Kyoto Treaty comes into force

manu1959 said:
economically it will hurt everyone, science is a draw ... the treaty does not do anything to address the indias of the world ....

It's still open to debate whether or not this is even an issue. That's why I posted all those scientist! :halo:

Kathianne said:
It's still open to debate whether or not this is even an issue. That's why I posted all those scientist! :halo:

i meant the science is a draw from the perspective of that it is subjective

my concern is this if you only put restrictions on some countries and not other countries then guess what....everyuone will open plants in the non-restricted countries and the air water or whatever will still be poulted...the us said acroos the board enforcment or we aint joing up...gues what all the folks that have factories in india where ther won't be restrictions signed on...sound familiar

Kathianne said:
Thats true but if all the major poluters agree to sign on than thats already that much good done...and say if the US signs on, I don't see why India couldn't be pressures in signing on etc...

j07950 said:
Thats true but if all the major poluters agree to sign on than thats already that much good done...and say if the US signs on, I don't see why India couldn't be pressures in signing on etc...

That is nonsense.

I think that the US not signing on is giving the message that "hey, they aren't cooperating, why should we?" well thats how I see it...if the US signs on than other countries would have to sign on...if pressure is put upon them

j07950 said:
What is? Pressure...like that hasn't been done for other issues?

Skip the whole country issue. Deal with your supposition.

1. I agree there isn't scientific agreement that greenhouse gases are generated by the factors cited in Kyoto.

2. Even if the holes in the ozone, etc., were created by said gases, there is not agreement that Kyoto really addresses the problem or that that it isn't a naturally occuring phenomena.

3. Regardless of whether any of the above is true or false, let's do it anyways.

4. While 'we do it anyways' let's pressure everyone we can to do it anyways.

5. Believe it or not, this is not to be taken as a joke.

:teeth: :banana2:

j07950 said:
I think that the US not signing on is giving the message that "hey, they aren't cooperating, why should we?" well thats how I see it...if the US signs on than other countries would have to sign on...if pressure is put upon them

not true ... read the treaty ... it says developing countries do not have to comply ... developing nations are some of the biggest offenders

the us was preasuring others to include all countries ... close the loop hole ... the us was opposed by countires that have factories and or major financial interest in developing nations ... thus the exception for developing nations ... the us said screw it

manu1959 said:
not true ... read the treaty ... it says developing countries do not have to comply ... developing nations are some of the biggest offenders

the us was preasuring others to include all countries ... close the loop hole ... the us was opposed by countires that have factories and or major financial interest in developing nations ... thus the exception for developing nations ... the us said screw it
Well than they should redo it and include everyone...

manu1959 said:

And world trade bodys claim it will it will hinder economic growth in LDCs.

Said1 said:
And world trade bodys claim it will it will hinder economic growth in LDCs.
Yeah I can see that happening...but countries like India and china are the most important...their economy is booming...so they would suffer the least out of DC's
Other LDC's don't factor in as heavily

manu1959 said:
so the poor should be able to trash the environment but the rich can't?

Stiffling economic development will always ensure that they do nothing to protect their environments. Not that they're doing much now mind you. :cow:

Said1 said:
Of course they are. They are the poorest, and most ill equipped when it comes to protecting the environments and controlling emissions.
Totally agree with you, but was is that compared to the additon of US+china+india+russia+ lets say Europe?

j07950 said:
Totally agree with you, but was is that compared to the additon of US+china+india+russia+ lets say Europe?

Most of those nations have the means to aquire technology as it arises. Although, some European countries such as Ireland are already facing penalties for not meeting their agreed terms of Koyoto.

Said1 said:
Most of those nations have the means to aquire technology as it arises. Although, some European countries such as Ireland are already facing penalties for not meeting their agreed terms of Koyoto.
Do u mean "Means to aquire technology" to reduce pollution??? Well if thats true than apply it and sign on...Ireland isn't cosidered a rich country in europe...they have economic problems...although in better shape than say 20 years ago

Alright I've got to go...I'm well tired and I've had a long day already...oh and stop giving me rep points, I've never had this many...it feels weird!!!

j07950 said:
Do u mean "Means to aquire technology" to reduce pollution??? Well if thats true than apply it and sign on...Ireland isn't cosidered a rich country in europe...they have economic problems...although in better shape than say 20 years ago

I said "as it arises".

Forum List

Back