Know Your Representative

LiberalMedia

VIP Member
May 21, 2014
NC
Let's have a thread on our U.S. Representatives.

Post yours here, state whether you like or dislike them, and give us a post from their website that shows something they've said or done lately.

My Rep is Walter Jones, a self-styled "Constitutional conservative" and a massive racist who hates President Obama. Needless to say, I dislike him immensely. He was, however, one of the four House Wrongpublicans who did not jump on board the famous "let's sue President Obama" bandwagon.

JONES VOTES TO PROHIBIT FUNDS FOR OBAMA?S AMNESTY PROGRAM | Congressman Walter Jones

Late last week, Congressman Walter B. Jones (NC-3) voted in favor of a bill preventing President Barack Obama from bypassing Congress to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants. Specifically, H.R. 5272 would prohibit any federal resources from being used to consider new or previously denied applications under the president’s deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) program – a program which he issued under executive order in 2012 without congressional approval. Furthermore, the bill prohibits the authorization of deferred action for any other class of illegal immigrants.

“President Obama has all but invited the flood of illegal immigrants across our borders by making it clear that his administration will do little to deport those who are caught,” said Congressman Jones. “In order to put an end to the border crisis, we must immediately begin enforcing existing immigration laws. This bill is an important first step in dissuading future illegal arrivals by removing the incentive of citizenship for those who have broken our laws.”

Hopefully, this thread will help each of us become better acquainted with our own U.S. Representatives, and cause everyone else to become more informed on the members of Congress representing other areas.

Mine is a run of the mill Republican with no serious challenge in November. He's been in a long time and would probably qualify as "establishment".

I've called him and written him when I want him to vote a certain way on something. He always sends a form letter back completely ignoring my request. He thinks I am in his corner. Of course.....being in a very safe red district.....he thinks everyone is in his corner.

I like my guy because he's not a sniveling Liberal.

Thank you for completely ignoring the purpose of this thread. With any luck, your continued low-brow commentary without a single reference cited in your posts will influence other users, and drive away those who actually research issues, want to learn about their own government, and know what they're talking about.

Mine is a run of the mill Republican with no serious challenge in November. He's been in a long time and would probably qualify as "establishment".

I've called him and written him when I want him to vote a certain way on something. He always sends a form letter back completely ignoring my request. He thinks I am in his corner. Of course.....being in a very safe red district.....he thinks everyone is in his corner.

That describes Walter Jones to a T.

The "T" standing for "Teabagger," of course. The racist.

Last edited:
Thank you for completing ignoring the purpose of this thread. With any luck, your continued low-brow commentary without a single reference cited in your posts will influence other users, and drive away those who actually research issues, want to learn about their own government, and know what they're talking about.
Gosh yer strict! I like that!

Bill Shuster (PA-9)

He's against Illegal Alien Amnesty.

That's all anyone really needs to know.

Thank you for completing ignoring the purpose of this thread. With any luck, your continued low-brow commentary without a single reference cited in your posts will influence other users, and drive away those who actually research issues, want to learn about their own government, and know what they're talking about.
Gosh yer strict! I like that!

Bill Shuster (PA-9)

He's against Illegal Alien Amnesty.

That's all anyone really needs to know.

Although his stance on immigration sounds horrific, I went to his page on House.gov and found this:

Anyone who's outraged about the full implementation of the ACA being delayed is a good tribune of the pyyple in my book. Sounds like he's really whipping Congressional Wrongpublicans good for obstructing President Obama's enlightened lybyryl agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for completely ignoring the purpose of this thread. With any luck, your continued low-brow commentary without a single reference cited in your posts will influence other users, and drive away those who actually research issues, want to learn about their own government, and know what they're talking about.

Jones is a closet Democrat and the fact you think he is a tea party member is hilarious. His father was a democrat and so was he until it was his turn to run for Congress, you see the dems wouldn't support him so he switched parties. He supports more dem policies then Republican.

Your video only enforces the fact that Obama picks and chooses which part of ObamaCare gets implemented and when, which is also pissing off Dems. Taint supposed to do that.

Bill Shuster says so in the video.

(I know one of Volunteer Firemen he speaks of in the vid)

Jones is a closet Democrat and the fact you think he is a tea party member is hilarious. His father was a democrat and so was he until it was his turn to run for Congress, you see the dems wouldn't support him so he switched parties. He supports more dem policies then Republican.

How is he a "closet Democrat"? What Democratic causes does he champion? He switched parties because all the racists and right-wingers were gravitating towards the Wrongpublican Party, and Democrats wouldn't support him due to his rampant racism, which has become all too obvious since President Obama appeared on the national stage.

Mine is Republican Joe Heck (NV-03). He's okay, but could be better on some things. I don't see his Democratic opponent this year being capable of knocking him off in the election despite this district having a Cook PVI of Even.

Mine is Renee Elmers and she is 100% conservative. I would like to bump uglies with her.

What do you think of hyr challenger, Clay Aiken? He's got more name recognition than probably anyone in the entire country running for office right now, and you better believe the pyyple who vote for American Idol will be out at the polls voting for Aiken in the real wyrld. On the other hand, Ellmers has the advantage of incumbency, and won hyr primary by a much greater percentage than did Aiken, so she has some degree of party loyalty behind hyr, whereas Aiken, as a political newcomer, does not.

Mine is Renee Elmers and she is 100% conservative. I would like to bump uglies with her.

What do you think of hyr challenger, Clay Aiken? He's got more name recognition than probably anyone in the entire country running for office right now, and you better believe the pyyple who vote for American Idol will be out at the polls voting for Aiken in the real wyrld. On the other hand, Ellmers has the advantage of incumbency, and won hyr primary by a much greater percentage than did Aiken, so she has some degree of party loyalty behind hyr, whereas Aiken, as a political newcomer, does not.

Clay :gay: Aiken? He barely beat his Dem challenger. I think this district is too conservative. And he has nothing but his name to run on. BTW...his cousin used to work for me. She was hawt! She quit to ride his coat tails when he was on American Idol.

you sound like my kinda gal, LM...

do you like guys...? or do you prefer to munch carpets...?

it also describes mine....Loretta Sanchez.....

Here's mine: Congressman Sanford Bishop | Representing the 2nd District of Georgia

In bold is one major reason why I dislike him. It demonstrates a massive character flaw in Bishop, in my opinion.
In 1997, the Pigford v. Glickman lawsuit came out of legislative discrimination of black farmers, the case was led by Timothy Pigford and 400 black farmers. The Washington Times reported that by the end of the case in 1999, over 94,000 claims were filed in conjuncture with the original case, "even though the U.S. Census Bureau never counted more than 33,000 black farmers in America during the years in question."[34]

In February 2011, three farmers brought these allegations of fraud to Mr. Bishop, including Eddie Slaughter, vice president of the Black Farmers and Agriculturalists Association, Bishop responded with "yes, I am aware that there is fraud in the program, that's why anti-fraud provisions were written into the settlement...It's not my job to monitor fraud in the program."
Sanford Bishop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back