Korean beer ranks No. 3 in Iraq

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
That's nice to see that the Iraqis will sit down and enjoy a beer now and then while they relax. It goes to show you that all Muslims are not teetotalers.

Korean beer ranks No. 3 in Iraq

2015/01/18 10:43
SEOUL, Jan. 18 (Yonhap) -- Korean beer exports to Iraq are gaining traction, helping local breweries that are moving to diversify their target markets to bolster growth, data showed Sunday.

Exports of Korean beer to the country reached 6,384 tons, or US$4.48 million, last year, putting South Korea as the country's third-largest beer supplier. The biggest exporter was Hong Kong with 55,484 tons, followed by China with 20,112 tons, according to the data by the Korea Customs Service.

The latest data compared with four years ago, when South Korea ranked as the country's seven-largest beer exporter, also trailing Singapore, the United States, Taiwan and Japan.

Market watchers attributed the growing demand of Korean beer to the popularity of Korean culture in the Middle East.

Continue reading at:

Korean beer ranks No. 3 in Iraq?

It's Korean.

A lot of both brands must be imported into the U.S. because there is a large Korean population here. In Los Angeles, we have an area called Koreatown which is just west of downtown Los Angeles. The next time I am in a Korean market in the San Fernando Valley, out of curiosity I will check out what they are carrying.

beer in a country that is muslims? Is it alcohol free?
Have you heard of secular states?

in government and society, but alcohol for musims is still haram. Iraq is still conservative enough that most women wear at least a hijab if not a burka.
So why is there so much consumption of beer?
Yes, in government and society. But many women are forced to veil themselves by their families after the rise of Islamism that followed the invasion in Iraq.
Why women are less free 10 years after the invasion of Iraq - CNN.com

But modern society still exists, though it is oppressed by groups like ISIS.
Schoolgirls on a party killed by ISIS (Graphic):
17 schulm dchen in mossul bei einer party erschossen kopten ohne grenzen

Also Christians are killed:
"Islamic State terrorists have begun their promised killing of Christians in Mosul, and they have started with the children. According to a report via CNN, a Chaldean-American businessman has said that killings have started in Mosul and children's heads are being erected on poles in a city park.

Arabo, who is a prominent Chaldean-American businessman and met with other leaders of his community in the White House last week, has called upon American political leaders to grant asylum to about 300,000 Christians fleeing the ISIS invasion."
WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS RAW - ISIS begins killing Christians in Mosul CHILDREN BEHEADED - Middle East - International - News - Catholic Online

Last edited:
Plenty of Muslims drink.

I'm sure they do. Some years ago my husband and I went into an Open House for a very expensive home newly built in the neighborhood. I noticed one door of a room had etched in the glass door "Wine Cellar." I told the Middle Eastern real estate agent that a Muslim would pass this house by because they don't drink. He said, "Don't fool yourself. They do drink."

Plenty of Muslims drink.

I'm sure they do. Some years ago my husband and I went into an Open House for a very expensive home newly built in the neighborhood. I noticed one door of a room had etched in the glass door "Wine Cellar." I told the Middle Eastern real estate agent that a Muslim would pass this house by because they don't drink. He said, "Don't fool yourself. They do drink."

I've gotten drunk with Muslims plenty of times.

Plenty of Muslims drink.

I've gotten drunk with Muslims plenty of times.

I can believe that. There are many Muslims who like to enjoy having a good time which include having a few drinks.

By the way, my husband said that when he was in Bahrain for a while and went into bars in the early 80's, the Muslims would dip one finger into their drink, flick the drops off the finger, and then it was bottoms up.

Forum List

Back