Ladies... It's Valentine's Day.....

the guilty try to smooth the road a few days a year. True love and respect show their feeling everyday of the year.

chocolates? sappy card? No, thanks.

My wife doesn't care about holidays.

If my daughter hadn't texted her at 6am, she wouldn't have wished me happy birthday til at least 2 days after

Valentine's Day sucks! It's as simple as that. Anyone that throws tons of importance onto a specific day of the year for another to prove their love to them is out of their damn mind!

Either show her you love her 365 days of the year, or quit pretending. V-Day is a holiday created by candy makers, florists and restaurants.

Awww, I'm sorry. Yeah, you need to retrain her. I did mine. His family didn't really think holidays were a big deal, so he didn't either. In my family they were always big deals.
My wife doesn't care about holidays.

If my daughter hadn't texted her at 6am, she wouldn't have wished me happy birthday til at least 2 days after

I call it just an extra dose of love. :smiliehug:
Valentine's Day sucks! It's as simple as that. Anyone that throws tons of importance onto a specific day of the year for another to prove their love to them is out of their damn mind!

Liz and I did Valentine's Day last weekend...as usual, we went to dinner...just cards, no gifts. We did it last weekend, because she didn't expect to be up for it this weekend after having a tooth crown replaced Thursday.

Valentine's Day for Men.........."Financial Slavery"

....So whst the hell are you getting for the Mister in your life?

We all know you're expecting the jewelry, chocolates, cards, flowers, and teddy bears from the guy on your life, so what are you doing/getti g for Hime?!?!?!?

Well, my estranged husband got me a car (flowers, feh!). I am reciprocating by using it to take on a second job so that we can upgrade/replace all the computers in the house.

Go big or go home.

Wasn't it sad when you decorated shoe boxes for valentines day and some kids would get no or close to no valentines?

But... is it better that everyone is made to give everyone one also?

Is that different than giving everyone and award for sports?

I think teaching children kindness and empathy in social situations is different from eliminating merit-based competition in sports.

Liz and I did Valentine's Day last weekend...as usual, we went to dinner...just cards, no gifts. We did it last weekend, because she didn't expect to be up for it this weekend after having a tooth crown replaced Thursday.

Ugh, dental work. I hope you're being extra-nice to her, because that sucks.

....So whst the hell are you getting for the Mister in your life?

We all know you're expecting the jewelry, chocolates, cards, flowers, and teddy bears from the guy on your life, so what are you doing/getti g for Hime?!?!?!?

Well, my estranged husband got me a car (flowers, feh!). I am reciprocating by using it to take on a second job so that we can upgrade/replace all the computers in the house.

Go big or go home.

Valentine's Day for men.............FINANCIAL SLAVERY

I don't know whether to get her a new shovel and hoe or go with a vacuum cleaner. I can get away with it now. We've been married 55 years. However she always gets flowers, dinner and a movie or show. I don't wan't my head bone fractured while I'm sleeping.

There are circumstances under which I will accept appliances and household implements as gifts. Buy me a Kirby vacuum, and you're golden. Buy me a cheap Hoover from WalMart, and you're getting your ass kicked. Joe got me a bread maker one year, because he remembered me telling him how much I loved the smell of fresh-baked bread at my Grandma's and that I wished I had time to make my own more often. He's also given me gifts like leather work gloves sized especially for women when I was truck driving.

Basically, gifts that honor my interests in and love of caring for my home and family are great. Gifts that treat me like an indentured servant . . . you probably want to sleep with one eye open.

the guilty try to smooth the road a few days a year. True love and respect show their feeling everyday of the year.

chocolates? sappy card? No, thanks.

I think of Valentine's Day much the same way I do Christmas or birthdays: yes, you should show people you love and appreciate them all year long, but humans are fallible and often forget, so it's good to have one day that brings it back to your attention.

Forum List

Back