Legalize It.

You guys aren't thinking clearly. If pot is legalized just think about it. They will control the types that are available. How potent the weed is or isn't. Could you imagine if they treated pot like tabaco and add a bunch of different chemicals into a joint. Yes you get a pack of joints from the store but it is weak, laced with chemicals, and what if they decide to filter them!!

-Chuckles- Sure weed is then legal but is it worth it?

yea...if it is legal i can grow my own.....end of debate

You guys aren't thinking clearly. If pot is legalized just think about it. They will control the types that are available. How potent the weed is or isn't. Could you imagine if they treated pot like tabaco and add a bunch of different chemicals into a joint. Yes you get a pack of joints from the store but it is weak, laced with chemicals, and what if they decide to filter them!!

Until all those Mexican illegals rip you off. :lol:

Until all those Mexican illegals rip you off. :lol:

they dont have to be illegal to do that....nor Mexican.....

You're right. If more people smoked weed instead of drank alcohol the world would be a safer place, but not as safe as the unrealistic scenario in which nobody does either.

That wasn't my point. The post I was responding to was saying we should allow morons to kill themselves with their drugs. Use natural selection to weed out the idiots and those without morals and use ALL drugs as the tool to do so.

I was making a point that some of those are truly dangerous and shared a story where alcohol alone was enough to ruin the life of some truly good people. Weed isn't as bad as some others, that might be true, but the idea of legalizing it all while hillarious, was one that would impact the innocent as well.

I personally don't care if people smoke pot in the privacy of their home. I don't care if you snort cocaine or shoot up heroine or whatever. Just don't introduce it to my child, don't try to force it on me, and don't leave your house while high for any reason because an innocent child or family shouldn't have to pay for your mistakes.

It should have never been made illegal in the first place, it started at the beginning of the big government era that conservatives,Libertarians,Constitutionalists and others preach against, why is this ok but not alcohol? Now I can't even go to Walgreens and get a box of cold medicine with Methamphetamine in it and a bill is now in Congress that will regulate small plot farmers out of business. Why do people support "Uncle Sammy" telling them that their body basically belongs to government, why do I need someone's permission to use a drug, I'm 47 years old for crying out loud!

Good point.

That's exactly why I keep insisting it should be DEcriminalized.

If they legalize it, all they're doing will be turning the crime from possession or distribution into tax evasion.

The government no more needs to legalize it than they need to legalize tomatoes.

What the government needs to do is get it fucking nose out of my business entirely, as it regards this issue.

I must confess, I have a completely different reason why I believe all drugs, not just Mary Jane, should be legal.

It's called, Natural Selection. We should turn the whole world into a self cleaning oven. Would solve alot of problems and greatly advance the breed. Might be messy for a generation or so, but well worth it.

Your point is hillarious and when you think about it at first seems to make sense. But much like alcohol a lot of innocent lives will be lost as well. My aunt lost a niece of her's this last month, a seven year old little girl. The girl's father and one of her sisters were in the car as well. The drunken 20 something that was driving walked away because he was drunk enough to stay limp upon impact.

I wish it was just the stupid who got hurt, but sadly enough they tend to do more damage to those around them.

Stoners are probably the safest drivers on the road, honey.

Your imagining that stoners are anything remotely like alcohol drunk drivers indicates that you know absolutely nothing about this subject.

Your point is hillarious and when you think about it at first seems to make sense. But much like alcohol a lot of innocent lives will be lost as well. My aunt lost a niece of her's this last month, a seven year old little girl. The girl's father and one of her sisters were in the car as well. The drunken 20 something that was driving walked away because he was drunk enough to stay limp upon impact.

I wish it was just the stupid who got hurt, but sadly enough they tend to do more damage to those around them.

Your imagining that stoners are anything remotely like alcohol drunk drivers indicates that you know absolutely nothing about this subject.

well my friends and i back in the day would be driving everywhere after smoking the stuff,and as far as i know,none of us were ever in a wreck or got pulled over while stoned,now drunk,we would not drive,the loadees would do the driving.....NOW i would not drive stoned.....i would have to wait a few hours....

Good point.

That's exactly why I keep insisting it should be DEcriminalized.

If they legalize it, all they're doing will be turning the crime from possession or distribution into tax evasion.

The government no more needs to legalize it than they need to legalize tomatoes.

What the government needs to do is get it fucking nose out of my business entirely, as it regards this issue.

tomatoes are legal:eusa_eh:

When I smoked, about the only thing I'd destroy is a pack of ding dongs or a Whopper with cheese, it's illegal because it just isn't as socially acceptable to the powers that be as alcohol is. If stoners voted and were as well organized as say seniors and AARP, it might would become legal, another generation or so perhaps, IF we are not totalitarian by then.

I must confess, I have a completely different reason why I believe all drugs, not just Mary Jane, should be legal.

It's called, Natural Selection. We should turn the whole world into a self cleaning oven. Would solve alot of problems and greatly advance the breed. Might be messy for a generation or so, but well worth it.

If you reread the post I was responding to Midnight said ALL drugs. Again I was getting at the idea that though it would be great to have people who were into hard cores just kill each other off they would also hurt innocent people around them, and that wasn't right.

How's this for a black helicopter theory...

The reason marijuana is illegal is because it's illegality is precisely what makes it an extraordinarily effective tool for controlling a large segment of the masses. A LOT of otherwise law abiding citizens get high. And they are far less likely to cause any kind of trouble because they're afraid of getting busted for weed.

When I smoked, about the only thing I'd destroy is a pack of ding dongs AND a DOUBLE Whopper with cheese, it's illegal because it just isn't as socially acceptable to the powers that be as alcohol is. If stoners voted and were as well organized as say seniors and AARP, it might would become legal, another generation or so perhaps, IF we are not totalitarian by then.
the bolded is a fixor
:D

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Commercially, there is a trend toward more organic products and though I imagine the more financially oriented would try to dominate the market, I imagine they would have plenty of competition from more, let's say, nature-oriented groups in the Marijuana business. Not to mention that if legal, it could be grown yourself in many cases. All information I've come across indicates that it practically grows itself in warm climates. Simple gardening techniques can increase yield. Only high potency marijuana requires more than basic gardening skills. Unlike tobacco which can be a very difficult plant to grow and process.

A few other points.

I wouldn't say that marijuana cannot cause criminal behavior. I for one have never seen anyone become violent from the effects of cannabis, nor have I seen anyone have an addiction that led them to commit violence, or any criminal act other than purchasing more weed. However, this is anecdotal, and I cannot say for certainty that it representative of all cases. Typically, though, the effects of cannabis do tend to make people feel calm and mellow, sometimes lethargic- but I have known people who became very hyperactive when they were high. (Usually led to furious house-cleaning: not a bad thing in college)

I have seen functional stoners who "wake and bake" and basically stay high all day, every day. Many of them were employed in very good jobs making well above median salary, and by all accounts were competent or even excelled in their professions. I have also seen stoners who barely seemed coherent and couldn't seem to form a complete sentence. They were burned out and unemployed. Most often I've just known people who were casual users, who did it on weekends or when together with friends (a bit like social drinking). As a matter of fact, many casual users smoked it precisely because they wanted to be productive the next day and alcohol always made them feel shitty (even if not completely hung over).

I understand the comments about stoned driving. There does seem to be a common experience with stoned people driving very slowly and hypercautiously. However, I think this is more likely because they are stoned and paranoid they are going to have an accident, and it doesn't eliminate the probability that their reflexes are slowed. It may be safer if they are driving slow and cautiously, but any sudden unexpected event, I doubt the stoned driver would be at an advantage over a driver who was straight. I think a study a few years back actually had results that backed this up. (The stoned drivers actually scored higher on driving tests) but I would still support DUI laws being inclusive of driving while stoned. The thought of someone driving while high makes me very uneasy, if nothing else because it often makes people sleepy.

Forum List

Back