leave it to PETA

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
German Jews Attack Vegetarian Ad Campaign
<B><i>what a bunch of sick fuckers</I></B>

BERLIN (Reuters) - An animal rights group said on Wednesday it would go ahead with a controversial advertising campaign that likens the slaughter of animals to the murder of Jews under the Nazis despite threats of a legal challenge.

Paul Spiegel, president of the Central Council of Jews, said he would ask prosecutors to raise charges of "inciting racial hatred" against vegetarian group People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for the advertisements called "Holocaust on a plate."

PETA campaign coordinator Matt Prescott said he was aware of the council's views, but added: "We are not willing to end the campaign." He said he himself was Jewish.

The posters, due to be displayed in Stuttgart from Thursday and in 11 European cities at later dates, show pictures of battery hens packed into cages next to historic pictures of emaciated Jewish inmates in Nazi concentration camp bunk beds.

Stuttgart prosecutor Eckhard Maak was quoted Wednesday as saying PETA should think twice because German law foresaw fines or up to five years in prison for anyone found guilty of belittling or denying the Holocaust.

Maak said if the campaign went ahead "then you can expect the police won't shut their eyes," according to an advance copy of an interview due to be published in Thursday's Berliner Zeitung newspaper.

Spiegel earlier told the newspaper the Jewish council would press charges if the campaign was launched. He has urged PETA to drop the "disgusting" adverts, saying they were "a violation of human dignity, especially of the Holocaust victims."

PETA officials say the posters are designed to raise public awareness of what they call the maltreatment of animals before they are slaughtered.

I had a relative who started to become a little of out touch with this sort of stuff. She claimed to be a Peta - to me she was a pita.
She did not eat meat but wore leather jackets, leather shoes and so on. It was pointed out to her and she became angry (what else is new with this sort of crowd).

Another Peta I knew would scold the day you wore a fur coat or leather - despite the fact she wore snakeshin shoes and would count on both hands the number of aborations she had suffered thorugh in her life. Makes sense? I thought so.

So there you go. Its a little hard to live your life so high on a horse and still be told you are living by the way your preach. They all seem to get angry when you point out something to them but how quick their finger rises against everyone else.

I wish BigD and SoulBrother Joyce would hate PETA instead of black people.

I can't stand PETA. It's clear they care more about getting their own name out there than actually making a difference. Example: they were protesting Mel Gibson because he owns cattle on his farm and is a Christian. Unlike every cattle farmer in the south, who is a simple, man-of-the-earth, Hindu, right? Like the Catholic League, they go after the most public issues at the time. Lots of stuff in the news about Jews, right?

peta is a pain in the ass they peta want us not to drink milk wear fur leather eat any kind of animal. dont have circuses or even train your dog. peta is ridiculous.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,65849,00.html

Protesters Protested
Finally, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, took their case against milk-drinking to an elementary school in Aberdeen, Scotland, yesterday, but they ended up being the ones protested. A PETA official and a companion dressed up as a cow found themselves surrounded by school kids who pelted them with cartons of milk for 10 minutes before they were rescued by police. Said one of the kids about the PETA protest, "This is a stupid idea. We should be encouraged to drink milk and I certainly won't stop drinking milk just because a man has dressed up as a cow outside my school."

Originally posted by Lefty Wilbury
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,65849,00.html

Protesters Protested
Finally, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, took their case against milk-drinking to an elementary school in Aberdeen, Scotland, yesterday, but they ended up being the ones protested. A PETA official and a companion dressed up as a cow found themselves surrounded by school kids who pelted them with cartons of milk for 10 minutes before they were rescued by police. Said one of the kids about the PETA protest, "This is a stupid idea. We should be encouraged to drink milk and I certainly won't stop drinking milk just because a man has dressed up as a cow outside my school."

Smart kids. They know cow sh*t when the see it!

While on the subject of Peta...I was working at a hotel that forbid the use of paper products as it kills trees. So this hotel had ensured they did not hand out those to go coffee cups ... pizza was not in a box as it normally was in this place but on a glass plate....

Here is the real laugh...they also were on a mission to conserve water because there was a water crises....so while the kitchen was busy washing all their cups and plates because they refused paper - even to go - they were crying about conserving water!

You cannot have it both ways!

As for Peta, they are a bunch of bored whiners....they have long since passed logic and are now in the Twilight Zone. You go to one of their homes and tell me that somewhere in there you will not find something from an animal? Their furnature? Their clothing? No milk no butter? Their cars do not have leather seats?
I dont think so. I am sure everyone of them are within violation of their own rules.

Forum List

Back