Last Movie You Saw.....

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Doesn't have to be in the theatres, just the last movie you watched and what you thought of it....

The last movie I watched was WHAT A GIRL WANTS (Amanda Bynes & Colin Firth) - not impressed.
Could have been a made for TV movie, very predictable and acting campy.

Sounds like someone else enjoys classic movies.

(Tattooed murderer, or Tattooed Stranger?)

Kiss Me Deadly...

Doesn't have to be in the theatres, just the last movie you watched and what you thought of it....

The last movie I watched was WHAT A GIRL WANTS (Amanda Bynes & Colin Firth) - not impressed.
Could have been a made for TV movie, very predictable and acting campy.

More movies and tv you watch, more predictable things become. There's only a handful of stories suitable as movies (visual storytelling.) Consequently, every movie no matter how flashy and unique it seems is just something the Greeks wrote thousands of years ago with modern updates.

Had a moment like this last night watching "Jersey Boys" about Franki Valli and "The Four Seasons." Near the end, they play their 'new and unique' song "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" and I was struck realizing it was a Pet Shop Boys song I really liked. Seasons did it first obviously. Movies are like that too. Everything's already been done.

Niece was telling me, back in 99, how funny she thought the movie "The Bachelor" was.

I had her sit through the 1925 silent Seven Chances, with Buster Keaton.

Same movie, Buster was funnier.

The last is The Aviator by Scorsese. One of the worst films ever. The Director tends to make films that are a real shit. Precisely about the last watched film, the movie is about insane man (in medicine term) which is trying to show people something special. Apart from this insane hero there is nothing in the movie to watch to.

My mark is 1|10.

Niece was telling me, back in 99, how funny she thought the movie "The Bachelor" was.

the Bachelor IS funny!!!! I love that movie!

The last is The Aviator by Scorsese. One of the worst films ever. The Director tends to make films that are a real shit. Precisely about the last watched film, the movie is about insane man (in medicine term) which is trying to show people something special. Apart from this insane hero there is nothing in the movie to watch to.

My mark is 1|10.

Oh no, I saw a movie yesterday that was way worse... not that I wasn't warned by the 1 star rating...

BENCHWARMERS (with David Spade and Rob Schneider)

Hubby said I have never seen a David Spade movie that was good. I mentioned Hot Tub time machine, he said, exactly (was he even IN Hot Tub Time Machine.. I forget LOL!)

Find a copy of Keaton's 'Seven Chances'.

I have to get hubby to agree to watch anything before 2010. He won't watch old movies (unless it's a rerun of one of the following : ROAD HOUSE; OUTLAW JOSEY WALES or TOMBSSTONE!)

My mark is 1|10.

Oh no, I saw a movie yesterday that was way worse... not that I wasn't warned by the 1 star rating...

Hubby said I have never seen a David Spade movie that was good. I mentioned Hot Tub time machine, he said, exactly (was he even IN Hot Tub Time Machine.. I forget LOL!)
Yeah, actually it deserves it) The movie is about nothing, only the bunch of shit, miserable efforts of Scorsese to show something up.

I have to get hubby to agree to watch anything before 2010. He won't watch old movies (unless it's a rerun of one of the following : ROAD HOUSE; OUTLAW JOSEY WALES or TOMBSSTONE!)

Please tell me he has seen Unforgiven?

ANyway, my last movie was INside OUt, and it was a lot of fun, both for me, my wife and the kid.

Last night we watched No Country for Old Men. The ending initially seemed a bit abrupt, but after discussing it, the message became clear.

My mark is 1|10.

Benchwarmers had its moments....

Please tell me he has seen Unforgiven?

ANyway, my last movie was INside OUt, and it was a lot of fun, both for me, my wife and the kid.

Yes, he likes UNFORGIVEN also and THE NATURAL....

I'm more of a West Side Story/Accidental Tourist/Peggy Sue Got Married person....

My mark is 1|10.

Benchwarmers had its moments....

I can deal without the far and vomit humor. I guess that is a guy thing because it's lost on me.
some of the other things are funny (squirrels flying out of trees etc.)

Last night we watched No Country for Old Men. The ending initially seemed a bit abrupt, but after discussing it, the message became clear.

One of the better Coen brothers movies. I loved Barton Fink as well ;)

Forum List

Back