Lawmakers Willing to Gamble on Public Anger Over Health Care

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by WillowTree, Mar 28, 2010.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,745
    You'll learn to like it.

That's the message from White House advisers and Democratic lawmakers to Americans opposed to the health insurance overhaul signed into law last week.

And they're willing to wager that come November, Americans will have done just that.

"As people learn what's actually in the bill, that six months from now, by election time, this is going to be a plus because the parade of horribles, particularly the worry that the average middle class person has that this is going to affect them negatively, will have vanished and they'll see that it'll affect them positively in many ways, " Sen. Chuck Schumer, D.N.Y., said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

The new health care law goes into effect immediately, but many provisions won't be enacted any time soon, and while the Senate debate has ended, the public square offers a preview of the midterm campaign battle ahead.

FOXNews.com - Lawmakers Willing to Gamble on Public Anger Over Health Care

wanna freaking bet??? people are as pissed about the CF of a bill as much as they are the CF of a process..

2. Conspiracist

Conspiracist Snuggle weather rocks!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +505
    Learning to like it is not what they are betting on... Being lulled back to sleep is probly more like what they are hoping for.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,858
    They're hoping that the public won't bother to read the bill and find out what's in it - just like Congress didn't.

4. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    At this point the big government stooges will say anything.

In Chuck's case, he is somewhat famous for saying really stupid things that always turn out wrong.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Not a clue how the Dems will fare in the mid term elections thanks to this bill.

I think that the teabaggers are certain not to vote for Dems, but the question is how many people do they really represent?

As much as I don't like this bill, and am not a big fan of Obama's continuation of Bush II's policies, I dislike what the teabaggers stand for, too.

6. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    'teabaggers' are people that have nut sacks on their chins.

I'll thank you not to use that term again editec.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,757
    You can make fun of the Tea Partiers all you want to but they are here and I don't think they are going to stop protesting what the Govt, our elected offcials, are doing.

Folks are beginning to wake up to what the Govt is doing. They don't care for the bailouts, the buyoffs or the bs that went into passing this bill. They are pissed at both partys. The Dems more because they are the party in power right now. They passed this bill all on their own and completely ignored the wishs of their constituents. The taxpayers that fund all the bs they are so fond of shoving down our throats.

I believe foks are also pissed that a whole year has been wasted on the HC BS. A year that should have gone toward imporoving the economy and jobs.

This HC bill has no reform in it at all. THere is nothing to lower costs. All they did was add millions to the roles and we the taxpayers will pay the freight as always.

No wonder folks are pissed. I sure am.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  8. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Exactly, THEY know that we have long demonstrated we have short term memories concerning political decisions and events in the past. That's why we kept electing the same old crew back into office creating a society of connivers and manipulators almost solely concerned with their own agendas more than ours.

THEY, will have a rude awakening this time around, their arrogance will be their downfall., in my humble opinion.

9. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,677
    The 1965 Civil Rights bill pissed off a LOT of voters...so much so they abandoned the Democrats in droves.

10. Conspiracist

Conspiracist Snuggle weather rocks!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +505
    I hope to see an abandonment of both parties. Just tired of the majority not being represented.