Laura and the girls

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Laura Bush's speech was not as exciting as Arnold's but I was rather mesmerized by her. She was very articulate, poised, and gave a serious and thoughtful speech. She is obviously a strong and opinionated woman. Very well done! What a great reflection upon GW.

The two girls tried to be funny but were not too good at it. I guess they were there to appeal to the twenty-somethings.

-=d=- said:
Doesn't matter...they are kinda sexy... :D

You know, usuall i agree. I am usually one to say dang those girls are hot. But last night they just came off as total ditzes. what a turn off.

Laura's speech was great indeed but I found the girls speech VERY immature ! I was waiting for something to change during there speech like they had a method to their madness ! I didn't and let's just say I couldn't wait for them to get off the stage to save further embarrasment !

ARNOLD ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUDY ROCKS TOO !!! :thewave:

You know, usuall i agree. I am usually one to say dang those girls are hot. But last night they just came off as total ditzes. what a turn off.

Makes them even hotter, imo :D

naughty.gif

leghump.gif

-=d=- said:
Makes them even hotter, imo :D

naughty.gif

leghump.gif

Not to me. I want a woman i can talk to at some sort of intellectual level as well as other things... Im not saying that these girls arent bright, i just think they came off very ditzy which is a turn off. Ditzy is boring.

Also the difference between Laura's and Teresa's speeches is enormous.

Ketchup "shove it" Kerry doesn't hold a candle to Laura Bush.

:mm:

ScreamingEagle said:

Amen to that ! :cheers2:

Not to me. I want a woman i can talk to at some sort of intellectual level as well as other things... Im not saying that these girls arent bright, i just think they came off very ditzy which is a turn off. Ditzy is boring.

I wouldn't debate them, I'd 'do' them. :D

Remember, GWB often comes across as a bit of a hick - but it's endearing, and I'm sure he's more so in public; hard to judge their intellect when two young semi-attractive ladies are standing before Millions of spectators, reading what a speech writer thought it'd be cute for them to say. :)

;)

ScreamingEagle said:

Yeah there is a huge difference one has charm class and sophistication, not to mention married well. The other is an annoying witch who no body seems to like and married a gold digger.

You know you can tell alot about a person by the person they marry. Teresa and John speak volumes about each other.

-=d=- said:
I wouldn't debate them, I'd 'do' them. :D

Remember, GWB often comes across as a bit of a hick - but it's endearing, and I'm sure he's more so in public; hard to judge their intellect when two young semi-attractive ladies are standing before Millions of spectators, reading what a speech writer thought it'd be cute for them to say. :)

;)

I know. and honestly ive never seen W come off as a Hick. he has always come off as a sincere man who wants to do whats right.

Like i said i dont believe they are really that ditzy but damn that speech writer should be sent to abu grab and put on a dozen muslim prisoners.

Sandy73 said:
Laura's speech was great indeed but I found the girls speech VERY immature ! I was waiting for something to change during there speech like they had a method to their madness ! I didn't and let's just say I couldn't wait for them to get off the stage to save further embarrasment !

ARNOLD ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUDY ROCKS TOO !!! :thewave:

DAMN... finaly a woman I can agree with! :teeth:

They had no place on that stage last night. We're not electing teenage girls. We're electing a President. And I was NOT impressed with the way they disrespected their grandmother. What they said was meaningless and appealed to no one. If anything, they turned some people off.

The "ONLY" reason one could think of for them being on the stage, was because they're easy on the eyes, and they figured that it might sway some young men that think with their crotch.

Pale Rider said:
DAMN... finaly a woman I can agree with! :teeth:

They had no place on that stage last night. We're not electing teenage girls. We're electing a President. And I was NOT impressed with the way they disrespected their grandmother. What they said was meaningless and appealed to no one. If anything, they turned some people off.

The "ONLY" reason one could think of for them being on the stage, was because they're easy on the eyes, and they figured that it might sway some young men that think with their crotch.

How many guys who think with their crotches were watching the convention? And of those how many were going to vote for Bush anyway?

I dont think youd get alot of guys that way. regardless they came off pretty poorly which makes it difficult for some guys to think with their crotch around them. Attractiveness is more than just looks its attitude.

How many guys who think with their crotches were watching the convention? And of those how many were going to vote for Bush anyway?

I dont think youd get alot of guys that way. regardless they came off pretty poorly which makes it difficult for some guys to think with their crotch around them. Attractiveness is more than just looks its attitude.

That's why I said they had no business on the stage last night.

ScreamingEagle said:
Laura Bush's speech was not as exciting as Arnold's but I was rather mesmerized by her. She was very articulate, poised, and gave a serious and thoughtful speech. She is obviously a strong and opinionated woman. Very well done! What a great reflection upon GW.

The two girls tried to be funny but were not too good at it. I guess they were there to appeal to the twenty-somethings.

The Bush twins made it obvious that they aren't accustomed to speaking in public, so I gave them a little consideration for that. They are a positive for the campaign, but it might be a good idea to leave them to photo ops, smiling, and waving.

Laura Bush is the kind of first lady those of us who are thirty-somethings identify as a first lady. I just feel comfortable with her in that position, and I thought her speech was very good.

What can you say about Arnold? I liked what he said about being a boy and living in Austria with the Soviet Union on their doorstep. A lot of people can talk about what it's like to live in actual fear, but that man lived through it. I though it was funny when he talked about coming to America and hearing the Nixon-Humphrey debates and saying Humphrey was talking about the things he just ran away from.

Damn. I'm gonna end up identifying myself as a Republican before this is over with.

I think that if the girls could have just went out there and been themselves isntead of reading from a teleprompter, it would have been more genuine. I had to mute the TV because they were annoying the hell out of me. But they still looked good. :thup:

insein said:
I think that if the girls could have just went out there and been themselves isntead of reading from a teleprompter, it would have been more genuine. I had to mute the TV because they were annoying the hell out of me. But they still looked good. :thup:

No doubt about that they looked dang good. but they should fire the speech writer.

Forum List

Back