Krazy Kamala Harris to call for federal spending to raise teacher salaries

Education is not a federal function and teachers aren't federal employees, so she is just pandering as usual. While I do think teachers in some places (like Las Vegas) are underpaid, that's on the local governments to resolve. Just like every other government institution, many school districts are rife with waste they can redirect to the classroom.

Education is not a federal function and teachers aren't federal employees, so she is just pandering as usual. While I do think teachers in some places (like Las Vegas) are underpaid, that's on the local governments to resolve. Just like every other government institution, many school districts are rife with waste they can redirect to the classroom.
Basic Education should be a federal priority.
If well trained teachers help the country achieve equality for all, including education and job opportunities that education represents, then that should be a national priority.

• Banned
You may not believe this, but I am 100% in suppprt of Kamala's plan for slave reparations

If you were ever a slave, you should be paid

If you ever owned a slave, you should be the one paying

Everyone else should be left alone

You may not believe this, but I am 100% in suppprt of Kamala's plan for slave reparations

If you were ever a slave, you should be paid

If you ever owned a slave, you should be the one paying

Everyone else should be left alone
The basic principle is “Innocent victims should be compensated”.
Germany eventually compensated their slave labour during WW2.
Did USA compensate their citizens with Japanese ancestry, many of which lost their homes? Official apology is only the beginning.

Fire all the bloated, unnecessary public school nonsense like "school superintendents" and get rid of idiotic, qu33r agenda stuff and distribute the savings to the so-called teachers who are really just classroom monitors really who have an easy work schedule and summers off.

• Banned
Good message for a female dominated, heavily unionized profession.

• Banned
Yes to paying Teachers more!!! Now can we talk about Mental Health? We have an epidemic of mass shootings and homelessness in this country and no one wants to talk about the fact that we have been downsizing Mental Health since the Regan era to the point of almost non-existence. The chronically mentally ill who used to be housed in residential programs are now incarcerated or homeless. The average Mental Health Professional makes $40-48,000 a year in The Bay Area, not enough to live on. No one is talking about this!

If we're going to make our economy work for families, we have to transform the infrastructure of work to make it easier to be a parent AND make a living. We need equal pay for equal work, affordable daycare for all and national paid leave. It's 2019. Let's get this done.

That's a matter of opinion. Bear in mind, we aren't Denmark. We have 50 times the population you do and far more diverse. The federal government would be completely incapable of managing a public education system effectively or efficiently with positive results.

If well trained teachers help the country achieve equality for all, including education and job opportunities that education represents, then that should be a national priority.

Each state and local municipality is perfectly capable of all of things. They don't need the feds to do it for them.

Fire all the bloated, unnecessary public school nonsense like "school superintendents" and get rid of idiotic, qu33r agenda stuff and distribute the savings to the so-called teachers who are really just classroom monitors really who have an easy work schedule and summers off.

How is a superintendent unnecessary? Someone has to ultimately be in charge of the district and as the "CEO." What they can do it cut down on middle management positions, like vice-superintendents, vice-principals and also unnecessary jobs like teacher's aids and diversity departments.

That's a matter of opinion. Bear in mind, we aren't Denmark. We have 50 times the population you do and far more diverse. The federal government would be completely incapable of managing a public education system effectively or efficiently with positive results.

Each state and local municipality is perfectly capable of all of things. They don't need the feds to do it for them.

The federal government would be completely incapable of managing a public education system effectively or efficiently with positive results.
The USA is by far the richest nation on Earth.
Its wealthy citizens and corporations can easily be taxed more to assist with the social problems they are part of.
You need people to get rich from, and all people should be respected, not just used.

The USA is by far the richest nation on Earth.

And $22 trillion in debt

Its wealthy citizens and corporations can easily be taxed more to assist with the social problems they are part of.
You need people to get rich from, and all people should be respected, not just used.

Over taxing wealthier people has never produced economic equality in human history, aside from it being immoral.

The total ignorance of you conservatives assholes, knows no bounds.

You should try standing in front of 25+ children and have to teach them all day every day, and then go home, grade papers, set tests and get ready for another day. I had Brownies one day a week for 2 hours and I was exhausted at the end of it. It taught me enormous respect for teachers who have to be "on" and leading the class from the time they arrive at school, until they go home.

Teachers are hardly "classroom monitors", having to present the material in a way that engages and interests the student, as well as imparting the information they need.

You should try standing in front of 25+ children and have to teach them all day every day, and then go home, grade papers, set tests and get ready for another day. I had Brownies one day a week for 2 hours and I was exhausted at the end of it. It taught me enormous respect for teachers who have to be "on" and leading the class from the time they arrive at school, until they go home.

Teachers are hardly "classroom monitors", having to present the material in a way that engages and interests the student, as well as imparting the information they need.

Agreed. I've volunteered at schools several times through programs like Junior Achievement in a Day, for example, and there is no way I could do that job. I don't have the patients or the temperament.

No teacher should have to work 2-3 jobs to survive. That’s wrong. Kamala's ready to do something about it.

Pocahontas was a special needs teacher. they should have taught her!

Forum List

Back