Legalize discrimination for same sex weddings

No, you would rather live in a society where government punishes you for Thought Crime then.

You're telling me what I think.... you don't know me.

I know what you are typing, and it reeks of Though Police.

Well you tell me what "Though Police" is..... then explain what you're saying.

Well if you don't want to live in a society where bigotry or stupidity is encouraged, you want to,live in one where it is discouraged. Currently people and government just can't seem to let people live their lives, so you have to choose one.

and when you actively discourage bigotry and "stupidity" (which can be defined as anything) you are trying to impact how people think, and thus the Thought Police line.

Thought police? It's a strange thing you're suggesting.

A baby is born without opinions on things. Opinions are developed and they're developed through education, through interaction with others. Their thoughts are never going to be their own, they're a product of their society.
If you actually just let kids do what they want, then boys would turn into aggressive violent beings. We don't want that and we don't accept that. We have laws against that. So you're talking about this so called "thought police" and yet the US already has it in place with laws, like against murder, against beating people up etc.

To give an example of what you call "thought police" and I call sensible teaching of kids how to think in a manner which is beneficial for society I'm going to point to Germany. Germany is a very special case unlike many others (Korea being an example that's kind of different and hasn't reached the point where Germany's at).

At the end of WW2 Germany was split into 4 parts, French, British, American and Soviet zones. Then Germany being one nation was out of the question and the wall was built.
The US was big behind a de-nazification program, well, up until they realized that Nazis made good anti-Communists. West Germany was also made massively aware of what it had done in the war. East Germany didn't hve such a de-nazification process, the Soviets didn't care as long as you were a good Soviet or pawn, and they didn't make anyone consider their Nazi past.

So, in the modern era we see the NPD, basically Neo-Nazis trying to get around laws that ban Nazi stuff.

table-4-map-npd-membership-per-100000-test.png

This is a map of their membership. In case you forgot the Cold War, here's a map of East and West Germany.

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

Yep, the NPD's top 5 regions are all in the former East Germany. Why? Because social conditioning happened in the West and not in the East. People in the West were able to think more freely, yet they also rejected Nazism more than in the East where they were less likely to think freely.

Free thinking requires tools, like being able to make logical arguments and the like. These tools need to be learned in school. Kids need to consider things, they need to ask questions about their past, about their future, about their present. Without this they end up like many on this forum who, when asked something difficult, merely resort to attacks and insults. That's hardly free thinking.

So, you say making kids think is "thought police", perhaps when you say "thought police" you mean that you're policing them to think, and you don't like that, I don't know.

All those words, and pictures, and you didn't really answer my statement.

Well if you don't want to live in a society where bigotry or stupidity is encouraged, you want to,live in one where it is discouraged. Currently people and government just can't seem to let people live their lives, so you have to choose one.

and when you actively discourage bigotry and "stupidity" (which can be defined as anything) you are trying to impact how people think, and thus the Thought Police line.

A baby is born without opinions on things. Opinions are developed and they're developed through education, through interaction with others. Their thoughts are never going to be their own, they're a product of their society.
If you actually just let kids do what they want, then boys would turn into aggressive violent beings. We don't want that and we don't accept that. We have laws against that. So you're talking about this so called "thought police" and yet the US already has it in place with laws, like against murder, against beating people up etc.

To give an example of what you call "thought police" and I call sensible teaching of kids how to think in a manner which is beneficial for society I'm going to point to Germany. Germany is a very special case unlike many others (Korea being an example that's kind of different and hasn't reached the point where Germany's at).

At the end of WW2 Germany was split into 4 parts, French, British, American and Soviet zones. Then Germany being one nation was out of the question and the wall was built.
The US was big behind a de-nazification program, well, up until they realized that Nazis made good anti-Communists. West Germany was also made massively aware of what it had done in the war. East Germany didn't hve such a de-nazification process, the Soviets didn't care as long as you were a good Soviet or pawn, and they didn't make anyone consider their Nazi past.

So, in the modern era we see the NPD, basically Neo-Nazis trying to get around laws that ban Nazi stuff.

This is a map of their membership. In case you forgot the Cold War, here's a map of East and West Germany.

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

Yep, the NPD's top 5 regions are all in the former East Germany. Why? Because social conditioning happened in the West and not in the East. People in the West were able to think more freely, yet they also rejected Nazism more than in the East where they were less likely to think freely.

Free thinking requires tools, like being able to make logical arguments and the like. These tools need to be learned in school. Kids need to consider things, they need to ask questions about their past, about their future, about their present. Without this they end up like many on this forum who, when asked something difficult, merely resort to attacks and insults. That's hardly free thinking.

So, you say making kids think is "thought police", perhaps when you say "thought police" you mean that you're policing them to think, and you don't like that, I don't know.

That's because you answer questions, not statements. You wrote a statement, I replied. You didn't bother replying to what I said..... go figure.

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

That's because you answer questions, not statements. You wrote a statement, I replied. You didn't bother replying to what I said..... go figure.

Sorry, "walls o text" usually mean someone is hiding a vapid response in masses of letters.

Operate under the KISS principle when responding on these boards, if not, then TL;DR

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

Sorry, "walls o text" usually mean someone is hiding a vapid response in masses of letters.

Operate under the KISS principle when responding on these boards, if not, then TL;DR

Fine, you don't do more than simple soundbites. It's okay, not everyone has grade 1 reading level, it's not your fault.

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

Fine, you don't do more than simple soundbites. It's okay, not everyone has grade 1 reading level, it's not your fault.

because your reply was a wall of text tangent on what was actually being discussed.

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

because your reply was a wall of text tangent on what was actually being discussed.

And your reply was empty space, why the fuck did you bother replying again? Or were you able to read to the bottom so felt happy?

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

And your reply was empty space, why the fuck did you bother replying again? Or were you able to read to the bottom so felt happy?

I would prefer that you answer my original statement with a nice short response. Not WALL OF TEXT.

Text walls are lazy ways to end the discussion by inciting boredom.

Mapcolora_edited-1.png

I would prefer that you answer my original statement with a nice short response. Not WALL OF TEXT.

Oh, right, so, you don't come on here to discuss, you come on here for entertainment. Got it. I'm not interested in people who come on here because it's a choice between that and porn, and they got bored of porn so they just want nice short, sharp soundbites they can throw at each other.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

Right, I'm done with you, I'm not wasting more time on someone who's looking at me as a source of fucking entertainment. Go watch Trump or something.

Oh, right, so, you don't come on here to discuss, you come on here for entertainment. Got it. I'm not interested in people who come on here because it's a choice between that and porn, and they got bored of porn so they just want nice short, sharp soundbites they can throw at each other.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

Right, I'm done with you, I'm not wasting more time on someone who's looking at me as a source of fucking entertainment. Go watch Trump or something.

I just prefer my debates to be to the point, each item discussed as succinctly as possible. To me this is background stuff when I'm doing other things, like a sorbet to clear the palate.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

I just prefer my debates to be to the point, each item discussed as succinctly as possible. To me this is background stuff when I'm doing other things, like a sorbet to clear the palate.

Got it.You are a right winger, so if it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker, you don't think it matters.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

Fine, that's your way, then I suggest you keep away from me. I don't believe you can explain many things in short sharp sentences, most of the time I do this and people will either deliberately twist what I said, or interpret it badly.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

Got it.You are a right winger, so if it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker, you don't think it matters.

No, i just don't equate walls of text with competence or even understanding. To me, the more a person types, the more they are trying to hide something.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

Fine, that's your way, then I suggest you keep away from me. I don't believe you can explain many things in short sharp sentences, most of the time I do this and people will either deliberately twist what I said, or interpret it badly.

Just stop replying to my posts then. You are the one with the issue, not me.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

No, i just don't equate walls of text with competence or even understanding. To me, the more a person types, the more they are trying to hide something.

Good for you. Like I said, if I feel the need to type lots, I will. You can't be bothered, then keep away from me and go hang around with the simpletons and their soundbites.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

Good for you. Like I said, if I feel the need to type lots, I will. You can't be bothered, then keep away from me and go hang around with the simpletons and their soundbites.

I'll respond to whatever I feel like. if you can't handle it, put me on ignore, or just don't reply.

Again, you have the issue, not me.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

Just stop replying to my posts then. You are the one with the issue, not me.

Seems to be you the one with the issue of not wanting to read more than a soundbite, actually. Maybe you forgot.

I HAVE A BRAIN.

I'll respond to whatever I feel like. if you can't handle it, put me on ignore, or just don't reply.

Then respond to whoever you like, but quit complaining when someone writes more than you can read.

Then respond to whoever you like, but quit complaining when someone writes more than you can read.

Ok then.

Discriminating against providing services for same sex weddings should be legal, with the stipulation that businesses must conspicuously provide notice on their physical storefronts and websites. This solution should be preferred by both conservatives and liberals alike.

I'm a wedding professional and the three most common questions prospective clients ask me (in order) are the following:

Are you available on this date?
What is your price?
Do you serve same sex weddings?

I am more than happy to provide service to same sex couples. I probably lose 1 prospect a month because of the first question. I lose 2-3 prospects a month because of my answer to the second question. I have never lost a booking because of my answer to the third question. Willingness to serve same sex couples has become the single most ubiquitous expectation among engaged couples in the market for wedding services. Approximately 75% of today's client market will refuse to do business with a vendor who is unwilling to serve same sex couples; though most report that they did not think to ask most of their vendors.

So let's let the money do the speaking.

I agree, but I would expand it to say they can discriminate against anyone, they just need to disclose it in the same way. So the question's should be:

Are you available on this date?
What is your price?
What is your discrimination policy?

If they say they don't discriminate, they are held legally to that standard. As long as they disclose it, they can discriminate against gays, Muslims, straights, Christians, Baptists, left handed, soda jerks, whatever. Then the market can decide who they want to deal with

Forum List

Back