left wing terrorist and if you aren't on the FBI radar already, it's only a matter of time.
I used to work for the dark lords. I've had an FBI file for decades. They are the ones who granted my security clearance.
Holding a security clearance at one time does not make you special, though you probably think it does. I've had one too. BFD. It won't stop an entry team from kicking down your door.
He doesn't have a security clearance. They were watching him because they thought he was the Green River Killer, before they realized he's just a stupid wannabe.
I can actually imagine him taking that as a "security clearance".
And that is the kind of thing that makes you a loon.

Yeah, whatever.

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

Discriminating against people because of their skin color is wrong.

Discriminating against people because they are sexual perverts is as right as rain.

Or so 3,000 of Judeo-Christian tradition and teachings inform us.

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

Discriminating against people because they are sexual perverts is as right as rain.

Turning lifestyle choice into a "civil right" was quite a feat for the Left. It's actually impressive. They can now retort to any opposition with, "You are anti equal rights."

Nobody ever accused Satan of being stupid.

Last edited:

So, what do we do.

Yeah, whatever.

Or perhaps modify your behavior so professionals who meet you for the first time are not subjected to having to hear about your sex life, or think about it.

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT.

If you want to be a queer, be queer. But don't bring it into every single freaking conversation and expect people to hand you a rainbow ribbon or something. Cripes.
Exactly. Why is it every gay person and for that matter vegan makes it a point to tell me about it? I have never met someone who started a conversation with 'Hello I eat steak and pussy'.

If I knew that a medical practitioner had some kind of personal animus towards me, regardless of the subject or foundation of the animus, there's no way in hell I would want them anywhere near me.

Much less my child.

Plenty of other fish in the sea.

Additionally, I would definitely want that practitioner to be able to express their animus towards me so that I knew it existed. Better that, than to wonder if I or my child were receiving their best efforts.

Last edited:

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

Funny, the racist used your same bible to argue that slavery, segregation and anti miscegenation were "right as rain" too.

I say you're both wrong and the law says you can't use your religion to discriminate in Public Accommodation.

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

Turning lifestyle choice into a "civil right" was quite a feat for the Left. It's actually impressive. They can now retort to any opposition with, "You are anti equal rights."

Nobody ever accused Satan of being stupid.

Religion is a protected civil right. There is no more a "lifestyle choice" than religion.

Yeah, whatever.

Or perhaps modify your behavior so professionals who meet you for the first time are not subjected to having to hear about your sex life, or think about it.

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT.

If you want to be a queer, be queer. But don't bring it into every single freaking conversation and expect people to hand you a rainbow ribbon or something. Cripes.
Exactly. Why is it every gay person and for that matter vegan makes it a point to tell me about it? I have never met someone who started a conversation with 'Hello I eat steak and pussy'.

Gay people don't start their conversations with their sexual orientation either. I know I've never told anyone who didn't ask what my "husband did for a living".

BS. They do it all the time.

:lol: No, they don't. You've never had someone walk up to you and introduce themselves as gay...unless that was their name. Stop making things up.

If we hold hands with our spouses, we aren't "flaunting it". If we introduce you to our spouse AS our spouse...not flaunting it.

Gay people usually don't have to tell anyone outside their families unless someone asks or assumes heterosexuality.

Yeah, whatever.

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT.

Gay people don't start their conversations with their sexual orientation either. I know I've never told anyone who didn't ask what my "husband did for a living".

Right. The loud metrosexual clothing, hairstyle, accent, gait, and mannerisms isn't starting a conversation. I heard one of you compare gays to redheads, that redheads aren't abnormal just because they're in the minority. It got me thinking that redheads don't create an entire personality and lifestyle based on their hair color. They don't demand special rights, sue people for not baking them a cake, or in any other way shove their unique trait into people's faces. It occurs to me how that analogy breaks down from many different angles.

Forum List

Back