left controled media

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
  3. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Actually, i think the mainstream media are acting out of self-interest. As liberalism dies, they become increasingly irrelevant.

4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    their finding out cable new(fox especially) is the death to them. :bye1:

5. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    In another era (pre-Fox News, pre-internet), John Kerry's lies and distortions would have passed unchallenged. It's a whole new day!

6. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Bias what Bias? AP provides the info for many news outlets. When they lie, watch it spread:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/007712.php

(Links a plenty in this story)

The Associated Press Makes It Up

I've long said that the Associated Press is the nation's worst source of media bias. But this one, frankly, blows me away. It was first noted, I think, by Freepers and followed up on by Swimming Through the Spin, linked to by InstaPundit.

The AP ran this story:

WEST ALLIS, Wis. - President Bush (news - web sites) on Friday wished Bill Clinton (news - web sites) "best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery." "He's is in our thoughts and prayers," Bush said at a campaign rally. Bush's audience of thousands in West Allis, Wis., booed. Bush did nothing to stop them.Bush offered his wishes while campaigning one day after accepting the presidential nomination at the Republican National Convention in New York. Clinton was hospitalized in New York after complaining of mild chest pain and shortness of breath. Bush recently praised Clinton when the former president went to the White House for the unveiling of his official portrait. He lauded Clinton for his knowledge, compassion and "the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president."

A number of people who were at the rally and didn't hear any boos sent angry emails to the AP, which resulted in a rewrite of the story. If you follow the link to the original story, this is what you get. Nothing.

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    This just makes me want to puke. Imagine the nonstop roar of outrage if a Fox reporter had done 1/100 as much to John Kerry.

And, speaking of Fox, now - WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY ON THIS???!!! This is the kind of thing all of America, finally, needs to know and understand! The liberals will stop at NOTHING! Only when Americans, at long last, comprehend the DEPRAVITY of these bastards will they be forever consigned to the cesspool they have made.

8. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    I have to admit that I am pretty tired of the whole Vietnam swiftboat issue. Of course, I am concerned when there are serious questions about person's service record that also wants to be the Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces.

Not to trivialize the matter, but I think that there are bigger fish to fry....namely

1. The war on terror - let's admit it folks, if we lose this one, it is goodbye Western Civilization. Bush is willing to fight it, Kerry is willing to make a political issue out of it. Which one would you prefer having the reigns of government in his hands?

2. The economy - the president really doesn't play a major role in the economy...let's face it the market is ruled by no one. However, the current president is going to push to make the tax cut that was passed during his watch permanent. Kerry wants to repeal it. Considering the economic consequences, which one would you rather have running things?

3. The Supreme Court - sometime in the next few years, one or two Supreme Court justices are going to retire. That means that the next president will get to choose one or two new justices to the highest court in the land. Considering that many recent decisions that have been handed down passed by one vote, with the court split....which way would you want the court to go? Further Left or to the Right? This one issue will have effects that last for more than a generation.

Personally, I'd like to see a lot of things change...but Ronald Reagan isn't president any longer.

I'd like to see government shrunk, except for homeland security and defense. If the DoD was expected to do more with less in the Clinton years, then let's do the same with other branches of government and let's get leaders who will consider privatizing some government services.

I'd like to see judges appointed to the bench that are strict constructionists, which will help to end the rule of lawyers in this country

I'd like to see the end of Campaign Finance Reform, which is nothing more than an assault on First Amendment freedoms

I'd like to see the tax cut not only made permanent but expanded to its original figure (1.3 trillion dollars instead of the current 300 billion)

I'd like to see the issue of illegal immigrants dealt with. Send them back, enforce and strengthen our borders.

9. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Every time something happens and the media (which doesn't have a liberal slant at all, no) has no valid way to spin it for Kerry, they dig up the rotting corpse of the National Guard story and start beating it again. It's been a tough month or so for the media. Kerry had to admit lying about Cambodia, which they were able to bury pretty successfully. Then one of his people said that one of his Purple Hearts might have come from a self inflicted wound, which they were also pretty good at burying. The GOP convention, quite appropriately, was an elephant in the room for the Kerry loving media. Anything they tried was ignored or shunned, plus the fact that another hurricane was closing in on Florida and Clinton might die made it difficult to push much of anything else. So, in desperation, they go back to the old reliable. Problem is, even this has lost it's steam. People are tired of hearing about it and are concerned with things other than National Guard duty at a time when the Vietnam War was all but over.

10. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Oh, I don't disagree with you, Karl. But what's got me riled up is the link Jihadthis posted, about a story filed by an AP reporter which was an outright lie. The average American is blissfully unaware that this kind of thing goes on, and that's got to change.

President Bush, to his everlasting credit, has run a dignified, issues-oriented campaign in the midst of all this lunacy, don't you think?