Legalize It.

Feb 18, 2009
Richmond, VA
With the way last years election went it has got me thinking of the possible legalization of Marijuana for recreational use. Since Obama has been put into office and majority of congress is democrati,due to the circumstances, does anyone think that taxing legal marijuana could be a big possibility? My opinion is that it could help pull us out of the national debt our nation entered into during the Republican reign. It is safer than alcohol and a lot less addictive and hazardous to your health. It could be a big plus if the government decides to invest in it. Any opinions or arguments?

... Since Obama has been put into office and majority of congress is democrati,due to the circumstances, does anyone think that taxing legal marijuana could be a big possibility? ...

No. The Democrats would never risk their political careers by legalizing marijuana. They always talk like they will, but when they're in office they never do.

... Since Obama has been put into office and majority of congress is democrati,due to the circumstances, does anyone think that taxing legal marijuana could be a big possibility? ...

No. The Democrats would never risk their political careers by legalizing marijuana. They always talk like they will, but when they're in office they never do.

Actually, they really want to, but then they take a couple of tokes and say, "Aw, the hell with it."

Actually, they really want to, but then they take a couple of tokes and say, "Aw, the hell with it."

hahaha

With the way last years election went it has got me thinking of the possible legalization of Marijuana for recreational use. Since Obama has been put into office and majority of congress is democrati,due to the circumstances, does anyone think that taxing legal marijuana could be a big possibility? My opinion is that it could help pull us out of the national debt our nation entered into during the Republican reign. It is safer than alcohol and a lot less addictive and hazardous to your health. It could be a big plus if the government decides to invest in it. Any opinions or arguments?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. One drug leads to another drug and yet another. You'll have pot heads and crack addicts all over the streets EVERYWHERE. Not only should they INCREASE the penalties for drug use, but they should also make tobacco illegal. No more smoking ciggerettes. You have any idea how many people die from lung cancer every year because the manufacturer of the product specifically creates it just so you'll be addicted to it? No other product is like that in the world! Shut down ALL drug use! People need to stop relying on drugs as their crutch and get out there into the REAL world and face their problems head on.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. One drug leads to another drug and yet another. You'll have pot heads and crack addicts all over the streets EVERYWHERE. Not only should they INCREASE the penalties for drug use, but they should also make tobacco illegal. No more smoking ciggerettes. You have any idea how many people die from lung cancer every year because the manufacturer of the product specifically creates it just so you'll be addicted to it? No other product is like that in the world! Shut down ALL drug use! People need to stop relying on drugs as their crutch and get out there into the REAL world and face their problems head on.

So you think the American people should have no say in what the consume? Well eating Mcdonalds is bad for you to. And can cause a heart attack. Should we slap on a law banning saturated fats?

Sounds like someone needs to burn a fattie and chill out. :tongue:

Sounds like someone needs to burn a fattie and chill out. :tongue:

:clap2:

Until marijuana gets as powerful a lobby as Big Alcohol, it won't happen.

We will continue to kill millions with booze and refuse to use it for even real medicinal uses.

Tightassed buttwads.:cuckoo:

You get a rep for that! I'm a bit of a radical on this subject in that I believe all drugs should be legalized. However, the government is in the business of 'protecting' us from ourselves, so that'll never happen. Thank God for a coercive and intrusive government! :lol:

Not a chance. It is a dying issue that isn't gaining any steam.

Oh yea good answer. Do you ever defend your statements?

Geeze, I didn't know you wanted charts and graphs...I thought you wanted my opinion. The reason I say that is...the big push was in the 1970's and 1980's, probably before your time. They tried again a little under Clinton, because he did smoke it, but never inhaled it. There hasn't really been a push since...so I hope you get my opinion now...sorry couldn't find any charts or graphs.
PS Can you put me down twice on your list????

Not a chance. It is a dying issue that isn't gaining any steam.

Geeze, I didn't know you wanted charts and graphs...I thought you wanted my opinion. The reason I say that is...the big push was in the 1970's and 1980's, probably before your time. They tried again a little under Clinton, because he did smoke it, but never inhaled it. There hasn't really been a push since...so I hope you get my opinion now...sorry couldn't find any charts or graphs.

No no i didnt ask you to provide me with charts and graphs. Don't think that now. All i was saying is that you cant just say "because" and expect your point to be valid. And yes ill add you four more times.

Unfortunately, no.

No no i didnt ask you to provide me with charts and graphs. Don't think that now. All i was saying is that you cant just say "because" and expect your point to be valid. And yes ill add you four more times.

umm, In my first post on this thread..I didn't say "because". I thought I answered the question quite clearly.

So in that case, we should make alcohol illegal. Alcohol is much more addictive and obviously leads to other drug use. BTW, we already have pot heads and crack addicts all over the streets everywhere. The arguments against marijuana are absurd, and it's costing us a fortune just trying to enforce the laws on the books, which results in no change.

BTW, poor Democrats aren't the only ones who smoke the shit.

Why in the world should the government have the authority to tell people what to do with their own bodies? If people want to smoke weed why do you care? It doesn't effect you at all.

Forum List

Back