Law enforcement! To protect and serve?

Police Officers, "To protect and serve". I disagree with that statement. I don't see them serving or protecting, all I see with local law enforcement is, under trained, unprofessional young adults who got picked on and bullied in high school. There is a kid who became an officer that I went to school with, and he got picked on everyday. The problem with that is, do they have a personal vendetta? The people who picked on him throughout high school, even though they were wrong for doing that, say it seems like the officer is out to get them. To me these officers that got bullied in high school seem to be trying to prove something and just causing unnecessary trouble by looking for any little thing and make it a big problem. I have see it with my own eyes.
Police officers just harass and stir up trouble. They cuss at you, treat you bad, and don't care or want to listen to what you have to say. I know people that get extremely nervous when pulled over by an officer, and they never did anything wrong. No record, no traffic violations, never been arrested, and don't have anything illegal in their car. I don't think its right that Police Officers are putting fear into innocent people. Its pretty bad when everyone trys to avoid officers, who are suppose to be there to protect and serve, and wouldn't ask them for help even if their life depended on it. You might actually need their help but afraid to call them because they will look for a reason to arrest you.
I read an article awhile back and did you know that police officers are allowed to lie to citizens? The actually go through a course to teach how to affectively lie to us? But god forbid we lie to them its a big problem.
Last thing I got to say is that it just seems like you are guilty until you are proven innocent not innocent until proven guilty.

What I personally witnessed of Police Officers on the Vegas Strip Sunday night makes you and your opinion......A PIECE OF SHIT!
That's a totally different situation. You cant come compare Cops taking down a psycho, to local cops harassing people for no reason everyday. Plus if you actually paid attention I stated not all cops behave in a way I disagree with. So you are saying that's its ok for cops to abuse the little power they have to terrorize innocent people, and to lie to the people who are suppose to trust them? For what happened on Sunday, that is a very tragic situation and if cops didn't handle it then there would be an even bigger issue. Police taking down a psycho is good, Police trying to make your life a living hell, not ok.

Easy. Refrain from doing stupid shit in front of a cop.
You are servile in your commitment to authority.

No, I'm mature and responsible to not do stupid shit. Grow up.

Police Officers, "To protect and serve". I disagree with that statement. I don't see them serving or protecting, all I see with local law enforcement is, under trained, unprofessional young adults who got picked on and bullied in high school. There is a kid who became an officer that I went to school with, and he got picked on everyday. The problem with that is, do they have a personal vendetta? The people who picked on him throughout high school, even though they were wrong for doing that, say it seems like the officer is out to get them. To me these officers that got bullied in high school seem to be trying to prove something and just causing unnecessary trouble by looking for any little thing and make it a big problem. I have see it with my own eyes.
Police officers just harass and stir up trouble. They cuss at you, treat you bad, and don't care or want to listen to what you have to say. I know people that get extremely nervous when pulled over by an officer, and they never did anything wrong. No record, no traffic violations, never been arrested, and don't have anything illegal in their car. I don't think its right that Police Officers are putting fear into innocent people. Its pretty bad when everyone trys to avoid officers, who are suppose to be there to protect and serve, and wouldn't ask them for help even if their life depended on it. You might actually need their help but afraid to call them because they will look for a reason to arrest you.
I read an article awhile back and did you know that police officers are allowed to lie to citizens? The actually go through a course to teach how to affectively lie to us? But god forbid we lie to them its a big problem.
Last thing I got to say is that it just seems like you are guilty until you are proven innocent not innocent until proven guilty.

What I personally witnessed of Police Officers on the Vegas Strip Sunday night makes you and your opinion......A PIECE OF SHIT!
That's a totally different situation. You cant come compare Cops taking down a psycho, to local cops harassing people for no reason everyday. Plus if you actually paid attention I stated not all cops behave in a way I disagree with. So you are saying that's its ok for cops to abuse the little power they have to terrorize innocent people, and to lie to the people who are suppose to trust them? For what happened on Sunday, that is a very tragic situation and if cops didn't handle it then there would be an even bigger issue. Police taking down a psycho is good, Police trying to make your life a living hell, not ok.

Why do you think walking is stupid shit?

They gave up the "protect and serve" around here some time ago. They just enforce the law now, that's it.

Hey numb-nuts!

Police Body Camera Footage of Las Vegas Shooting

There are cops that will pull up to you while you are walking, and start asking questions. Some times they even get out of the car and pat you down. I witnessed my buddy who is a heroin addict, who has been clean for 4 years and some odd months now. Me, my girlfriend and my buddy were walking to the local deli. Right before we were about to enter the deli, my girlfriends phone rings. So we stop, she answers and we decided to stay outside while she took the call from her son who was up in Erie visiting family. So there is this little wall right next to the deli, all three of us sat on it while she was talking to her son. There were about 3 maybe 4 cop cars driving and circling around. We didn't pay no mind to them, because we were walking to get some cigarettes.
We didn't have anything illegal on us at all. My buddy who is a heroin addict didn't have a thing on him. I had my wallet, phone, and about 7 bucks and some loose change for a pack of smokes, my girlfriend didn't have pockets because she was wearing yoga pants. Not one of us had an encounter with any of the police officers that ended up showing up. The one cop stopped at the stop sign and started to speak to us. We couldn't hear so we went up closer to his car. Started asking the usual questions what is your name, where do you live, where are you going, what are you doing, ect ect ect. After the questions he asked to see our arms, I knew he was looking for track marks. I didn't have anything to hide so with out hesitation I showed him mine. I knew my buddy has some nasty looking track marks and knew the officer was going to do something. My buddy shows him and the officer said "do you guys have anything on you?' We replied "no sir not at all, you can search us and everything!." He said " I am, I was going to all ready". Gets out searched us, found not 1 illegal thing.
We told him our story and that we were only sitting here so that my girlfriend could speak to her son. We just went for a walk to get smokes. Of course the officers didn't believe us. The cop said "who you guys meeting here?" "who you coping(buying) drugs off of?" "There were about 20+ black people walking around and we were the only 3 white people so they automatically assumed we were there to buy drugs. I made a smart comment because all this was unnecessary, I said yea, "you really think we are coping with only 7 dollars and 75 cents and 3 of the dollars was quarters?" Of course he got mad because we do not have freedom of speech when it comes to speaking to him. We live in this neighborhood and it mixed race. I don't think its right for him to automatically assume we were buying drugs because we were sitting there so my girl could talk to her son, but to them we looked like 3 junkies trying to cop off one of the 20 something black people walking around. I over heard the other officers speaking and that is what the pretty much said. And since somebody got shot outside the smoke shop few days before, when I told him we are buying cigarettes he said "yea right someone just got shot there the other day, your going to cop" Like they don't make any kind of sense to me anymore.

I've never been approached by the police when I was walking. What stupid thing (s) were you doing when you while walking.

I've never been approached by the police when I was walking. What stupid thing (s) were you doing when you while walking.
I have and so have lots of people I know. I was constantly harrassed by cops when I was a teenager simply because I was Black. You cant be doing anything stupid just walking to school. You sound like one of those servile fools that cant fathom a cop would actually harass someone.

There are cops that will pull up to you while you are walking, and start asking questions. Some times they even get out of the car and pat you down. I witnessed my buddy who is a heroin addict, who has been clean for 4 years and some odd months now. Me, my girlfriend and my buddy were walking to the local deli. Right before we were about to enter the deli, my girlfriends phone rings. So we stop, she answers and we decided to stay outside while she took the call from her son who was up in Erie visiting family. So there is this little wall right next to the deli, all three of us sat on it while she was talking to her son. There were about 3 maybe 4 cop cars driving and circling around. We didn't pay no mind to them, because we were walking to get some cigarettes.
We didn't have anything illegal on us at all. My buddy who is a heroin addict didn't have a thing on him. I had my wallet, phone, and about 7 bucks and some loose change for a pack of smokes, my girlfriend didn't have pockets because she was wearing yoga pants. Not one of us had an encounter with any of the police officers that ended up showing up. The one cop stopped at the stop sign and started to speak to us. We couldn't hear so we went up closer to his car. Started asking the usual questions what is your name, where do you live, where are you going, what are you doing, ect ect ect. After the questions he asked to see our arms, I knew he was looking for track marks. I didn't have anything to hide so with out hesitation I showed him mine. I knew my buddy has some nasty looking track marks and knew the officer was going to do something. My buddy shows him and the officer said "do you guys have anything on you?' We replied "no sir not at all, you can search us and everything!." He said " I am, I was going to all ready". Gets out searched us, found not 1 illegal thing.
We told him our story and that we were only sitting here so that my girlfriend could speak to her son. We just went for a walk to get smokes. Of course the officers didn't believe us. The cop said "who you guys meeting here?" "who you coping(buying) drugs off of?" "There were about 20+ black people walking around and we were the only 3 white people so they automatically assumed we were there to buy drugs. I made a smart comment because all this was unnecessary, I said yea, "you really think we are coping with only 7 dollars and 75 cents and 3 of the dollars was quarters?" Of course he got mad because we do not have freedom of speech when it comes to speaking to him. We live in this neighborhood and it mixed race. I don't think its right for him to automatically assume we were buying drugs because we were sitting there so my girl could talk to her son, but to them we looked like 3 junkies trying to cop off one of the 20 something black people walking around. I over heard the other officers speaking and that is what the pretty much said. And since somebody got shot outside the smoke shop few days before, when I told him we are buying cigarettes he said "yea right someone just got shot there the other day, your going to cop" Like they don't make any kind of sense to me anymore.

How can a person be a heroin addict and be clean for four years? Freudian slip?

Or maybe you dont understand that you are always an addict no matter how long you are clean.

I have and so have lots of people I know. I was constantly harrassed by cops when I was a teenager simply because I was Black. You cant be doing anything stupid just walking to school. You sound like one of those servile fools that cant fathom a cop would actually harass someone.

I know many Black people that have never been harassed by the cops (and can spell harassed)

I know many Black people that have never been harassed by the cops (and can spell harassed)
I know many more Black people that have been harassed by the cops (and know you use the word "harass" when indicating present tense.)

Or maybe you dont understand that you are always an addict no matter how long you are clean.

"Former addict" never enters the talk?

They gave up the "protect and serve" around here some time ago. They just enforce the law now, that's it.

Hey numb-nuts!

Ok what is your point? Some cops wear body cameras and actually do their job? Not all cops wear body cameras on duty. Wearing body cameras still isn't going to change the way they are. They will just find a way around it, make up excuses why they weren't wearing theirs at that exact moment when they pulled the trigger and killed someone. Judges and other police officers always believe the officer over citizen.
My issue is, the way they are treating people, and loosing trust with citizens of the community. How they just mess with people out of boredom. How some officers only became an officer of the lawn just to abuse the little power they may have, and mess with peoples lives and harass innocent people. Because they have something to prove and hold grudges and have personal agendas to mess with peoples lives that gave them a hard time in high school and take it out on innocent people. Its just not right.

I know many more Black people that have been harassed by the cops (and know you use the word "harass" when indicating present tense.)
Hey thanks for pointing out a typo in my response. Wont happen again!

Not if they are being truthful with themselves

??? I was correcting 1percent on the use of harass vs harassed since he was trying play spelling bee matron.

??? I was correcting 1percent on the use of harass vs harassed since he was trying play spelling bee matron.
lol I think I made the same mistake. My apologies!

Hey numb-nuts!

Ok what is your point? Some cops wear body cameras and actually do their job? Not all cops wear body cameras on duty. Wearing body cameras still isn't going to change the way they are. They will just find a way around it, make up excuses why they weren't wearing theirs at that exact moment when they pulled the trigger and killed someone. Judges and other police officers always believe the officer over citizen.
My issue is, the way they are treating people, and loosing trust with citizens of the community. How they just mess with people out of boredom. How some officers only became an officer of the lawn just to abuse the little power they may have, and mess with peoples lives and harass innocent people. Because they have something to prove and hold grudges and have personal agendas to mess with peoples lives that gave them a hard time in high school and take it out on innocent people. Its just not right.
No matter how many cameras they wear they have already convinced multiple generations of Black people that they cant be trusted. They have a long history of violence and coverup of violence in our communities.

Hey numb-nuts!

No matter how many cameras they wear they have already convinced multiple generations of Black people that they cant be trusted. They have a long history of violence and coverup of violence in our communities.

Because Asclepias speaks for all black people, they elected him their representative, don'tcha know?

He entered the talk, admitted he did use heroin in one point of his life. When the cop seen his track marks, there really no way to explain that is was not heroin. He told the cop he was clean 4 years and that he takes pride in being clean. The cop wasn't hearing that, he just assumed we were lying.

Hey numb-nuts!

Because Asclepias speaks for all black people, they elected him their representative, don'tcha know?
I know a lot of black people that feel the same way.

Forum List

Back