Laid-off workers occupy Chicago factory, seek pay

It does seem that as of a few minutes ago that until BoA explains themselves a little better in this matter they won't be doing business with the state of Il. It does appear that the state is more than a little upset with them.

It does seem that as of a few minutes ago that until BoA explains themselves a little better in this matter they won't be doing business with the state of Il. It does appear that the state is more than a little upset with them.

Got a link ?

You don't know what you're talking about Gord.

I don't really blame you for not understanding this issue, since you and the rest of American have been fed nothing but one fucking lie about economics after the other.

But at least NOW you know that the Adam Smith FREE TRADER myth is a lie, right?
You are a typical liberal. Everything is theory to you. But in the real world your policies simply don't work. Try learning from history.

Last edited:
I think the Bank is getting a bad rap on this particular business closure.

It was the factories responsibility to pay it's employees, not the banks. The factory owner(s) should have had a reserve fund to pay them.

Not the best analogy but if the bank won't loan me the money to buy a car to get to work and I lose my job, is that the banks fault?

I think the Bank is getting a bad rap on this particular business closure.

It was the factories responsibility to pay it's employees, not the banks. The factory owner(s) should have had a reserve fund to pay them.

Not the best analogy but if the bank won't loan me the money to buy a car to get to work and I lose my job, is that the banks fault?

I would normally agree with your here Missourian however in this case BoA sort of gave up that high ground IMHO when they walked into the FED and took TARP funds to the tune of 25 Billion for the express purpose of "Freeing up Credit" and from what I have read today when it was being approved "creating jobs". This is taxpayer money they have not the banks money. So as I stated above normally I would agree with you but in this case BoA should at the very least extend the LoC of the company to meet it's payroll if the company has never deafaulted before prior to the layoff. As in essence the bank would be loaning that company the taxpayers their own money back.

I already didn't like BofA. Had an account with them at one time. They had a fee for thinking about writing a check.

This wrong and I want to know where our government is with their arms all up in the air frantically bailing these employees out. BofA is responsible for their problems, these employees are not, but look who gets screwed ... the little guys.
I have learned my lesson on Bank of America here recently! My finacial Aid check is through Bank of America and so therefore I got talked into opening a student account like an idiot which is suppose to have no fees for writing checks or just to the account in general. Well I can say the no fee thing is very untrue and they think of other shit to charge you for. For one they charged my saving account which I never touched something like three to five dollars a month after I opened the account for some bullshit reason.

I think these workers should keep striking so people start to realize what Bank of America is getting away with on a daily basis.

You are a typical liberal. Everything is theory to you. But in the real world your policies simply don't work. Try learning from history.

How high does our trade deficit have to go:

trade-deficit-cummulative.gif

How many more unemployed:

unemploy.gif

How high does the National Debt have to go:

history.gif

...before it is realized that "free trade" hasn't done well for this country?

Translation:

That's right editec, I don't know jackshit about what I'm saying, but if I can insult you personally, that'll make up for my feelings of inadaquacy stemming from the fact you took me to school on this subject.

I saw the workers who were protesting on the news this morning. Maybe some of you against what they are doing wouldn't be so quick to judge if you put faces to these people. They are your neighbors, your friends, and they just want what is fair, and what is right.

What if this was your job?

The past two decades have given lie to the free trade and deregulatory theories of the current administration. We are seeing a complete meltdown of our economic sector, with the loss of jobs and homes that it entails. But the "conservatives" here keep trying to state that liberals are just preaching ideology. Over half a million job losses in a month is not ideology. Major companies folding every day is not ideology. And our seniors having to chose between a roof over their heads, food, or medicine is not ideology. The system as we know it has failed. Time to look at building one that works.

unemploy.gif

history.gif

The trade deficit is mostly oil - that is liberals fault for not allowing domestic exploration and production. The national debt is from government overspending - Duh! Up until these last few months unemployment was averaging below that of the Clinton years at a level that is considered to be full employment.

Translation:

That's right editec, I don't know jackshit about what I'm saying, but if I can insult you personally, that'll make up for my feelings of inadaquacy stemming from the fact you took me to school on this subject.
History proves your theories are wrong.

No it's not----it's a global financial "thing" that Americans have no choice in. Sorta like electing a president.
The 'global' thing is not as simple as it is being reported. The president thing people do have a little bit of a choice in.

unemploy.gif

history.gif

are you sure you didn't copy these graphs from AL Gore's global warming theory bullshit and just change the wording

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back