Lawyer Slapped With One-Week Jail Stint After Saying ‘F*** You’ to Judge in St. Louis

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A lawyer in Missouri was ordered to spend a week in jail after saying “fuck you” to a judge in St. Louis County.

Medical malpractice attorney Eugene H. Fahrenkrog Jr. stands accused of criminal contempt for using the vulgarity during a hearing regarding a 2019 medical malpractice case that was overseen by St. Louis County Circuit Judge John N. Borbonus.

In a contempt order filed on Wednesday of this week, the judge describes the scene and refers to himself in the third-person:

Holy crap.

Was it worth it?

Judge Borbonus should be thrown out of office on his ear.

Mr. Fahrenkrog is supposed to have freedom of speech in this country . If the judge had bothered to read the Constitution, he would know that.

On the one hand I understand you can't have mayhem in a court of law and saying something like this often times leads to things deteriorating but it has been ruled that cussing at a cop is free speech,

So I would have to ask what it is that makes a judge special.

Mr. Fahrenkrog is supposed to have freedom of speech in this country . If the judge had bothered to read the Constitution, he would know that.
There isnt a court in the world where this type of idiocy wont get you into trouble. he really shouldnt be practicing if hedoesnt understand the rules.

There isnt a court in the world where this type of idiocy wont get you into trouble. he really shouldnt be practicing if hedoesnt understand the rules.

For years cussing out a cop would get you in a mess also. Until that is a court ruled it free speech.

A lawyer should know better
Lack of decorum in court is not free speech

A lawyer should know better
Lack of decorum in court is not free speech

The lawyer didn't have time to refer to his thesaurus, otherwise he would have told the judge "Copulate You" and everyone would have been presumably happy.

should someone really be imprisoned because their vocabulary isn't what it should be?

Wow. Makes ya think about switching to shucky darns, don't it?

I watch that Court Cam show a lot so I consider myself an expert here. Just kidding, lol! On the show, of course you're gonna see a bunch of shenanigans, including rude talk and cussing. A lot of times a fine or a day or two in jail is handed out, but I've seen pissing matches between the judge and some so and so that got months handed to them. Invariably, those are quickly reduced though.

Regardless, that's a bunch for a simple "fuck you" that didn't even involve slurs upon the judges mother.

The lawyer didn't have time to refer to his thesaurus, otherwise he would have told the judge "Copulate You" and everyone would have been presumably happy.

should someone really be imprisoned because their vocabulary isn't what it should be?

You need a thesaurus for that?

For years cussing out a cop would get you in a mess also. Until that is a court ruled it free speech.
Yup, you can cuss the police over here. But a courtroom is different. There has to be a higher standard of behaviour. There is no reason to curse the judge because you have legal routes to get justice.
One of our MPs just got thrown out of Parliament for calling Boris Jonson a liar. Of course she was right. Everybody knows that he is a liar on a trumpian level. But she should not have phrased it like that in Parliament.

Yup, you can cuss the police over here. But a courtroom is different. There has to be a higher standard of behaviour. There is no reason to curse the judge because you have legal routes to get justice.
One of our MPs just got thrown out of Parliament for calling Boris Jonson a liar. Of course she was right. Everybody knows that he is a liar on a trumpian level. But she should not have phrased it like that in Parliament.

Couldn't stop yourself from mentioning Trump, could you?

Weakling

Forum List

Back