Latest Change of Course by Bush in Iraq

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by ajwps, Nov 19, 2003.

1. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    http://www.danielpipes.org/article/1316

2. Sevendogs

Sevendogs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :) Bush probably realized his mistake entering Iraq. He missed real goal and not finished his terrorism war in Afghanistan and worldwide. Real weapons of mass destruction are schools run by clerics where they indoctrinate would be suicide bombers.

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    And that knowledge is useless if we aren't supposed to be exposing tropps to terrorists. Let them continue to learn and thrive. All in the name of Allah!

4. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Sevendogs says

Bush probably realized his status as leader of the only remaining superpower in the world when he attacked Iraq and Afghanistan. His actions have so far prevented the people of the USA from being attacked on our shores by taking this action.

The American soldiers were volunteers who thought they would use their military service to obtain the benefits but had little idea that they would be ordered into a limited war against a backward people with little ability to fight against the US superpower.

The real WMD are not schools or clerics or Mullahs but real weapons that can destroy large numbers of humans with atomic, chemical toxins or bacterial weapons that Saddam was known to possess but refused to show the UN or anybody that he had gotten rid of them.

Peculiar how these weapons seem to have magically vanished right before the lightning 21 day war that toppled Saddam. Do you think that the French (former allies of the US) warned Mr. Saddam of the coming Americans allowing him to move his weapons out of Iraq and bury them in the Bekka Valley in Southern Lebanon?

Islam does not like it when they are being attacked in response to their commandment to wipe out all the infidels of the earth. Isn't that sad for them????
    :confused:

5. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I agree ajwps, it's sad indeed. Even sadder is the fact that the majority of supporters for the Islamic militants comes from our very own war protesters, while the rest of us stand in astonishment of the evil and vile actions of Muslims.

6. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Yes I totally agree with your assessment. Not only war protestors but US politicians use the war to protest as a means of bashing President Bush to obtain the office next November.

The Islamic world sees these loud verbal attacks against Mr. Bush's policies to protect America as a sign of our weakness and disarray. History is a great lesson with little or no protest during WW1 and WW2 which gave the enemy no hope of dissention to stop or make appeasement but during the Korean and Vietnam 'police actions' protestors became internal agents of the enemy resulting in our loss of these recent wars.

The US military court-martials a Lt Kernel for saving American lives and permits traitorous behavior during a war that is meant to demonstrate that the US has resolve which could halt the Islamic attack against the world.

But I guess that this is a significant weakness in a free society.

7. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Recent polling suggest GWBs occupation and relection are becoming unpopular ideas. In response the right throws up the stunning rebuttal, " your doubts provide sustenance to terrorists, remember World War II". While stirring, it does not address the very real, fact based concerns the rest of the world has about the current occupants of the Whitehouse and the incredibly reckless policies they are undertaking. Bad news for the far right, we are as a nation in disarray over this war, since our goals have shifted repeatedly since the outset of the undertaking, there can be little question as to why.
    I must say, repeated analogies to world war II have me baffled, who are we, the Germans invading countries to advance a plan of global domination or are we the french, bunkered down in a strategicaly pointless place waiting for the blitzkreig that isn't coming?

8. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Recent polling suggest GWBs occupation and relection are becoming unpopular ideas."

Polls like clouds are fleeting at best. Your poll site has as much validity as the polling methodology, those who were polled and the biases posed with the questions. The only polls that actually count are the election results following voting day.

Remember the polls and media papers the morning after, "Dewey wins by a landslide." After the Medicare bill is passed, what do you think your fleeting poll numbers will be now that the main Democrat pivital issue is lost to the Republicans?

"I must say, repeated analogies to world war II have me baffled, who are we, the Germans invading countries to advance a plan of global domination or are we the french, bunkered down in a strategically (sic) pointless place waiting for the blitzkrieg (sic) that isn't coming?"

I have to agree that your entire post is baffling. The WW2 Allies were united with no significant protestors against our own policy while the Axis powers who we know now were attempting to take the world in a massive world war. You seem to have forgotten the Jane Fondas and the hippy drug culture 'turning on and tuning out' who protested against the war in Vietnam. The despotic dictatorships of North Vietnam, Russia and China took heart at the internal disarray in America. They put their own propaganda and allies in America to work to bring the American effort to a halt and keep the people of that little country in the old dictatorship. Even though the Vietnam war as we now are aware was a sham created for profit by many who did not want President Kennedy to end the war prematurely.

You in your self righteous understanding seems to intimate that there is no blitzkrieg coming from the Muslims. From those who want to make the world Islamic in a war waged for their god Allah. The attack of 9/11 and all the other attacks against the infidels around the world make your words not only hollow but belie reality.

“In response the right throws up the stunning rebuttal,” your doubts provide sustenance to terrorists, remember World War II". While stirring, it does not address the very real, fact based concerns the rest of the world has about the current occupants of the Whitehouse and the incredibly reckless policies they are undertaking."

The only problem with your logic is that it is not the rest of the world that will be voting in the US elections next November.

"Bad news for the far right, we are as a nation in disarray over this war, since our goals have shifted repeatedly since the outset of the undertaking, there can be little question as to why."

I have no idea of where you get your obviously erroneous information about this country being in disarray or that the US is about to be overthrown by the bourgeoisie or of the deposing of the elected president of the United States. You apparently are watching and reading way too much of the leftist main stream media for you to craft your world shattering insight.

You remind me of the old Maoist verbiage. You would be just another 'running yellow lackey dog of the proletariat."

9. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I agree with you, but you need to show this to the many pro-war peeps on here who keep posting polls about how better things are getting in Iraq.

OK, you actually havethe balls to say that America didn't win the Vietnam war because of protestors?:rolleyes: And North Vietnam put their own propaganda and allies in America to bring the war effort down? Uhhhh, yeah.

Seriously, if you're going to make as inflamatory a remark as that, don't try to pussy out on it one sentence later.

And I'm sure a Vietnam vet would be more angry at someone who didn't agree with the war than at you saying that everything they did was just a way to line rich peoples' pockets.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Dan,
    I don't put much stake in polls either, but I do recognize the difference between Pew, Gallop, and ones based on calls or e-responses for results.