Laid-off workers occupy Chicago factory, seek pay

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Gunny, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    more ... Laid-off workers occupy Chicago factory, seek pay - Yahoo! News

2. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    fuck it. they are too proletariat to count in this free market capitalist culture. Clearly, every single one of them should have learned Java programming.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. TR_GOP

TR_GOP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Bank of America wrote it's own terms of a bailout last summer and presented them to Congress marked confidential. You mean the workers can't write their own bailout package?

Ah, before you get a check you first must write a check.

Bubble Meter: "The Bank of America Bailout Bill"

4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Thank you for this information Gunny.

It is not suprising to me. Another small business owner that came along and tried to assist me during the period my business was getting stomped out. He paid me in advance for $5,000.00 worth of materials to help me cover my operating expenses. My bank was shafting me out of $80,000.00 at the time. It was just a few months later his small business million dollar line of credit was closed out from the same bank.

A lot of these bankers belong in jail for conspiracy.

5. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194

Oh, the irony! Too true, and how many others is this going to happen to?

Good for the workers, though, unfortunately, I don't think it will do them any good, but................ Power to the Little Guy!

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I already didn't like BofA. Had an account with them at one time. They had a fee for thinking about writing a check.

This wrong and I want to know where our government is with their arms all up in the air frantically bailing these employees out. BofA is responsible for their problems, these employees are not, but look who gets screwed ... the little guys.

7. Gord

Gord Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    From the article:

Seems like there is more to this story than just an evil bank pressing the little guy under its thumb.

Look for more stories like this as the recession claims more and more companies and jobs.

But wait! There's more: Even companies that won't fold will lay off workers down to skeleton staffs because of Obama's promise to make union organizing against companies easier.

But wait! There's more: Obama promises to raise taxes on medium and large companies. Look for them to pare down their workforce even more.

But wait! There's more: Obama will cause even more workers to be laid off by small businesses because of his promise to raise the minimum wage.

But wait! There's more: Look for exporting companies affected by free trade agreements to lay off even more workers because of Obama's promise to the unions to reintroduce tariffs and trade restrictions.

But wait! There's more: Obama has promised to thoroughly screw up the energy and related industries by subsidizing "green initiatives" where not so green companies have to compete against government picked favorites. This will lead to even more company shutdowns.

But wait! There's more: Obama is going to penalize companies with a carbon cap and trade system that will lead to even more plant shutdowns and layoffs.

But Wait! There's more: Obama is promising to take over the health care industry, pushing it to lay off workers in anticipation of being forced out of business.

But wait! There's more: Obama promises to provide make work projects so that all of these workers that he has caused to lose their jobs can learn to pour concrete for the government... [​IMG]

This is basically a modern day version of FDR's plan to cut short the recession he inherited from Hoover. Instead he turned it into what is now known as the Great Depression, prolonging it another seven years... [​IMG]

What was that Obama said about "hope" and "change"? :confused:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  8. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    No disagreement here. The thing is though politics has a way of pushing buttons to get the little guys to support these people who are protecting the bad banks. I would have never known how bad it was with these banks if it had not been the experience of the last seven years. up until 2000 I had never really been involved with any bank more than checking accounts, $5,000.00 line of credit and a few short term car loans we paid off early.

They took on a whole new look for me when I learned how many of these people really make their money.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  9. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Gord you miss the fact that some bankers have paid themselves alone up too $120,000,000.00 a year because they were supposedly making their companies $503,000,000,000.00 year. The banks inflated their net profits through creative accounting and now they wish to have everyone else pay for their proclaimed downfall.

10. Gord

Gord Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    What has that got to do with my post? Do you think that that justifies Obama's insane plans for the economy? :confused: