Lesbian Wedding Blues

If you don’t approve of the couple using your wedding venue….you just keep your mouth shut

Same situation applies to mix race couples, interfaith couples, couples getting remarried.

Do they send letters to other couples they don’t approve of?
That's one solution. Assure the happy couple that the owners of the venue will attend and be happy to participate and then not show up.

Read the link. The owners rented the barn with no problem whatsoever. It was only when they sent the email that they would not be attending or participating that there was a complaint.
I did read it

I did not see anything about them attending or not. Just that they were required by law to rent to the couple but that they disapprove of the union.

It is none of their business

If it is a mixed race couple, mixed religion, couple with children outside of marriage……I don’t care what your religion says
Keep your mouth shut

I did read it

I did not see anything about them attending or not. Just that they were required by law to rent to the couple but that they disapprove of the union.

It is none of their business

If it is a mixed race couple, mixed religion, couple with children outside of marriage……I don’t care what your religion says
Keep your mouth shut
Was this couple in any way prevented from the use of the barn? If not they are the ones who should keep their mouths shut.

Was this couple in any way prevented from the use of the barn? If not they are the ones who should keep their mouths shut.
Why should they?

The letter was inappropriate. If they want to stand by their Christian beliefs, let them send similar letters to couples who have had children before their marriage, to couples marrying outside their faiths.

They only seem morally outraged by same sex couples

Marriage celebrations are so overblown. If I did it again I wouldn't do the church thing nor the reception after. It's selfish. Just sign the papers good enough. It's an institution that is meaning less and less.
This is the kind of response and ignorant observation that helps perpetuate problems.
The diminishing of marriage is responsible for the decaying of the society and culture.
Out of wedlock births lead to failing schools and crime. Empirical.

Why should they?

The letter was inappropriate. If they want to stand by their Christian beliefs, let them send similar letters to couples who have had children before their marriage, to couples marrying outside their faiths.

They only seem morally outraged by same sex couples
They are entitled to be outraged by anything they want. The couple is paying for the barn for their wedding. They are getting the barn for their wedding. They are not entitled to personal approval.

This puts the lie to all we want is a cake. Just sell us flowers. Just take the photographs. Just rent us the barn. None of that was ever true.

(1) I wish those two young ladies a wonderful wedding (at another venue that is more welcoming and deserving of their money).

(2) As an 86-year-old, I am reminded each morning on which I happen to wake up that life is very short.

(3) So I hope those young ladies have found the right person with whom to grow old together.
Just leave everyone else out of it, don’t make us subsidize them and don’t let them steal someone else’s baby so they can play house and contribute to the demise of the society.

This poor traumatized couple. They imagined the perfect wedding at the perfect barn. Then found that the religious owners were happy to rent the venue but their religion prevented them from attending or participating. The couple is crushed and in tears.

If they sued, I cannot imagine on what basis. They are getting the venue that they want.
I think it is fitting that they get married in a barn.

They are entitled to be outraged by anything they want. The couple is paying for the barn for their wedding. They are getting the barn for their wedding. They are not entitled to personal approval.

This puts the lie to all we want is a cake. Just sell us flowers. Just take the photographs. Just rent us the barn. None of that was ever true.

Yes, they are entitled to their opinion and the wedding couple is entitled to post it for all to see.

Forum List

Back