Labor group launching ads in Florida targeting Mitt Romney

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Reporting from St. Petersburg, Fla.—
For weeks, Mitt Romney has gotten off scot-free in Florida because his cash-starved GOP rivals lack the financial resources to attack him on TV.

Now a Democratic labor union is about to fill the void, attacking Romney's business record in a new ad, accusing him of what it calls "corporate greed" and linking him to Medicare fraud at a company where he once sat on the board of directors (see video below).

AFSCME has purchased airtime in Florida for the 30-second spot, which bends the facts to link Romney to Florida's Republican Gov. Rick Scott, another businessman-turned-politician who once ran a company that paid $1.7 billion in fines, penalties and damages for Medicare fraud (still a record).

In the anti-Romney ad, which begins airing Saturday, the male voiceover says that while Romney was a director of Damon Corp., a medical testing company acquired by Bain Capital in 1989, "the company was defrauding Medicare of millions." The ad goes on to point out that Romney profited handsomely from his investment in the suburban Boston company (which Bain, the private-equity firm Romney co-founded, sold several years later).

Labor group ads in Florida target Mitt Romney - chicagotribune.com

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Am I good or what?

BDM2.jpg

Labor group launching ads in Florida targeting Mitt Romney

Thanks to Citizens United, allowing comprehensive political discourse in a free society.

Hey! I think labor unions bought demoncraps waaaaaaay before Citizens United.. Just sayin is all.. but go ahead and look stupid and see if I care.

Good for them.

This is where i think Romney is in a lot of trouble, because he's finally getting scrutiny.

So, I take it you're gonna scrutinize what these union ads say.... or will you take it on blind trust... cuz the nice union guys wouldn't lie, would they?

Man, you are one dumb fuck, JoeyBoy.

Good for them.

This is where i think Romney is in a lot of trouble, because he's finally getting scrutiny.

So, I take it you're gonna scrutinize what these union ads say.... or will you take it on blind trust... cuz the nice union guys wouldn't lie, would they?

I don't care what they say, to be honest. If they are the gist of "Romney is a scumbag", they are probably spot on.

Destroying Romney is the goal. I really don't care how it is accomplished.

Good for them.

I don't care what they say, to be honest. If they are the gist of "Romney is a scumbag", they are probably spot on.

Who would you like to see win the Repub nomination?

Scott is about as popular as the plague in Florida, that's why they're linking him to Romney, but it's dishonest.

Also, it's pretty clear who labor wants to see run against Obama in the Fall.

Who would you like to see win the Repub nomination?

I would like to see Newt win, of the jokers we have left. But I think the GOP has to address much bigger problems, not the least of which is realizing that it's a blue collar party now, and it needs to stop taking the side of guys in suits over guys in blue-jeans.

Forum List

Back