Left Wing Predictions that have been proven wrong

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
In this thread, you post any and all Left Wing predictions that have been proven wrong... keep posting as they happen.

- The tens of thousands of American casualties in both Iraq wars

- The "imminent" indictment of Karl Rove

-- In the 1960s, Paul Ehrlich and others predicted tens of millions of people around the world would soon starve to death as a result of overpopulation. It didn't happen, and global fertility rates are now so low (and still falling steadily), that some demographers forecast a decline in world population beginning as soon as 2050.

-- In the 1970s, Americans were warned an "energy crisis" meant the world would soon run out of oil. Three decades later, no one predicts exhaustion of the petroleum supply --? ever.

-- In the 1980s, liberals said evil warmonger Ronald Reagan was on the verge of provoking World War III, with "nuclear winter" wreaking havoc on the planet as a result of the impending thermonuclear holocaust. Didn't happen. The Soviet Union folded like a cheap suit.

-- In the 1990s, liberals screamed that poor children would starve to death because of welfare reform and Republicans' "draconian" cuts in social programs. Fast forward to 2005: experts now warn of an obesity epidemic among poor children.

-- After the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, experts rushed to warn Americans of the dangers of right-wing militias --? soon, hordes of gun-toting wackos would goose-step down Main Street. Never happened. The supposedly large and growing "militia movement" turned out to be a handful of kooks in camouflage.

KarlMarx said:
In this thread, you post any and all Left Wing predictions that have been proven wrong... keep posting as they happen.

- The tens of thousands of American casualties in both Iraq wars

- The "imminent" indictment of Karl Rove

-- In the 1960s, Paul Ehrlich and others predicted tens of millions of people around the world would soon starve to death as a result of overpopulation. It didn't happen, and global fertility rates are now so low (and still falling steadily), that some demographers forecast a decline in world population beginning as soon as 2050.

-- In the 1970s, Americans were warned an "energy crisis" meant the world would soon run out of oil. Three decades later, no one predicts exhaustion of the petroleum supply --? ever.

-- In the 1980s, liberals said evil warmonger Ronald Reagan was on the verge of provoking World War III, with "nuclear winter" wreaking havoc on the planet as a result of the impending thermonuclear holocaust. Didn't happen. The Soviet Union folded like a cheap suit.

-- In the 1990s, liberals screamed that poor children would starve to death because of welfare reform and Republicans' "draconian" cuts in social programs. Fast forward to 2005: experts now warn of an obesity epidemic among poor children.

-- After the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, experts rushed to warn Americans of the dangers of right-wing militias --? soon, hordes of gun-toting wackos would goose-step down Main Street. Never happened. The supposedly large and growing "militia movement" turned out to be a handful of kooks in camouflage.

That last one sounds like a liberal mentality. Fear the militia that wants to overthrow your corrupt government of liberal politicians but embrace the splendor that is Islam and ignore the warnings that it sends you.

When it comes to Islam and Muslims in general, I think the libs believe they can control the "bad behavior" through legislation; after all , they are making vast progress in controlling or restricting the bad things people do (smoking, praying in schools, God in public places, drilling for oil are all "bad things" and now controlled by legislation, for example).

Add to the list "This is the worst economy since Herbert Hoover and the Depression." Some still proclaim this even though the unemployment rate dropped to a record low 4.6% last month.

Yes, libs have said some pretty stupid shit, so have conservatives. What exactly is your point, or is this just pointless lib bashing?

deaddude said:
Yes, libs have said some pretty stupid shit, so have conservatives. What exactly is your point, or is this just pointless lib bashing?

Oh, it has a point... it makes them feel like they've "won" something. They run out and find some tired old piece of tripe and slap it up on a message board and it makes them feel like they're Kings of the World!

To that I only have one thing to say...

"We know where [the weapons of mass destruction] are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat."

dmp said:
Because it's mostly liberals. :)

Yeah - what would qualify as a dire, nonsensical conservative prediction? Let's see - how about:

"Having a president who can barely be bothered to pull his johnson out of some piglet's yap long enough to bomb an aspirin factory is going to embolden our enemies"?

No - that won't work...

jasendorf said:
Oh, it has a point... it makes them feel like they've "won" something. They run out and find some tired old piece of tripe and slap it up on a message board and it makes them feel like they're Kings of the World!

"We know where [the weapons of mass destruction] are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat."

Sometimes, the traits we dislike in others mirror traits in ourselves that we dislike. Or, I'm rubber and your glue.....you know the rest.

Hey both parties have made some stupid predictions...

"We will be welcomed into Iraq as liberators"

So what?

Rook said:

So what?

You're kind of missing the point, is what. At issue here are moronic, dire predictions of gloom and doom if "the other side gets into power'. Got any of those from conservatives (that haven't come true, I mean)?

The libs said the tax cuts would destroy the economy
Hey, if this is what libs call destrying the economy - give me more!!

jasendorf said:

Is it even conceivable in your miniscule intellect that they were moved? Why do libs always give the benefit of the doubt to the enemy? Balance? Fairness? Honesty?

No. It's duplicitious and hateful anti-americanism. Libs will sell their own nation down the toilet so our enemies will love them. How noble.

rtwngAvngr said:
Is it even conceivable in your miniscule intellect that they were moved? Why do libs always give the benefit of the doubt to the enemy? Balance? Fairness? Honesty?

No. It's duplicitious and hateful anti-americanism. Libs will sell their own nation down the toilet so our enemies will love them. How noble.

To be a liberal you must feel guilty about living in America. You are here by an accident of birth.
To a liberal, it is not fair America is the biggest and best nation in the world. It is not fair we are the richest nation.
To try and cope with this guilt, libs never miss a chance to bash and demean America

red states rule said:
To a liberal, it is not fair America is the biggest and best nation in the world. It is not fair we are the richest nation.

No, I can't tell you how happy I am to be in this country... so proud of it that I've served it for 18 years...

But, being the biggest and the best comes with some responsibility... some responsibility to not step on the throats of everyone else just because we can.

jasendorf said:
No, I can't tell you how happy I am to be in this country... so proud of it that I've served it for 18 years...

But, being the biggest and the best comes with some responsibility... some responsibility to not step on the throats of everyone else just because we can.

Thank you for your service. It is because of vets like you we are the biggets and best nation
We are a responsible nation. we are killing those who would kill us
I found this in another chat room. It is fitting for this thread

Things that make you think a little:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January.
In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the
month of January. That's just one American city,
about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't
have started this war, state the following:

a. FDR led us into World War II.

b. Germany never attacked us ; Japan did.
>From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ...
an average of 112,500 per year.

c. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea.
North Korea never attacked us ..
>From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ...
an average of 18,334 per year.

d John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

e. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
>From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost ..
an average of 5,800 per year.

f. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent.
Bosnia never attacked us .
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three
times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on
multiple occasions.

g. In the years since terrorists attacked us , President Bush
has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled
al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya , Iran, and, North
Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who
slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining
about how long the war is taking.
But
It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno
to take the Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51-day operation..

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons
in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find
the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the
Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard
than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his
Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took
to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB!
The Military morale is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant
to realize the facts

But Wait .

There's more!

JOHN GLENN (ON THE SENATE FLOOR)
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:13

Some people still don't understand why military personnel
do what they do for a living. This exchange between
Senators John Glenn and Senator Howard Metzenbaum
is worth reading. Not only is it a pretty impressive
impromptu speech, but it's also a good example of one
man's explanation of why men and women in the armed
services do what they do for a living.

This IS a typical, though sad, example of what
some who have never served think of the military.

Senator Metzenbaum (speaking to Senator Glenn):
"How can you run for Senate
when you've never held a real job?"

Senator Glenn (D-Ohio):
"I served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps.
I served through two wars. I flew 149 missions.
My plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire on 12 different
occasions. I was in the space program. It wasn't my
checkbook, Howard; it was my life on the line. It was
not a nine-to-five job, where I took time off to take the
daily cash receipts to the bank."

"I ask you to go with me ... as I went the other day...
to a veteran's hospital and look those men ...
with their mangled bodies . in the eye, and tell THEM
they didn't hold a job!

You go with me to the Space Program at NASA
and go, as I have gone, to the widows and Orphans
of Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee...
and you look those kids in the eye and tell them
that their DADS didn't hold a job.

You go with me on Memorial Day and you stand in
Arlington National Cemetery , where I have more friends
buried than I'd like to remember, and you watch
those waving flags.

You stand there, and you think about this nation,
and you tell ME that those people didn't have a job?

What about you?"

For those who don't remember .
During W.W.II, Howard Metzenbaum was an attorney
representing the Communist Party in the USA.

Now he's a Senator!

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran.

It might not be a bad idea to keep this circulating

Rook said:

So what?

We were welcome to Iraq as liberators. You did see them pull down those statues didnt you? They werent exactly fighting to keep them up.

The fact that terrorist dont see us as liberators is irrelevant to the fact that Iraqis did.

red states rule said:
The libs said the tax cuts would destroy the economy
Hey, if this is what libs call destrying the economy - give me more!!

I agree lets competely destroy the economy. Lets limit taxes to 10% rather then the 39% they are at now.

Forum List

Back