Labor secretary nominee Andrew Puzder in jeopardy

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Another one bits the dust

Four Republican senators have told GOP leadership they are withholding support for President Donald Trump's choice for labor secretary, setting off an intense effort by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and business groups to bring at least two back into the fold so that the nomination does not fail, several sources involved in the effort tell CNN.

The four, these sources say, are GOP Sens. Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Tim Scott of South Carolina and Johnny Isakson of Georgia.

Andrew Puzder, labor secretary pick, in jeopardy - CNNPolitics.com

How could you vote for a guy that says he is against having illegals in the U.S taking away jobs from Americans... and had one for years working for him under his roof??? Even if he says she had fake paperwork... then why would you have a guy running the Labor department that is sloppy checking his paperwork? The guy was CEO of a major corporation and couldn't spot fake paperwork?

I happened to hear an hour long discussion on talk radio today about this appointee. It was very biased against him so I tried to take it with a grain of salt, I prefer more balanced discussions. Regardless, it seems he is a contentious pick beyond just what the alt-left has been promoting.

In fairness, other than Mattis, how many of these appointees have been supported by the Democrats? Though having four dissenting votes is different for sure.

Forum List

Back