Last play of Ravens/Bengals game

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
11 seconds left, fourth down from the 20. Ravens back to punt
John Harbaugh has his offense tackle and hold every Bengals player(they did this at the end of the Superbowl too) The punter stands back in the end zone watching the 11 seconds tick off and then takes a safety and the Ravens win by 5. Every flag a ref has gets thrown but the game is over

Ravens secure win by holding, taking safety on final play vs. Bengals

Where will this tactic go?

Why not do the same thing with two minutes to play instead of 11 seconds?

You come off the two minute warning first and ten with the other team having three time outs. Typical wisdom is run the ball, 5 seconds, time out. Second down: run the ball, 5 seconds time out. Third down: run the ball, 5 seconds, time out. Fourth down: punt to the other team with 1:45 and no time outs.

Using Harbaughs tactic, you snap the ball on first down but not just tackle and hold the defensive player, you grab his facemask with two hands and hold on for dear life and try to hold him for two minutes. QB runs down the field unmolested and waits at the one yard line. If someone breaks free, he steps into the end zone for a TD

TD gets called back....15 yards facemask on the whole team...repeat first down

You do the same thing over and over until the game is over

You come off the two minute warning first and ten with the other team having three time outs. Typical wisdom is run the ball, 5 seconds, time out. Second down: run the ball, 5 seconds time out. Third down: run the ball, 5 seconds, time out. Fourth down: punt to the other team with 1:45 and no time outs.

Using Harbaughs tactic, you snap the ball on first down but not just tackle and hold the defensive player, you grab his facemask with two hands and hold on for dear life and try to hold him for two minutes. QB runs down the field unmolested and waits at the one yard line. If someone breaks free, he steps into the end zone for a TD

lol, You ready too move on from Marvin?

No idea what you are talking about

My bad I assumed you were a bengals fan for some reason. Ravens fan? Huge game against the Dolphins coming up.

My bad I assumed you were a bengals fan for some reason. Ravens fan? Huge game against the Dolphins coming up.

No...Giants fan

I just thought it was an interesting play and think it could lead to some wild imitations

I had you all wrong. Seriously though nothing the refs or the NFL does should be surprising anymore.

No...Giants fan

I just thought it was an interesting play and think it could lead to some wild imitations

My bad I had you figured wrong. Seriously though no one should be surprised at anything the refs or the NFL does anymore.

My bad I had you figured wrong. Seriously though no one should be surprised at anything the refs or the NFL does anymore.

Surprised we don't see more teams taking a penalty to run out the clock

Forum List

Back