• What's a "gaga"?

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
:lol:

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Lady Gaga canceled her sold-out show in Indonesia after Islamist hard-liners threatened violence, claiming her sexy clothes and provocative dance moves would corrupt the youth.
The controversy was a blow to the predominantly Muslim country's reputation for combining free speech and democracy with a mostly moderate brand of the faith.

considering she's worth 150 million
Lady Gaga Net Worth ‹ 2012 Celebrity Net Worth

She could pay for top of the line security.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...153730122.html

Updated June 4, 2012, 7:21 p.m. ET

Lady Gaga Versus Global Jihad
The West needs a countercultural strategy against radical Islam.

By BRET STEPHENS

Two years ago I wrote a column making the case that Lady Gaga did more to galvanize Muslim hatred of the West than all Israeli settlements combined. The column was denounced for naïveté and—what else?—shilling for Israel.

So here's the latest news from Planet Gaga: Last week, the star announced she was canceling her June 3 Jakarta concert date, disappointing the 52,000 ticket holders who had sold out the show in days. The reason? A group called the Front for the Defense of Islam, or FPI, had threatened to "wreak havoc" at the concert. Their reason? She brings "the faith of Satan to our country and thus will destroy the nation's morals," according to an FPI leader.

Then again, who isn't bringing Satan to the Muslim world these days?

Shortly before Gaga's canceled appearance, Irshad Manji, director of the Moral Courage Project at New York University, visited Indonesia to promote her moving new book, "Allah, Liberty and Love." Ms. Manji is a faithful Muslim, a refugee from Idi Amin's Uganda to Canada, and the author of the 2004 best seller, "The Trouble With Islam." That book's subtitle, "A Muslim's Call for Reform in Her Faith," gives away the gist.

Wow, that was quite sad to discover. I'm a big fan of Gaga and I believe that she did everything right by cancellation of all her shows in Indonesia. Who knows what could happen if she came there? Oh, and by the way, her current net worth is $190 million according to this information - Lady Gaga Net Worth - How Did She Acheive it? So I believe that her financial condition wasn't hurt much:rolleyes-41:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...153730122.html

Updated June 4, 2012, 7:21 p.m. ET

Lady Gaga Versus Global Jihad
The West needs a countercultural strategy against radical Islam.

By BRET STEPHENS

Two years ago I wrote a column making the case that Lady Gaga did more to galvanize Muslim hatred of the West than all Israeli settlements combined. The column was denounced for naïveté and—what else?—shilling for Israel.

So here's the latest news from Planet Gaga: Last week, the star announced she was canceling her June 3 Jakarta concert date, disappointing the 52,000 ticket holders who had sold out the show in days. The reason? A group called the Front for the Defense of Islam, or FPI, had threatened to "wreak havoc" at the concert. Their reason? She brings "the faith of Satan to our country and thus will destroy the nation's morals," according to an FPI leader.

Then again, who isn't bringing Satan to the Muslim world these days?

Shortly before Gaga's canceled appearance, Irshad Manji, director of the Moral Courage Project at New York University, visited Indonesia to promote her moving new book, "Allah, Liberty and Love." Ms. Manji is a faithful Muslim, a refugee from Idi Amin's Uganda to Canada, and the author of the 2004 best seller, "The Trouble With Islam." That book's subtitle, "A Muslim's Call for Reform in Her Faith," gives away the gist.
Madonna came first.

They have been hating our sick pop culture long before Lady Gagme came along.

Smart to pick one's battles wisely. Football games and other public events that promise trouble aren't worth having. Risking one's safety and that of others for a rock concert (if that's what Gaga's presentation is) would be pretty dumb.
Holding a comic contest just to stick it to some crazies isn't very smart.
Sticking up for real freedom of expression is standing up for what is equivalent to 'holy' in a religion. If 'they' insist on a war over that, even I might not be opposed.

Last edited:
Smart to pick one's battles wisely. Football games and other public events that promise trouble aren't worth having. Risking one's safety and that of others for a rock concert (if that what Gaga's presentation is) would be pretty dumb.
Holding a comic contest just to stick it to some crazies isn't very smart.
Sticking up for real freedom of expression is standing up for what is equivalent to 'holy' in a religion. If 'they' insist on a war over that, even I might not be opposed.
Your analysis completely overlooks the fact that the US isn't in Indonesia.

It does?
What in the post made the slightest indication that the application was to a sole location?
My, but some people are impatient to criticize.

It does?
What in the post made the slightest indication that the application was to a sole location?
My, but some people are impatient to criticize.
Really? Let me hold you by the hand and walk you through it then. You compared an event in the US, protected by our Constitutional right of free speech. While it's open season on Christians we are supposed to suspend it to not offend radical Muslims, as if we lived in Indonesia, where no such right exists. Doing a Lady Gaga tramp show in a fundamentalist Islamo fascist state in no way compares to our right to poke fun at who we want here in the USofA.

Why would anyone want to perform in a place that's a hotbed for religious insanity? Especially if you're Jewish like Lady Gaga?

She isn't Jewish! I do not know where you ever heard that - she is most definitely not a Jew. She was born into a Roman Catholic Family and attended Roman Catholic School. She's a Satanist and this is alone was a good reason for Indonesia to tell her they didn't want her influence there. I am usually appalled at the level of evil of Indonesia - home of the largest Muslim population in the world - but it is noteworthy to state that even the Muslims do not want a Satanist influencing their own youth. How much more so should that be the cry of American parents? And yet? Not a word.

Interesting that this woman, Lady Gaga, allegedly told her hairdresser she'd (sacrifice at a ritual) kill and eat the hairdressers child if she didn't keep her mouth shut about her activities. The hairdresser was insistent that Gaga was a Satanist. Who does not know this? So Lady Gaga is a Satanist who is afraid of getting killed by Muslims in Indonesia apparently and therein she cancels her concert. What this tells me is that she knows there is something not quite 100% about the god she has chosen to serve. Lucifer. That he is a defeated foe and there can be no guarantees for her safety or the number of her days (before she spends eternity suffering in hell).

Now if she were one of hundreds of Christian missionaries who have served in Indonesia fearlessly it would be a different story. Because Jesus Christ (who defeated Satan at the cross) is able to keep His own children in any nation, in any situation, in any spiritual climate. It reminds me of the scripture - the Righteous are as bold as a lion and the wicked flee when no one is chasing them.

Why would anyone want to perform in a place that's a hotbed for religious insanity? Especially if you're Jewish like Lady Gaga?

She isn't Jewish! I do not know where you ever heard that - she is most definitely not a Jew. She was born into a Roman Catholic Family and attended Roman Catholic School. She's a Satanist and this is alone was a good reason for Indonesia to tell her they didn't want her influence there. I am usually appalled at the level of evil of Indonesia - home of the largest Muslim population in the world - but it is noteworthy to state that even the Muslims do not want a Satanist influencing their own youth. How much more so should that be the cry of American parents? And yet? Not a word.

Interesting that this woman, Lady Gaga, allegedly told her hairdresser she'd (sacrifice at a ritual) kill and eat the hairdressers child if she didn't keep her mouth shut about her activities. The hairdresser was insistent that Gaga was a Satanist. Who does not know this? So Lady Gaga is a Satanist who is afraid of getting killed by Muslims in Indonesia apparently and therein she cancels her concert. What this tells me is that she knows there is something not quite 100% about the god she has chosen to serve. Lucifer. That he is a defeated foe and there can be no guarantees for her safety or the number of her days (before she spends eternity suffering in hell).

Now if she were one of hundreds of Christian missionaries who have served in Indonesia fearlessly it would be a different story. Because Jesus Christ (who defeated Satan at the cross) is able to keep His own children in any nation, in any situation, in any spiritual climate. It reminds me of the scripture - the Righteous are as bold as a lion and the wicked flee when no one is chasing them.
Ha you're right! Damn I could've sworn she was Jewish for some reason. But you're right she was born and raised Catholic. The rest of your post is absolutely insane nonsense, but you were right about her religion. :thup:

Free Speech aside, why would she want to do something so provocative?
You know, I had to ask a few of My gay friends the same thing. They claimed that the woman in Texas had the right to do the cartoon thing, but then stated, "Why provoke them? Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

I almost laughed out loud at that as they (females) were holding hands.....

Since we know that Islam hates homosexuals almost as much as cartoonists, why should the gay community do something so provocative as promote homosexuality and flaunt it in public. After all, they have the right to do so, but why do something so provocative?

I would check the box - Lady Gaga is a coward.

Ha you're right! Damn I could've sworn she was Jewish for some reason. But you're right she was born and raised Catholic. The rest of your post is absolutely insane nonsense, but you were right about her religion. :thup:

You can look up the story about her hairdresser too- if it's still online you'll find it. As for her being a Satanist? I'm pretty sure you already knew about that. What will she do with 150 million dollars in hell? Buy her way out? Not possible. Spend it on some leisure item in hell? There are no leisures in hell - only incredible sufferings. Will she even be able to take the 150 million with her when she leaves this earth? No. She won't. She's a fool.

I agree. Even though you have a Right to something, you should take someone elses feelings into consideration before you do it.

Example: I should not talk about the Bible if there's a Satanist or Atheist within earshot. Don't say Paedophelia is wrong, there may be NAMBLA members nearby.

That's what America is all about, not getting yer feelings hurt. Free Speech aside.

Forum List

Back