Latest quote on "Spreading the Wealth"

I think he's ramping up class warfare--exactly how is that going to provide any stability ? Night Robby, it was great having ya !

Ramping up class warfare?

Every taxation decision is a class issue, Dill.

Did you think that reducing taxes on the superwealthy for the last 8 years was class warfare against the working class?

It was, if you think of tax policies as such because most tax policies effect different classes differently.

Ramping up class warfare?

Every taxation decision is a class issue, Dill.

Did you think that reducing taxes on the superwealthy for the last 8 years was class warfare against the working class?

It was, if you think of tax policies as such because most tax policies effect different classes differently.

Remind me again edit.. were the rich paying less than the working class in any way on taxation?

Here is what Obama is saying now: "A few families are fabulously wealthy, contribute far less than they should in taxes, and are indifferent to the poverty of the great masses of the people." "A country in this situation," he went on, "is fraught with continual instability."

This will be my last thread on here but I saw this and felt I had to post it.

What does everyone think? Is he right?

He's wrong, of course. Who is he to say how much the wealthy should contribute in taxes? He definitely sounds like an elitist and authoritarian. He's certainly not a friend of liberty.

taxes on everyone will have to go up along with major cuts in spending.

We can't keep selling our soul to China and Saudi Arabia and Japan and the UAE -United arab emirates....thru the financing of Debt.

We already had sold our soul to middle eastern oil/natural gas....and LOOK where that has gotten us with wars, 9/11 etc....

Our Sovereignty is at RISK! Our Foreign policy decisions will be made based on who we owe money to instead of what is right for us!

I think the first one is a national security threat that we just are not thinking about...

care

nu uh baby, taxes are going down on 95% of us and don't you forget it.

How in the fuck do you ban poverty?

You make it illegal to be homeless, you make it illegal to be very poor. You setup a massive government assistance program designed to help the people who are very poor. You get them off the street and into assistance programs. They're also probably suffering from depression.. so you strip them of their civil rights for 90 days and pump them full of anti-depressants.

You want to eliminate poverty, that's the only way to do it. Otherwise, you're always going to have poverty.

You make it illegal to be homeless, you make it illegal to be very poor. You setup a massive government assistance program designed to help the people who are very poor. You get them off the street and into assistance programs. They're also probably suffering from depression.. so you strip them of their civil rights for 90 days and pump them full of anti-depressants.

You want to eliminate poverty, that's the only way to do it. Otherwise, you're always going to have poverty.

gimme gimme gimmme, are we gonna supply them with their drugs and alcohol too

OMG, you can't be serious. :eek:

strip them of their civil rights? did you really just say that????

oh shit!:eek:

nu uh baby, taxes are going down on 95% of us and don't you forget it.

they may go down temporarily to stimulate the economy, but if this does not bring in enough revenues with this stimulus, taxes on everyone will have to go up, and spending will have to be CUT.

they may go down temporarily to stimulate the economy, but if this does not bring in enough revenues with this stimulus, taxes on everyone will have to go up, and spending will have to be CUT.

oh noes oh noes are you saying that brockguy lied to the american people?

Increasing taxes will not stimulate the economy.
decreasing should, i noted such....but if the newly generated revenues because of a good economy, after the spending cuts are not enough and we continue to borrow TRILLIONS as we did under pres bush from china etc with the debt payback of the SS surplus at our doorstep, we need ti be considering it if and when we are in good solid times, for our own security imo.

It's funny that you were one of his biggest supporters, but immediately after elections you admit that he lied. Good job! :thup:

i wasn't his biggest supporter, i was a supporter of not rewarding republicans with another term in office because they DID NOT deserve the 3rd chance...

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me....a third time was just unacceptable to me!

....(my time was spent defending the lies about him, because i just don't sit well when lies are told....like him being a muslim, him not being born in hawaii, etc, etc, etc....)

i am a democrat and believe in many of the democratic solutions put forth for different issues but i was saying LONG before election day, that i felt it would take cutting spending, a good strong economy and tax increases to eventually get us out of this gigantic mess....i can find the links for you if you like jsanders....

care

Yes, the marginal income tax rate was 70% during the Carter and Nixon years, down from the 91% rate of the Eisenhower years.

It was around 50% during the Reagan years.

It wasn't until fairly recently that the rate dropped into the high 20's to 30's.

Source:

Top US Marginal Income Tax Rates, 1913--2003 (TruthAndPolitics.org)

Reagan dropped the rates significantly, but he also removed many loopholes. When the rates were 90% and then 70%, no one actually paid those rates. I think many people, at this point in time, would love to see a flat tax rate. Everyone gets their basic standard deduction and deductions for dependents. After that, 25% to 30% rate across the board on everything and everyone including capital gains, corporations, and inheritance.

The wealthy would certainly pay more than they do now, but they would save themselves a lot of money on accountants. They could also reduce the size of the IRS in half.

Increasing taxes will not stimulate the economy.

but it will increase federal tax receipts, and reduce the need to borrow from China, which will benefit the economy in the future

let's just hope we've sent compassionate conservatism to the graveyard, it did more damage to the budget than any crazy liberal like Dukakis or Kerry ever could have

He's wrong, of course. Who is he to say how much the wealthy should contribute in taxes? He definitely sounds like an elitist and authoritarian. He's certainly not a friend of liberty.

Interesting you say that.

Forum List

Back